AAARHG! Enough with the snow!

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:27 pm
This week's forcast for Boston is painful. We still have ice from xmas under the snow from MLK's Day on the ground. So, looks like there will be NO snow on wed and sun. Rolling Eyes

Washingtons Birthday
Snow developing late in the morning...heavy at times late in the day. Accumulation 2 to 4 inches. Not as cold and brisk. Highs in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph.
Monday Night
Snow...heavy at times. Total accumulation...14 to 20 inches. Very windy. Lows in the lower 20s. Northeast winds 25 to 35 mph.

Tuesday
Snow...ending early in the afternoon. Windy. Highs in the mid 30s. Chance of snow 80 percent.
Tuesday Night
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 20s.

Wednesday
Mostly cloudy in the morning...then becoming mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 30s.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear and breezy. Lows in the mid 20s.

Thursday
A chance of snow. Breezy. Highs in the upper 30s.

Friday
Cloudy with a chance of snow or rain in the morning...then a chance of rain or snow. Windy. Lows in the mid 20s and highs in the lower 40s.

Saturday
Cloudy with a chance of rain...then a chance of snow or rain. Breezy. Lows in the lower 30s and highs in the mid 40s.

Sunday
Mostly cloudy...then becoming mostly clear. Windy. Cooler with lows in the upper 20s and highs in the mid 30s.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 8,838 • Replies: 123
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:29 pm
<waving>

Send it over here!!

We've been getting wimpy little smatterings of snow but nothing really substantial. We did get enough to go sledding yesterday -- that was great. (Not sure if the sozlet liked it or not. Asked her if she was scared when we got to the bottom, and she said "no", but looked a little spooked. Wouldn't own up to it, though; "Was that too fast?" "No, it was very very slow." Rolling Eyes)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:32 pm
HAHA! Cute little kid.
0 Replies

Tim King

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:51 pm
Ummm...littlek, what part of snow in Boston in winter is a surprise? I thought a real winter is what a lot people like about living up your way. I used to love Boston winters -- snow up to my waist, life at a standstill. It was great! Have you thought about moving to a warmer climate? You rarely hear people saying Arrgh! Enough with the beautiful 70 degrees days in San Diego.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:52 pm
lk; this storm hitting you started in California with 3 to 5 inchs of rain, dropped a total of 1 inch of snow in Denver and now is dumping snow by the foot as it goes east. its all totally weird.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 11:20 pm
tim king - the last several winters here have been relatively mild. I DID move to a warmer climate, but decided GA was too warm. Maybe Phillie, eh?

dys - you sure it's not the snow storm coming up from DC?
0 Replies

Tim King

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 11:55 pm
Maybe Phillie, ahhh, no. (He types after just finishing his fourth round of snow shoveling since noon today.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 12:06 am
<sigh>
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 01:01 am
G'day - K

Ain't no snow here - hot and sticky, with a couple of thunderstorms!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 01:12 am
Texas?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:42 am
Got the SealPups here for the long weekend. I'm supposed to get them back home to Arlington (Mass...) this evening/afternoon... and AOL is telling me it's gonna blizzard?!

Why couldn't we have had half of this snow as rain last sumer? Or as snow last winter?

Gah! And cold! I mean, 'k you've seen this pile we bought... no insulation, 100 year old windows, high ceilings and low floors! Heat set at 60 just for special occasions and the bill for January was outrageous!

Arrgh!

think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring think spring
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:49 am
I will just sit here quietly, and hope that you don't all notice the smirk on my face! :wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 09:05 am
Gonna start a think Spring thread. Argh, snow here, too - me brudda called from Maryland yesterday and we were comparing shovelling techniques. My nephew is kind of torn - loves the whole snow thing, but wouldn't've gone to school today, anyway. Tuesday is still touch and go for them, for school.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 09:19 am
Think Spring!
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=108850#108850
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 10:01 am
Well, after 2 feet of snow on Xmas day and with the 2 feet of snow in Jan 3-4, I thought it was enough winter forawhile. Then it snowed every day afterward for about 10 days - an inch here and there. Oh yes...and it was cold ...below freezing for almost 3 weeks...thawed for 3 days..rooof leakeed buckets. Welcome to my brand new apartment in Albany NY.

Then for perversity sake, it went back to below freezing. The last two days were the coldest I've ever seen anywhere--minus 30 with the windchill factored in. It looked like we were only going to get a dusting of 3 inches last night, but now it appears that we will get 7-14 inches here. Welcome to winter in upstate NY. I should have stayed in Boston. LOL!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 10:21 am
I wish there was some way the snow could be distributed a little more evenly. I'm in Oregon and we need it very badly. It has only snowed 3 or 4 times and not enough to even get the snow shovel out. Our water table is down and the farmers are worried about this season's crops.

I think Mother Nature needs to rethink some things.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 11:37 am
Hey ya'll.

It's a blizzard out there today. My bro was supposed to fly to FLA with a change-over in DC - not happening. Poor guy, yesterday he told me he's never wanted to go some place warm as bad as he does now.

SP, I guess you have your summer's work cut out for you. How does one insulate a big old house like that?

Going over to warm up at Jespah's thread....
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 11:41 am
Li'k post some pictures on MF
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 11:47 am
Well here I was thinking I'd get lots of work done today - it being Presidents day and all. Now I am being told to go home (what?). Apparently this blizzard is so bad we have to leave now or be in danger of not getting home? Didn't think it was going to be this bad but if my company tells us to go home (and they NEVER let us go early!!!!) then I am shoving on my snow-boots and hoofing it outta here!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 11:56 am
Too bad you had to work at all today Heeven! Enjoy the time off!

Husker - of the blizzard? I'll try.
0 Replies