The hard reality of jobs / careers

LH MAM

Reply Mon 3 Oct, 2022 05:18 pm
After several years jumping from one career path to another, searching for a field I'm really interested in, I'm starting to realize all this talk about doing what you love and you'll live almost if you were in a holiday is completely utopic (at least for the vast majority of people).

What I observed is that most people do not like their jobs and, even if they do, the fact you have to give about 1/3 of your everyday to a job makes it stressful and meaningless frequently. Sure, we can find ways to cope with that, build better work environments and find jobs that fits better with our personalities, but in the end what matters is productivity, not well-being or personal growth.

Jobs are paid because no one would do it voluntarily.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,594 • Replies: 1
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2022 11:39 am
@LH MAM,
You need to work towards you\ goals and work smart and not hard. I mean really put in the effort.

The reality your parents are suppose to push you into whatever direction you choose and make that your goal in life. That is how it is suppose to work. Your suppose to find people to call and support you and back you up in that work and your suppose to back them up. That is how it is suppose to be.

When your alone and people are being selfish towards you. That is when things go wrong.

I have professors in college who have their house, their studio for their work, and are able to travel across the globe.

Why not you? You know why? because your too much a coward, your too beautiful to work, save, invest, and more. You want the easy way out like some girl who sleeps with everybody on her job, to get a bit more extra on the side.

My problem in my is that I am surrounded by morons who have no hope at all. They refuse to work with you and rather have friends instead of showing you around, the place and actually bringing you into the circle.
0 Replies