55 is a pyramidal number - the rainforest, the world and us

Stradee

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 07:57 pm
Hoft, Mr. Shoe posted a thread at sb informing us that Shoe was brought to the hospital last Sunday with phnemonia. In intensive care four days, she now faces rehab. How long it lasts, they don't know. Today she asked that Mr Shoe say hello to everyone and Happy Valentine's day.

You'll find the new Showshaper thread "mortality" in the 'Gab Room" forum at sb. <The first "shoesharper" thread located "in the news" category at the forum>

Happy Valentines Day!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 07:58 pm
Stradee wrote:
Thanks Teeny, saw the post from Olen. Glad he received word, <probably from a pm sent by Mr. Shoe> Hope she returns soon - she'll be happy seeing you've registered at sb also. Smile

What is with Marbug?!! Didn't care much for his rants, but when he began the 'kill all americans' thingy - that was way beyond the pale, imo. He's a dark sorta guy, although I hadn't read many of his postings at aimoo, or abuzz. I got upset, the george/god wallpaper went up, and marbug vanished from the scene.

Did you have words with him at aimoo too?

He's not there as far as I know and hope I don't find him! Drunk
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 08:10 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Stradee wrote:
Thanks Teeny, saw the post from Olen. Glad he received word, <probably from a pm sent by Mr. Shoe> Hope she returns soon - she'll be happy seeing you've registered at sb also. Smile

What is with Marbug?!! Didn't care much for his rants, but when he began the 'kill all americans' thingy - that was way beyond the pale, imo. He's a dark sorta guy, although I hadn't read many of his postings at aimoo, or abuzz. I got upset, the george/god wallpaper went up, and marbug vanished from the scene.

Did you have words with him at aimoo too?

He's not there as far as I know and hope I don't find him! Drunk

teeny, marbug just posted a response at waxwings 331 thread.

should I open a bottle of kalua? Shocked
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 08:35 pm
Send me the link and I'll join you.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2005 10:19 pm
the hamsters will have a fit if i post the link here

check PUP's and you'll see waxwings 331 thread

scan the first page and you'll see the posting
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 05:56 pm
Stradee wrote:

scan the first page and you'll see the posting[/quote

I am in PUP 331, 300, 299, etc. I am in A2K, and SeattleBuzz, too.
I saw his posts. He doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. What's your concern over Marburg and ME? Why would the hamsters, as you call them get upset? What gives? If I knew how to post a link, I'd invite them all. It's up to them to click in or not! Can't you include a link in posts here? Is A2K a private club? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 05:58 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Stradee wrote:

scan the first page and you'll see the posting[/quote

I am in PUP 331, 300, 299, etc. I am in A2K, and AUTO SPAM FILTER, too.
I saw his posts. He doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. What's your concern over Marburg and ME? Why would the hamsters, as you call them get upset? What gives? If I knew how to post a link, I'd invite them all. It's up to them to click in or not! Can't you include a link in posts here? Is A2K a private club? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes[/quote]
Auto Spam Filter, left out SB, (spelled out the complete word), Seattle
Buzz.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 06:47 pm
I saw his posts. He doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. What's your concern over Marburg and ME? Why would the hamsters, as you call them get upset? What gives? If I knew how to post a link, I'd invite them all. It's up to them to click in or not! Can't you include a link in posts here? Is A2K a private club?

Teeny, when you post a message at a2k - the page that lets you know the posting was entered is where the 'hamsters' live. Read the page next posting.

marbug doesn't bother me either. Was asking because you said you had run-in with him is all.

a2k doesn't allow a link from another forum site such as sb or aimoo. Don't ask me why - that's the way it is.

I'll post the link to aimoo and see what happens.

www.aimoo.com
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2005 06:51 pm
Teeny, well there ya go. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 04:22 pm
Stradee wrote:
Teeny, well there ya go. Rolling Eyes

I just posted in 56. Didn't put the thread there, just told everyone to go to Seattle Buzz, look for the missing SB members thread. go to the very last page and Corrie has the thread in her last post, if anyone is interested.
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 04:39 pm
Stradee wrote:
Can't you include a link in posts here? Is A2K a private club?

