She broke up with me. Finally moving on and it feels good

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 08:11 am
I was so in love with this girl. First person I ever thought about marriage with, kids, wanted to live together, all that good stuff.

Ex broke up with a month ago because she was tired of the arguing. Tried to get back with me 2 weeks later. Turned her away and said I was happy and moved on. I'll admit I told kind of blew up her phone still venting about the breakup. 3 weeks ago I messaged her saying this was hard for me. Anyways had this really hot date set up last night.I snapped a video of my plate of food with the caption 'Argentinian food' and then you could see my date in the video.

A few hours later I get a message from the ex saying it hurts to see that I've moved on but if that's what I want then she loves me enough to be happy for me. Sent her a ?. She said I'm referring to your new date. Told her I'm sorry. Loved you her very much but we just couldn't stop arguing and weren't working. Then sent her another text saying as a precedent it isn't wise for me to say what is or isn't going on in my dating life.

Feels good to finally be moving on and find somewhere to talk about it...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 653 • Replies: 6
No top replies

chai2

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 09:26 am
@dannmann1992,
Moving on does feel good.

Years ago, I had been in a relationship with a man, and the breakup could just never seem to be finalized, admittedly 99% on my part. I just couldn't let go.

Looking back, it was the fear of "What will happen next?"

Then, one day, while resting, I visualized me on a trapeze, swinging back and forth, stuck there.
I knew there was something out there to catch me (as life always does), I was just afraid to let go of what I was hanging on to.

For me, it gave me the courage to let go, figuratively be in the unknown, or nothing, for a bit, then firmly clasp on to the next thing in life.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:13 am
@dannmann1992,
When you don't respond to her or feel you need to explain yourself, you will have finally moved on.

Seems like you two are still playing footsie.

Stop all communications. Block her.

jebrooks1988

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:15 am
@PUNKEY,
Exactly!

Punkey, you're a seasoned vet on here so I'm not sure if you'll agree or not, but I think it's clear he still wants to be with her. Just too immature to be honest with himself.

OP, do you still have her on social media? Still look at snapchat (which she can see that you're looking at)?
dannmann1992

Reply Thu 9 Nov, 2017 10:19 am
@jebrooks1988,
Yea I still have her on social media. I looked at her snapchat last night.
0 Replies

cruzlorenzo

Reply Fri 10 Nov, 2017 06:53 am
@dannmann1992,
Congratulations )
0 Replies

Vanballmoos

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2017 10:09 am
@dannmann1992,
Hold on. Since when has liking and ex picture and trying to make her jealous or hurt her feelings equates to still wanting to be with her?
0 Replies