What types of business opportunities do folks actually want to be called and/or emailed about?

Mon 26 Aug, 2019 10:43 pm
Hi. I am curious. I've tried helping my mother with work-from-home businesses for a number of years. I've helped her by emailing people with info about business opportunities and doing other online work for her. She doesn't know how to use a computer.

She's been involved with a number of work-from-home businesses. She's had little or no success with some of them. A number of people didn't respond to calls or emails.

What types of business opportunities DO folks actually want to be called and/or emailed about? What are they interested in? Please help- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,804 • Replies: 50
Topic Closed

izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 01:01 am
@JGoldman10,
Have you ever been pleased to receive an unsolicited email/phonecall from marketers?

I haven't, and I can't think of a situation where I would welcome one.

Sorry for being of no help.
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 01:52 am
@izzythepush,
That's not answering the question, and you're correct- you're not helping.

What types of business opportunities do YOU actually want to be called and/or emailed about?
izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 02:42 am
@JGoldman10,
None of them, and that's the point, you're trying to market something people don't want.

Answer my question, when was the last time you were pleased to receive such a phone call?

Were you ever pleased?

The standard response would be, 'If this business opportunity is so good why are you telling me about it instead of taking advantage of it yourself?'
cherrie

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:04 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What types of business opportunities do YOU actually want to be called and/or emailed about?

None.
If someone rang or emailed me with a business opportunity I would assume it was a scam, and I'm pretty sure most people would think the same thing.
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:47 am
@izzythepush,
What do people WANT?

You're not answering the question. What kind of business opportunities interest YOU? What kind of work would YOU like to do if someone presented you with a business opportunity?

What kind of work offers would YOU be interested in?

My older sister told me about working as a work-from-home transcriptionist. If someone presented me with info about it and showed me how to make decent money doing this in an email or told me over the phone I would be interested.
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:48 am
@cherrie,
What if they CALLED you on the phone?
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 03:58 am
@izzythepush,
I learned a long time ago that if you are to get involved with any business for employment purposes, you should check them out on the Better Business Bureau's website (BBB.org) and/or on Ripoffreport.com to see if they are legitimate or not.

Does any agency like the BBB exist in your country?

Do you have sites like Ripoffreport.com in the UK?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 04:01 am
@izzythepush,
How do you know you wouldn't want to get involved with any business opportunity to make money of you don't see any presentations and/or watch and/or listen to any testimonials or give any of them a chance?

I don't think people necessarily don't want to get involved in any business opportunity because it isn't something they want. I think some people are just ignorant or lazy. They don't see the value in it.
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 04:04 am
@izzythepush,
I don't think you get what I am saying. There are people who need work and/or need extra income. What kind of business opportunities WOULD THEY LIKE TO TAKE PART IN? WHAT KIND OF WORK WOULD THEY LIKE TO DO FROM HOME?
izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 04:25 am
@JGoldman10,
I don't know, but I imagine they won't be sat there waiting for a phone call, they'll be looking for work online/in papers/at agencies etc.

You're currently looking for work, what business opportunities would you like to take part in? And would you trust an unsolicited phone call about said opportunity?
0 Replies

jespah

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 04:40 am
@JGoldman10,
No, that's not the reason at all.

I don't pick up phone calls from numbers I don't know. Neither do many people I know. There are a lot of scams out there and we are cautious. Scammers have targeted my elderly parents. I've gotten waaaaay too many calls from some thief claiming to be from Microsoft, etc.

I don't want to hear that junk anymore. Neither do many people I know.

And another thing: I really do work from home, and I didn't get my work from someone calling me out of the blue. I got my job by going to Upwork, developing a reputation on cheap work until I had my pick. When I was hired full-time 2 years ago, I had 5 other clients who I had to drop.

All of this came about because--
  • I can write.
  • I'm organized.
  • I'm ambitious.
  • I can hustle.
  • I am creative.
  • I'm honest.
  • I do what my clients asked (and now what my employer asks of me).
  • And I don't just talk; I act.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 05:35 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

That's not answering the question, and you're correct- you're not helping.

Spam is spam. There are

ZERO business opportunities that I and most EVERYONE actually want to be called and/or emailed about.
tsarstepan

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 05:37 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

What if they CALLED you on the phone?

I'd report them to the FCC and related federal agencies that enforce laws against these illegal communications.
JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 05:47 am
@tsarstepan,
WHY are you assuming they are illegal?
I'd ask them what the name of their company is and look them up on BBB.org and/or Ripoffreport.com to see if they are legit or not.
tsarstepan

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 05:48 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

WHY are you assuming they are illegal?
I'd ask them what the name of their company is and look them up on BBB.org and/or Ripoffreport.com to see if they are legit or not.

Because it is illegal. It's a clear and obvious violation of the National Do Not Call Registry.
izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 05:52 am
@tsarstepan,
We have a similar thing over here called the Telephone Preference Service.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 05:59 am
@tsarstepan,
Which one DO people ACTUALLY want to be contacted about?

A number of years ago, my mother got involved with a company that sold GAS PILLS- special pills that prolonged the effectiveness of the gas people put in their cars. THAT sold like hotcakes. My mother told people about that over the phone. People were actually interested in hearing about that.

My mother was involved with a company called "Restart Your Life". They sold health supplements:

http://solutions-4-you.com/ReStart.aspx

These are TWO THINGS people were interested in- GAS PILLS and HEALTH SUPPLEMENTS. People were interested in getting signed up to work for these companies and/or buy their products.

My mother was also involved in a company called PRIMERICA:

http://www.primerica.com/public/

She sold insurance. People are interested in insurance. People were interested in signing up to work for Primerica.

AGAIN, WHAT TYPE OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO BE CALLED AND/OR EMAILED ABOUT?

WHAT PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES ARE PEOPLE INTERESTED IN?

JGoldman10

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 06:03 am
@tsarstepan,
How do you know it's ILLEGAL to email and/or call people about business opportunities? Is it ILLEGAL to cold-call people?

How are companies supposed to get the word out about what they do if they don't call or email people? How are they supposed to make money if they don't recruit people?

You are being ridiculous.
izzythepush

Tue 27 Aug, 2019 06:07 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

A number of years ago, my mother got involved with a company that sold GAS PILLS- special pills that prolonged the effectiveness of the gas people put in their cars. THAT sold like hotcakes. My mother told people about that over the phone. People were actually interested in hearing about that.

And they were most likely being ripped off.

Quote:
While these additives do help in certain situations and with different engines, the additives you should steer clear of are those that claim to improve fuel economy. Even with the best will in the world, the reality is that any savings you make in economy will be more than cancelled out by the price of the fuel additive in the first place.

What's more, independent tests by consumer group Which? have revealed that these supplements don't tend to deliver on their promises of adding oomph to your engine - some can even increase the cost of a petrol refill by 50 per cent! Most of these products claim to increase a fuel’s octane rating (a higher number can make the engine run smoother), but none managed even to equal the rating of premium-grade petrol.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/33200/fuel-additives-are-waste-money