HELP My boyfriend wants a sex change

Thesheebamoeba

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:51 am
But I don't want to leave him, I love him.. but how can I love him as a her?
0 Replies

fireball

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2005 10:55 am
if you love him. thats great! but things will change. If he dose go a head with it.
0 Replies

kobey

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 07:37 pm
Hmm, well I am in the same situation myself. Except I am the boyfriend. Well its a lot of questions that I can''t even answer, but here it goes. Most true transgendered people are not gay, nor do they care about it, I mean some are willing to try it after a surgery and see what it is like. Research was done a few years back, and they actully discovered that transgendered people had the same brain as the desired sex. The brain between a male and female have many different characteristics, and that was how they drew the conclusion. It is the actual chemical eqautions in the brain that determine this, and how the brain reacts to it.

I love my Girl Friend very much, and I want to marry her, but I just don't feel right about living the rest of my life like this. I heard some people say it is worst than being extreamly over weight. Its like you are in a prison. And most people have noticed something was wrong with them at a very young age.

Its a terrible situation to be in. However the fact remains that we still love each other in sickness, and in health. I really don't know how to put it, its very hard to explain,but hopefully you will work it out. Smile
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:14 am
Gender Dysphoria (a name that I've argued, doesn't fit the condition) is very misunderstood in today's society.

First of all it is not related to homosexuality in any way. Some people also confused those suffering from GD with drag queens and transvestites; I haven't seen it on this thread though.

Gender Dysphoria is characterized by feelings of being trapped inside a body that do not belongs to you, an example of that would be for a man to look at breasts and feel as if he should have them, or that he's missing them. It is condition that if not helped, (It can't be rectified, the only solution known is Sexual reassignment Surgery) the person will plummet into depression and look for other ways to vent those feelings.

A Gender Dysphoric will usually be attracted to their same sex, (meaning to a person of the same gender they believe themselves to be) but the opposite is also possible.

A situation like this is very hard to deal with by the person's partner, and men usually are more reluctant to compromise than women, (Unproven studies say that women are more likely to be bisexual) who sometimes embrace their partner new identity quite easily.

I think this is all the useful information I have on this subject.
0 Replies