Stradee

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 09:25 pm
heeeehawwww

http://p.webshots.com/ProThumbs/62/46762_wallpaper280.jpg
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:10 pm
A bit of trivia=

The meaning of the letters SS on the grill of the green Chebby.
== ((((Super Sport)))) ((((Had to return with the OTHER SS = from WWII = Schutz Staffel. Meaning literally Protection Force - or Hitler's private army))))

The popular name for the type racing car in Stradee's post
==((((Rail Job))))

YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! 40 acres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Thu 10 Feb, 2005 10:28 pm
Danon, LOL

The Chebby Super Sport passed the 40 ACRE mark yesterday!

My photo = TOP FUEL

the race toward 50 ACRES!

VAAARRROOOM VAAARRROOM VAAARRROOOM
0 Replies

Matrix500

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 04:55 am
Hi, everyone...We've clicked!
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 08:32 am
Doing the Quarter Mile in 3 seconds!!!

That's fast..........

Really clicking along.........
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:53 am
G'day wildclickers!!!!!!!!!

all clicked
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 02:21 pm
The origins of Valentine's Day trace back to the ancient Roman celebration of Lupercalia. Held on February 15, Lupercalia honored the gods Lupercus and Faunus, as well as the legendary founders of Rome, Romulus and Remus.

In addition to a bountiful feast, Lupercalia festivities are purported to have included the pairing of young women and men. Men would draw women's names from a box, and each couple would be paired until next year's celebration.

While this pairing of couples set the tone for today's holiday, it wasn't called "Valentine's Day" until a priest named Valentine came along. Valentine, a romantic at heart, disobeyed Emperor Claudius II's decree that soldiers remain bachelors. Claudius handed down this decree believing that soldiers would be distracted and unable to concentrate on fighting if they were married or engaged. Valentine defied the emperor and secretly performed marriage ceremonies. As a result of his defiance, Valentine was put to death on February 14.

After Valentine's death, he was named a saint. As Christianity spread through Rome, the priests moved Lupercalia from February 15 to February 14 and renamed it St. Valentine's Day to honor Saint Valentine.

What's Cupid Got to Do with It?

According to Roman mythology, Cupid was the son of Venus, the goddess of love and beauty. Cupid was known to cause people to fall in love by shooting them with his magical arrows. But Cupid didn't just cause others to fall in love - he himself fell deeply in love.

As legend has it, Cupid fell in love with a mortal maiden named Psyche. Cupid married Psyche, but Venus, jealous of Psyche's beauty, forbade her daughter-in-law to look at Cupid. Psyche, of course, couldn't resist temptation and sneaked a peek at her handsome husband. As punishment, Venus demanded that she perform three hard tasks, the last of which caused Psyche's death.

Cupid brought Psyche back to life and the gods, moved by their love, granted Pysche immortality. Cupid thus represents the heart and Psyche the (struggles of the) human soul.

Fun Facts

* Approximately 1 billion Valentine's Day cards are sent each year. Half of those are sent through Care2 (OK, maybe not HALF... or even half of half... but we are growing fast!)

* In order of popularity, Valentine's Day cards are given to: teachers, children, mothers, wives, sweethearts, Koko the gorilla.

* The expression "wearing your heart on your sleeve" comes from a Valentine's Day party tradition. Young women would write their names on slips of paper to be drawn by young men. A man would then wear a woman's name on his sleeve to claim her as his valentine.
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 07:14 pm
sumac,
That's so good of you to post...... I am so interested in these kinds of things.

THANKS!!!!!!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 09:40 pm
Interesting stuff, isn't it?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:53 pm
You and your 282 friends have supported 1,746,238.1 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 61,823.5 square feet.
You have supported: (34,626.8)
Your 282 friends have supported: (27,196.7)

American Prairie habitat supported: 32,955.5 square feet.
You have supported: (9,293.4)
Your 282 friends have supported: (23,662.1)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,651,459.0 square feet.
You have supported: (158,826.7)
Your 282 friends have supported: (1,492,632.3)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Feb, 2005 10:53 pm
1 Aktbird57 .. 40.084 acres
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:23 am
You and your 282 friends have supported 1,747,268.3 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 61,987.4 square feet.
You have supported: (34,650.2)
Your 282 friends have supported: (27,337.2)

American Prairie habitat supported: 32,955.5 square feet.
You have supported: (9,293.4)
Your 282 friends have supported: (23,662.1)

Rainforest habitat supported: 1,652,325.3 square feet.
You have supported: (158,826.7)
Your 282 friends have supported: (1,493,498.6)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 08:28 am
1 Aktbird57 .. 40.089 acres

<actually a bit higher as i'm looking before the hourly update>

and off we go to a new thread[/size][/color]

