madly in love with married coworker

eutache

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 09:00 am
I'v been married for 14 years, love my wife and never dream of cheating on her. I work with three coworkers, 2 men and a (married) woman, we have known each other for more then ten years now, and always got along very well. We (She and I ) have a lot of things in common, like music tastes, political ideas, and so on, so we talk now and then, even though lately she only talks about her children, wich i find a bit boring. Our work is mostly office work, but once or twice a week we have to go out on the territory to take samples and make measurements, and we always go out in pair, most of the times I go out with my male colleagues, but recently it happened that I went out 2 o 3 times in a row with her.
Some days ago iI was eating in the cafeteria with my colleagues (she was not there) and another guy , who is known to get very provoking and annoiyng at times, commented on my going out with her by sayng: well, we all know that you are lovers” the others at the table made a half laugh and i laughed too, saying “oh please, stop it” because the idea of us being lovers seemed absurd and bizarre.
But later i came to think about it, and the idea of us being lovers came to my mind us something extremely exciting in its impossibility, I considered her in a completely new light, now she become suddenly very attractive to my eyes (which she had never been, actually I never thought that she had been pretty).
Now I can't literally stop thinking about her, I find every excuse to talk to her or to be where she is.
I know that this thing has no hope to become a reality, she is a very faithful wife and responsible mother (or at least she tries to look like one) on the other hand I woul never dream to tell her my feeling or to put my marriage in danger. I wonder why it happened and how it could happen,, and since I won't ever tell anyone, I nedd to tell someone anonymous just to have some feedback. Thanks

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 09:37 am
@eutache,
I'm glad to hear that you don't plan on acting on these impulses. You already know that to do so would jeopardize both of your marriages. The idea of having a secret lover is exciting and so you think about it a lot. Leave it at that; a fantasy. Good luck!
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:34 am
@eutache,
The thought is in your head because someone put the thought in your head.

She’s shown no interest in you. In fact you’ve said that mostly what she talks about is her kids, which you find boring. You’re not into her, you were simply susceptible to suggestion.

Where do you live btw? It’s hard for me to imagine a bunch of guys sitting around and one uses the term “lover”.

At the most polite, I’d Imagine a guy (or a woman for that matter), saying “We all know your sleeping with her”.
chai2

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:52 am
@TomTomBinks,
Btw TomTom, you make an excellent point about this just being a secret fantasy

Just because something pops into your head doesn’t mean you have an obligation to act on it. Also, I don’t think there’s necessarily a need to purge oneself of the fantasy. It can just be a delicious way to entertain yourself in idle moments.
eutache

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 11:31 am
@chai2,
You 're right chai2, English is not my mothertongue, I live in a southern european country and i translated it incorrectly, the guy said something like "we all know you 2 have something going on". He only meant to tease and make the others laugh, and I think he also meant to underline how much he hates her (but that's another story).
I just shook my head like he had said something very stupid and I looked at my other colleagues, expecting that they would do the same, but I noticed that they were lookig inquiringly at me as they wanted to see my reaction ,.
Later there were some "signs" (or, better, facts that I interpreted as such that kept nourishing my fantasy) when I was alone with her we saw an ad about a cultural event and she said that she wished she could attend with a companion wich was not her husband; The day after I gave her a compliment about her clothes told her she looked like a young girl and she seemed very pleased.
I don't know how to tackle the situation as I'm afraid that I might say something stupid or too daring and she would be alarmed. We have been working together for a long time and if this thing should emerge it would be very very embarassing, but I just can't get her out of my mind and I have to meet her every day.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:13 pm
@eutache,
Your subconscious will betray you! If you don't squash this thing down you WILL end up acting on this and you will either ruin your work relationship or your marriage or both. Be careful.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 13 Nov, 2017 10:14 pm
@chai2,
Yeah, so many seem to feel that they must fulfill every idle whim. Some things are better left undone!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2017 08:51 am
You said you two have a lot in common and get along well. Other people may have seen this connection you two have.
Someone even planted a seed by saying that you two "have something else going on. "

Now you are "feeding" this fantasy with all kinds of things, including general remarks she is making.

See if you can get a different work schedule/ partner. It's not good to fool around at work.

What's going on in your marriage to make you feel so distracted?

eutache

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2017 12:27 pm
@PUNKEY,
good point. What's going on in my mariage? I don't know.. everything looks fine, at least on the surface. I guess the problem is me going through a silly midlife crisis after all--
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2017 01:54 pm
@eutache,
Could be. Bored? Do you and the wife need to go away for a romantic weekend?

Sometimes getting "turned on" by a workmate can spice things up at home. Take your passion home with you. Could this happen for you?
0 Replies

SDgregs

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2017 09:25 pm
@eutache,
I think that it is completely natural for you to have these feelings. You have been in a monogamous relationship for 14 years.

I've gone through something similar. I've been married to my husband for 8 years, since I was 18. I met a guy at school that I had things in common with and whom I found attractive. But it was just a crush and I knew that I did not have to act on the feelings that I had. Instead I just talked to my husband and let him know how I was feeling because maybe my feelings for the other guy meant that I wasn't getting something from my husband.

Not saying you should do that but, it helped me. There has been a long debate on whether not humans are naturally monogamous. It is impossible for us to be attracted to just one person so it's completely normal for you to have feelings like that. Just think about the ramifications of acting on your feelings for her.
Ragman

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 07:39 am
@eutache,
Funny thing is that I feel that way about chocolate. I can't wait 'til the next time I can get my hands on some bonbons.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2017 06:39 pm
@SDgregs,
Quote:
There has been a long debate on whether not humans are naturally monogamous.

Those arguing for Humans being naturally monogamous are seriously deluded. Human monogamy is the exception, not the rule.
0 Replies