What can I do about this dilemma I have?

katya07

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 03:26 pm
I have been trying to find a job that I truly like, I left 2 jobs without having 2 months in them (in one I liked the place, but I hated the ladies section manager, she was way to nasty and had major attitude) and the other was not for me, I just happened to be lucky at that time and got chosen and called in both jobs (A retail one and a pharmacy one).

Now I am working at another retail like marshalls, but I want to be on the sales floor not cashier, I get very anxious and I suck at it, so the supervisor called me to go to the customer service area to train for the register, I happen to get along with the store manager, and I told him about it. but with all honesty I am not willing to work in the cashier I cant stand it. what can I do, so I can just work in the sales floor area? should I explain to the supervisor woman and let her know? she told me that the system evaluates how quick I am and I failed the keep eaching me bu usually just put me on the sales floor to work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,977 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 03:32 pm
@katya07,
You will need to prove that you can handle the sales floor. Maybe ask for extra training, or a mentor to help you.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:24 pm
I'm not clear on this.

You are anxious and suck at being on the sales floor, so that is why they trained you to be a cashier?

If that's what it is, why do you want to be doing something that makes you anxious, and which you do badly?

However, you don't want to be a cashier.

Why not be looking for jobs which don't make you anxious, and which you would do well?

It's bad for you if you're anxious.
It's bad for the business if you're not good at what you do.
katya07

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:39 pm
@chai2,
@chai2 No I am not bad in the sales floor, this is a new job I started 2 days ago, but I suposse they train you in the beginning to work in the cashier, but I HATE the cashier it makes me sweaty, anxious, scared, I just cant, and I dont know what to do!!
chai2

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 05:56 pm
@katya07,
You're supposing they train you in the beginning to be a cashier.

You need to ask if that is what the situation is, and if you will be returned to the sales floor, and when.

If it's just a temporary thing, suck it up and deal with it.
They will see that you are anxious, which will make you apt to make mistakes, which they obviously don't want. Don't start making mistakes on purpose though, or you'll be fired.

They obviously need floor staff to be crossed trained to cashier, for when times are busy (the holidays are upon us), or if someone doesn't come to work.

If they see after you've trained that this is not something you are good at, and make mistakes, they won't want you cashiering.

However, you need to show them when you are on the sales floor that you do an excellent job there.

Otherwise, if you're not good at cashiering, and you're not good on the sales floor, why would they keep you?

You've already left 2 jobs, if you don't want to burn your bridges, tough it out.

No one like everyone, or everything at their place of work.
0 Replies