56 steps ....[/size][/color]
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 05:34 pm
Embarrassed I hope you hear something about Shoe too. Maggie is one crazy woman! Check out the wallpaper she uses at Aimoo. During the election, she had donkeys and elephants running through. Her avatars are off the wall, too. I howl with laughter at some of the ones she uses. Right now she has a giant happy frog, subject to change any minute! It's worth it just to check out her avatars. Aimoo posters also put up strange photos of really eerie men. I wouldn't want to meet one of them in the dark! I'd probably knock him cold, trying to get out of his way! The Seattle Buzz group are nice too, but of all of the blogs, Aimoo is my favorite. So pick your flavor. You'll meet some nice and some not so nice folks there.
Happy trails! Mr. Green Teeny
Stradee wrote:
Not to worry teeny - the hamsters run rabid at the thought of another forum site. We've become accustomed to the large printed letters of protest from the rascals. LOL

Registered at my family forum also, but can't figure how to transfer photos to the site. I've managed posting a few comments and howdies, though. Maybe i'll re-register with one of my two forum names, so people will know who the hecks saying "hi".

Mr Shoesharper hasn't posted since he started the seattle thread. Just isn't the same without shoes responses and threads. It's been a few days since Shoe was admitted to hospital. Hope to God she returns real soon. Wow, teeny - take good care! Phnemonia twice in one year!
Jeese, that must've been terrible!

Well, its good seeing your posts here at the rainforest thread. Today, I'll give Mags a holler at aimoo and ask her to drop by and say hi to her old friends also.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 05:54 pm
teenyboone - click on the orange 56 steps in the post above yours and you'll find the newest rainforest thread

skip twirl
skip twirl

skipping and twirling and hoping teenyboone will follow us to the 56th rainforest thread
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 12 Feb, 2005 06:42 pm
Teeny, yep! The wallpaper for the "arguing" thread hilarious! How can anyone stay upset with george and god staring at ya from the monitor screen! And where does she find those avatars? Laughing Will see ya at aimoo and I sure hope Mags drops by the rainforest thread also.

Posted another question for Mr. Shoe, but haven't received an answer. Last Sunday was when Shoe was brought to hospital. I hope her condition hasn't worsened. Has anyone hear heard any news about Shoe? Matrix?

Here's the link to eBeths new thread! <#56> The intro super, plus there are also new photos!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1175600#1175600
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 09:44 pm
Received a message that Mrs. Shoe is in the hospital, doing okay, but won't be posting in SB threads for a while, so keep praying. Embarrassed
I'm still rasping some days, can't seem to shake it. Medicine is wonderful, though.
Stradee wrote:
Not to worry teeny - the hamsters run rabid at the thought of another forum site. We've become accustomed to the large printed letters of protest from the rascals. LOL

Registered at my family forum also, but can't figure how to transfer photos to the site. I've managed posting a few comments and howdies, though. Maybe i'll re-register with one of my two forum names, so people will know who the hecks saying "hi".

Mr Shoesharper hasn't posted since he started the seattle thread. Just isn't the same without shoes responses and threads. It's been a few days since Shoe was admitted to hospital. Hope to God she returns real soon. Wow, teeny - take good care! Phnemonia twice in one year!
Jeese, that must've been terrible!

Well, its good seeing your posts here at the rainforest thread. Today, I'll give Mags a holler at aimoo and ask her to drop by and say hi to her old friends also.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 09:49 pm
I have no idea! She is just full of surprises. They keep it quite lively over there, huh? Thread 327, I told Marburg off. He was there calling names and hatin' America, like MOVE already! Man, he gets invited, then, he rants the whole while. He was using these dark images as avatars, spooky and eerie! Wonder what he's like in real life? I'm truing to move on to more civilized groups. I'm getting too old for arenalin rushes. :wink:
Stradee wrote:
Teeny, yep! The wallpaper for the "arguing" thread hilarious! How can anyone stay upset with george and god staring at ya from the monitor screen! And where does she find those avatars? Laughing Will see ya at aimoo and I sure hope Mags drops by the rainforest thread also.

Posted another question for Mr. Shoe, but haven't received an answer. Last Sunday was when Shoe was brought to hospital. I hope her condition hasn't worsened. Has anyone hear heard any news about Shoe? Matrix?

Here's the link to eBeths new thread! <#56> The intro super, plus there are also new photos!

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1175600#1175600
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sun 13 Feb, 2005 10:13 pm
Thanks Teeny, saw the post from Olen. Glad he received word, <probably from a pm sent by Mr. Shoe> Hope she returns soon - she'll be happy seeing you've registered at sb also. Smile

What is with Marbug?!! Didn't care much for his rants, but when he began the 'kill all americans' thingy - that was way beyond the pale, imo. He's a dark sorta guy, although I hadn't read many of his postings at aimoo, or abuzz. I got upset, the george/god wallpaper went up, and marbug vanished from the scene.

Did you have words with him at aimoo too?
0 Replies

HofT

Reply Mon 14 Feb, 2005 10:43 am
Shoe is ill? Please add my best wishes to any messages - haven't looked in this site at all, and can only post from computers at airports and such while the new firewall is on for the project I'm working on now.

40 acres!!!! Great news, hope to read details when I can follow you to next thread. If anybody's looking for Marburg - yesterday I logged on to the a-times forum and he seems to be posting there under another name.
0 Replies