You may recall that when this forum was started, a couple of Abuzzers - two in particular who post at westcoastBuzz - complained bitterly that this forum would lead to the end of Abuzz. Abuzz died for its own reasons, but in the meantime, links between Abuzz, westcoastBuzz, Buzzards and this forum were disabled by the designers here. They did what they could to minimize the reasons for the fussing, but I guess it's not always possible to please people.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 06:23 pm
Very nice gesture, Teeny. Thank you.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2005 11:14 pm
Harumph!!!!
0 Replies

wordworker

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 04:49 pm
Hey Sumac...Whatcha "harrumphing" at?? Nevermind, I can guess. Nice to post after you. Love your dolphin in silhouette every time I see it.

Hellllloooo to all the Rainforest Folks from a working/wandering/WildClicker.

wordworker :-)
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 27 Feb, 2005 05:14 pm
Stradee wrote:
I saw his posts. He doesn't bother me and I don't bother him. What's your concern over Marburg and ME? Why would the hamsters, as you call them get upset? What gives? If I knew how to post a link, I'd invite them all. It's up to them to click in or not! Can't you include a link in posts here? Is A2K a private club?

Teeny, when you post a message at a2k - the page that lets you know the posting was entered is where the 'hamsters' live. Read the page next posting.

marbug doesn't bother me either. Was asking because you said you had run-in with him is all.

a2k doesn't allow a link from another forum site such as sb or aimoo. Don't ask me why - that's the way it is.

I'll post the link to aimoo and see what happens.

www.AUTO SPAM FILTER

Stradee:
I did have a run in with him over using an expletive. He called the Iraquis "Sand N-word". I had heard it before during Gulf War 1. He also called Mexicans "wet backs". God I hate that word. The Mexicans have been here as long as Native Americans. Our side of the Rio Grande is America or better, the US. While he wasn't talkng to me specifically, I took it as a slap in my face, because I am Black and was raised right where he is, in New Orleans, during the 50's when everything was separate and unequal. No matter how old I get, I'll be sensitive to that word. He left the threads or wasn't posting, now, he's back and you can't shut him up! In the sb threads, some posters call A 2 K, the snob forum. I needn't have to say who said that. Mystery meat! I was lectured to by a poster that there are no bigots in Aimoo. Okay! Sounded like one to me! end of story. I was trying to avoid any dealing with this person but he's plugging away over in Aimoo. Every other post I type, he's there. As long as he leaves the racial epithets out, I'll be okay. Thanks for caring,
Teeny Cool
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 04:13 pm
Sorry about that, teeny. NAsty guy, it sounds like.

About time you returned, wordworker. Come join us on#56.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 04:45 pm
sumac wrote:
Sorry about that, teeny. NAsty guy, it sounds like.

About time you returned, wordworker. Come join us on#56.

Nice of you to be concerned. It's very much appreciated.
Thanks! Cool
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Mon 28 Feb, 2005 11:24 pm
Teeny I remember that day attempting to ignore the racial slurs and rantings of marbug. Lets just say he has a "special' way of expressing his 'feelings' about America.

jeese, nasty guy...
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 08:39 am
Stradee wrote:
Teeny I remember that day attempting to ignore the racial slurs and rantings of marbug. Lets just say he has a "special' way of expressing his 'feelings' about America.

jeese, nasty guy...

The statement made there are no bigots in the aimoo threads got to me. It was a private email and I'm telling you, I was surprised at who sent it. The person is either very naive or ignoring that we ALL have some predjudices whether they be people, food dislikes, places they'd never go, racial groups, built-in assumptions or whatever. You may like seafood but I prefer meat dishes, get it? It's there! I'm a scotch drinker but I know lots of people who prefer beer! See what I mean? You don't however, have to let your slip show, if you get my drift. I wouldn't call any racial group a racial slur because as de-sensitized as some of us are, it's just not right! I've worked with just about every nationality in the world due to my employment in a think tank, similar to MIT. I was utterly fascinated at the assumptions THEY had of US! Picture that! They think Americans in general are rich! Think we are big-headed, have greater expectations, assume we are the BEST and not racially, that we have a superiority complex and that everyone else should be like US! Then you have natives, depending on which region you hail from, who are predesposed to thinking like our friend, which is wrong! It's not okay to label any race or religious group, but this country does a poor job advocating this. They say one thing, then practice another, oh well, time to click!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 2 Mar, 2005 09:37 am
You got it, teeny. Stereotypes, just plain ignorance, lazy thinking, hypocracy, and lots of other things; exist all over the place.

Come join us on the current thread, #56.
0 Replies