55 is a pyramidal number - the rainforest, the world and us

teenyboone

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:22 am
I'll repeat that. Kudo's to Afurada! Thanks for the link to get here! Happy Mardi Gras everyone!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 08:20 am
sumac LOL

It was Eve named the babies. Laughing

Hi ya teenie! Welcome to a2k and the rainforest! So good seeing new friends registering and clicking for the rainforest each day.

A note from Seattle. Shoesharper was taken to the hospital with phnemonia - Mr shoesharper began a thread titled "shoesharper" from "in the news" category at the Seattle site. Please send good thoughts and prayers for shoe's speedy recovery. thanks

40 ACRES TODAY!!!!!!!!!! HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 09:13 am
Hi teeny!! Good to hear from you again. Welcome to the save a tree a day world.

40 ACRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three cheers for the akteam...........

Clicked.
0 Replies

afurada

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 03:22 pm
onmystradee...... Click away Ishall, each and every day, you can count on it.

Merry Andrew - never thought of that, a possible (probable? likely?) Sandskrit origin. Gives me goose bumps just thinking about the thrill of tracking that one down!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 05:14 pm
Now I am back, safely reinstalled with a clean install. Still have downloads and reinstalls to do.

Have to create a desktop icon again to click on the rainforest. Will do tonight.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 05:53 pm
afruada, thanks for joining our team of wildclickers!

<wildclickers = everyone registered clicking the link provided at the beginning of each rainforest thread> Also a good idea is clicking the link, then when the page appears, simply add to 'your favorites'. If a2k isn't up and running - you can still connect to the team link.

'onmystradee' very creative wording, btw. <giggling>

sumac, glad hearing your computer reprogrammed and working well.
Good news!

Now all we need are eBeths stats for the day! <hinting>

all clicked
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:10 pm
ehBeth stats for today ~

You and your 282 friends have supported 1,741,438.3 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 61,355.2 square feet.
You have supported: (34,580.0)
Your 282 friends have supported: (26,775.2)

American Prairie habitat supported: 32,932.1 square feet.
You have supported: (9,293.4)
Your 282 friends have supported: (23,638.7)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,647,150.9 square feet.
You have supported: (158,779.9)
Your 282 friends have supported: (1,488,371.0)

1741438.3 Square feet equals 39.9779 Acres

Almost 40 ACRES!
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 06:39 pm
Sreadee, I've had that link among my favorites for a very long time. However, I've recently found that to access the site that way, for some reason, takes an eternity. So I come straight to this thread and -- voilá! -- no probs. The site recognizes my computer and greets me by name no matter which way I go in.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 07:33 pm
Merry, I've not had problems connecting from my favorites, from either Netscape or MSN browsers. When I clicked the link from the abuzz rainforest threads, there was a delay as I recall <and one of the reasons why I added the team link to my favorites>. Clicking from my favorites and straight to the site also, with no registration, click before leaving the house for work each day.

I try visiting a2k's rainforest thread though before leaving for work, plus click at the Animal Rescue site. They also provide a free click for the rainforest, plus there's a click providing food for shelter animals. A good cause.

www.animalrescuesite.com
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 09:03 pm
Yes, it is a good cause, and I just clicked there. Will add that icon to my desktop as well. You just told a friend.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 10:40 pm
Hi sumac,
That's really great you are back on line with a clean install....... I recently had to add all my favorite stuff also. Upgraded to a new computer and just had to get it the way I wanted it. So, I know what you are going through. It isn't easy, but the end result is good.

Stradee,
You are right with the favorites suggestion. I have all the pertinent sites at my finger tips in favorites. It just makes life so much easier. And, these days I like easy.

Hi MA,
I like your new signature. I have a similar saying= I think, therefore I am, I think. grin

afurada,
I am so very glad you are deciding to click with our team. We - including you now - are the Number One team in the world. There are about 4.5 million clickers and thousands of clicking teams and we are still clicking to beat the band. Great team. Most just click and don't say much, but, stick around and you will get to know us better.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 8 Feb, 2005 11:24 pm
sumac, very cool!

Danon, you bet. Life so much easier without complications <huh?>

<grin>

MA, who is "Sreadee"? <silly>

afruada and teenie, thanks for joining the clicking team!

See ya all tomorrow for the wildclickers 40 ACRE celebration!
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 12:12 am
Just wanted to drop by to say hi and to let you know that even though I haven't been around lately, I have been clicking...

Had kind of a scare when I clicked tonight, though...instead of my page telling me what my personal stats were, it had me down to zero clicks and all of my sub-team had zero clicks except under the breast cancer category...It eventually changed back to the correct totals, but we would have lost a lot of square footage if that had stayed that way. I'd also disappeared off of several of the leaderboards during that time which was really kind of nerve wracking, but that eventually corrected itself, too. I haven't been listed on the Rainforest leaderboard for quite a while, but when I disappeared off of the other ones, it caused a bit of concern for me re our team. Anybody else have that happen to them?

Welcome to the Rainforest team, afruada and teenyboone...it's always a pleasure to have new clickers join us!

sumac...

The Native American prayer that you posted a while ago - it has special meaning to me as it was a part of my first wedding ceremony. It's words and meaning are beautiful.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 04:18 am
Stradee wrote:

MA, who is "Sreadee"? <silly>

Stradee, my typos are smi-legendary. <grin and blush simultaneously>
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 05:36 am
Still downloading and reinstalling. Some of them, like Acrobat Adobe Reader, are really long on a dialup. Haven't gotten to reinstalling SP2 yet. Getting there.

Now, let's see if I can reinstall my Documents, Favorites, and Address book from disks to the hard drive. How to do, how to do.

Clicked.
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 06:40 am
Good morning, everyone...we've clicked!

Hi, Merry Andrew!

Good luck with the computer, sumac!

That link you provided is amongst my favorites, Stradee! Have been clicking there for several years, now. Very Happy
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 08:13 am
Oh yes, Steadee, I have in my later years developed the philosophy in planning things to = "Make life easy for myself." It sort of goes along with one of my other philosophies = "90% of any project is in the planning." It is curious though, how Patti claims that I sit around idly a lot. I tell her that I'm planning. It never works. grinnnnn

Matrix, !!!! Hi !!!!
Glad to see ya...... I think it's great you used the prayer in your wedding ceremony.

Morning Mary Andrew.......... grin

sumac,
Our prayers are with you.......

Clickity clicks 'n other tricks..........
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:53 am
G'day all ~

Matrix, good seeing your posts! Hurray for the AnimalRescueSite Smile

Danon, the planning stages of me leaving the house for work today
<grin>

sumac, hang in there! Good thoughts

Merry, yur forgiven <smile> my spelling legendary <eek>

all clicked
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 09:53 am
You know, I like the idea of being a wildclicker, but I would also like to be part of the team. Tried again, but care2.com wouldn't let me. Sigh.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 9 Feb, 2005 03:53 pm
Matrix, where are your teams stats now? As I recall, the last leaderboard stats ehBeth posted at Abuzz, placed your team in 8th place <or higher now (?)>

Congrats Matrix, and all wildclickers!

sumac, you are on the team! I recall you registering when we were still posting at the Rainforest threads at abuzz. Please send ehBeth a message from your Care2 e mail account - or a pm from a2k.

The goal - wheather clicking for a team or individually helps save the world's remaining rainforests. Every click counts! Very Happy
0 Replies