Should I just igore this or are they up to something?

katya07

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2017 10:36 am
Have you ever felt that someone is strutting things in your face by talking about someone who is gaining money and this and that, how would you deal with this, if one of your family members( older ones) do this from time to time, and has nothing else to do but whine about something, talk grandiously about someone making a lot of money, or is always up to something that has to do with me, I feel as if there saying things secretly behind my back as well, or there trying to get rid of me (they offered to let me stay in there house, cause I have no other place to go) but sometimes this just does not feel right, I feel they are doing this cause they have no other option than to help me (I am their granddaughter!!) why are older people so whiny about everything? my grandmother always makes noises in the kitchen closing the cabinets putting away stuff as if she was bittered or angry about things,, is there something I am missing here? All of this makes me tense and bitter myself, and I dont want this for me. plus I am working to save money,, I have to be at peace.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,679 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2017 11:14 am
@katya07,
They might be clumsily dropping hints, they might not. Your grandmother might be angry about something else entirely. Her anger does not have to be about you.

Why not have a conversation with your grandparents? Make a plan about your future. You're saving this much every month, this is how much an apartment costs, this is how much you'll need for a deposit, etc. Show them you are consistently working toward a goal of independence.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2017 02:15 am
@katya07,
Some old people are never happy. I have a cousin who is a few weeks older than me. We're very different, everything he's good at I'm not, and vice versa.

Whenever either of us would see our grandmother she would go on and on about the other one, and how they were doing. Neither my cousin nor I can remember a single nice word she said about us to our faces.

The problem wasn't ours. Actually we get on very well, we both really disliked our grandmother, so despite our differences we had that in common.
0 Replies