littlek

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:12 pm
Sorry to be confusing! Around here it's a given that leases run from Sept-Aug.
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:18 pm
@littlek,
It certainly makes things a lot more difficult for you, k.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 06:31 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
She actually posted your address on Facebook?

I'd rip her bloody arms off!!!
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:20 pm
@dlowan,
Plus a leg or two!
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:26 pm
@msolga,
....and then some more.

littlek, you're clearly too nice. People take advantage of you.
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 07:52 pm
@littlek,
OK, I'm gonna be blunt, k. I don't know if this will help, or whether you'll welcome this or not, but here goes ...

This "young one" you're sharing with doesn't want too many "old people" around & is inflexible about it ... & has also just published your home address on Facebook .... leading to (amongst other things! Rolling Eyes ) the possibly of yet another young thing that you could be sharing with.

I think it's reasonable to say that she's pretty immature & rather selfish, yes? And that she's not considering your druthers at all.

I know you loathe conflict, k, but ....

What are your feelings about living with two young things, not just one? Because that is most likely what you're going to end up with, the way things are going.

Is there any way the two of you could have a fair & reasonable discussion about your concerns & rights, assuming this is not what you want? Is there any realistic possibility of a compromise between what the two of you want?

If not, what happens next? (I know what I'd do, as inconvenient & as upsetting as it might be ...)

Think about it, k. Time is running out.

0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
Calamity Jane wrote:
littlek, you're clearly too nice. People take advantage of you.

Calamity Jane stole my line before I even said it. Littlek, do you have any dragon friends who can coach you on how to be a little more evil? Now might be a good time to call them.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:11 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

....do you have any dragon friends who can coach you on how to be a little more evil?

That's where you come in, Thomas - go up there and strengthen her back!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:12 pm
@Thomas,
I'm late on this and damned elderly. What is this democracy ****? You are the one who knows the landlord, at the least. Any petunia can pull in a new enthusiasm to live with you? You are sharing power with Petunia? Not to negate her as a valid human, but, really..

You are being worked when you have power to stop it, littlek, by your presence. Or, I hope so.
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:12 pm
@CalamityJane,
An honest, independent & firm mediator! That's what's needed here! Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:14 pm
@ossobuco,
alternately, you could post on facebook for sane forty year olds, or thereabouts.
Thomas

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm useless to her, because I'm an inside-the-closet mushball. I only play a hardened cynic online. What littlek needs is the real thing.
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Osso, there's a rather nice Irish folksinger who is (or was?) interested, whose expecting a response by Wednesday. (But alas, he's "too old".)
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:24 pm
@Thomas,
This is why I love Thomas, but never mind. I pay attention when he does the hardnosed stuff - but I like how he is not all cold.. a lot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:27 pm
@msolga,
irish folksinger too old? WHAT?
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:30 pm
@ossobuco,
So, I missed this, the age constraint. How was that worked out? as some sort of criterion?
msolga

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 08:33 pm
@ossobuco,
Yep. Go back a few pages, osso.

That's where the problem started. K was happy with him, but "young one" found him "too old". Didn't want to be sharing with two old people. Neutral
ossobuco

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:02 pm
@msolga,
So why did young one just out and out win?

I'm trying to put myself in place of a kind of democracy. But I think that it is only littlek that is doing that in the household.

My niece, whom I love beyond all measure, is atavistic. Part of why we interest each other, the talk. She's 22. Whoa...

I don't know what to say about the too old guy and how that worked out, K.
Offhand, it's strange to me, but I can see how that could happen.
But really, who are you? Have you no anger? You're going to let Petunia just pick?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Nov, 2009 09:49 pm
I'm saying what I need to say without going into dragon-mode. I have no more right as to who we choose than she does. We are equal partners in the lease. I can be persuasive, maybe.

We had around 5 people who were interested in coming over tonight. Only two showed up (the older ones, of course - though 'older' is almost laughable in this context). She shrugged at the guy who I liked (and who was 27). She liked the girl who was younger and undecided about even moving out of her current place.

"So, what is up with this?" I asked her.
She responds, "My mother is dead-set against me living with a guy."

I ask her, "Why we are wasting these guys' time then?" And I don't ask, 'Why the hell is your mother dictating who I live with?' I venture, "What about a gay guy?" "Nope, he'll have straight friends."

So, there goes 50% of an already slim population. This includes the perfectly lovely Irish Folk musician.

I will ask her tomorrow why her mother is allowed to have a say in who I live with and see what she says.
msolga

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 12:12 am
@littlek,
Quote:

"So, what is up with this?" I asked her.
She responds, "My mother is dead-set against me living with a guy."

I ask her, "Why we are wasting these guys' time then?"

Say nothing of your time! Good grief.

She's 24 years old, is that right?

Well,I dunno, I really don't ......

But does this mean that an old hag (like over 30 Wink ) is OK?

And please, for your own sake, k, tell her (don't ask) to remove your address from the Face book ad. & not to post your address online, ever again.

A different thing altogether, I know, but .... I'll never forget the guy who kept ringing me at all hours of the day & night, some years ago, after I'd placed a similar advertisement to yours (with my contact number, of course) constantly asking what I was wearing & breathing heavily. (erk!)

Then there was another one, who rang late at night accusing me of being a lesbian (not that I have anything against lesbians, mind!) because I'd advertised for a woman to share ...

Then there was ... Rolling Eyes

But you get the picture anyway, I'm certain. What an incredibly stupid thing to do!

0 Replies