Evolutionry/religious nonsense

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 07:11 am
@Setanta,
Right, right, with enough time, anything can happen.

I'm just gobsmacked that NYC or London wasn't here sooner. I mean ****, all the ingredients were here, why the hell did it wait for us to build them? Damn that Evolution, DKS or whatever your favorite theory is. Earth's 4,5oo,000,000 years is 180 times longer than the Cambrian; that ought to be plenty long enough for them to occur naturally. Nothing counterintuitive about it!
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 07:21 am
@Leadfoot,
now theres an argument,Ive not heard before. Wonder why??
OH YEH, cause its really dim
Leadfoot

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 07:24 am
Some people will never be convinced by the brilliance of Set's insight that Time is a magic ingredient.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 08:54 am
@Leadfoot,
We can eliminate time by computer simulation. Has not been done yet.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 10:49 am
@farmerman,
Considering the fact that homo sapiens are late-comers to this planet.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 01:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Considering the fact that homosapiens are late comers to this planet.
And so far the only complex changes to the planet since the Homo sapiens appeared, has been done by humans or some complex ancient system with unknown origins like natural evolution. And to be clear, I believe in natural evolution. I don’t believe it popped into existence without an author and a builder that understood each other.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 01:53 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
natural evolution
Thank you for my laugh for today.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 02:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You can laugh all you want. But to understand the truth you have to ask the right questions. And then you have to accept the anwers. Complete Refusal to ask and accept, with no other possibilities, is a guarantee that you won't understand the truth.

You and the farmer love to ask how the system is running and then tell us how Smart you are because you understand how it is running. That is like looking at a computer program and understanding how it works while it's running . It is a greater challenge to figure out how the programmer thought of the program.

To most people understanding the program is good enough. But in reality our goal in life is to understand the programmer. Believing a programmer might exist is a start.
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 02:33 pm
@brianjakub,
my position comes from over 40 years as professional. i meet tons of internet experts whove figured it all out but cant provide one piece of evidence other than denial about science.
Give me one example of where ID has been shown to have a practical application??
brianjakub

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 03:17 pm
@farmerman,
Well before Christianity survival of the fittest was the law of the land. Our constitution was the first to guaranteed freedom of belief an expression to all citizens .

There has to be a particle structure to empty space and the space inside of matter for gravity, the nuclear forces and the constants of physics to exist. That amount of order cannot come into existence by an unguided explosion called a big bang.

Your position will never physically explain the previous phenoma. Until science quits Barking up the wrong tree they will not get the correct answer .
farmerman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 03:32 pm
@brianjakub,
still no response from you, just astrological platitudes.

When you get around to providing something concrete , lemme know.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 04:20 pm
@brianjakub,
I don't know about the "big bang," but it's all based on nature. It's the natural outcome of what existed within the environment in which they evolved.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 06:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You don't get the laws of physics and enviroments from an explosion. You don't have to know a lot about the big bang to know that big bangs don't cause order. When was the last time you saw on explosion cause order?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 07:36 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
We can eliminate time by computer simulation.

I made the silly suggestion of applying math to the problem but that was roundly rejected. Apparently Neo-Darwinists think computers are not capable of dealing with such huge numbers.

I think it must have been the influence of watching Sagan or Tyson pronounce "Billions and Billions" on TV. The gravity with which they say it makes it sound like those numbers are just unfathomable and can explain anything. Even proves there is life on other planets without any evidence of it. Which is weird seeing as how they go on and on about how evidence is so important to them at other times.
Setanta

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2018 08:51 pm
Some people will never accept any answer which doesn't include their magic sky daddy. Idiotic remarks about London and New York are false analogies, because the situation of the rise of human civilization is not analogous to the inexorable results of natural selection.

Keep whistlin' past the graveyard, Bubba.
farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 05:04 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Even proves there is life on other planets without any evidence of it. Which is weird seeing as how they go on and on about how evidence is so important to them at other times.
Noone has stated that there "Is" life on othr planets at all. The search has focused on planets that
1.are rocky nd not too large

2Contain liquid water and a spectral signal of an atmosphere

3 sit in a comfort zone with their suns.

Then, with all these conditions assembled scientists have said that conditions are such that there MAY BE life. Its a hypothesis not a theory(therefore a fact). The only real Evidence is their similitude with earth.

I think its quite reasonable science an not astrology that the IDers seem to dwell in.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 05:08 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I made the silly suggestion of applying math to the problem but that was roundly rejected.

Modelling is a tool often used to evaluate cladistics and events in geological time. I dont know who would run from mathemtaics if it could be useful. You like to stretch the truth ALOT, dont you?
Leadfoot

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 06:24 am
@farmerman,
No. Really, we're done.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 08:06 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Some people will never accept any answer which doesn't include their magic sky daddy. Idiotic remarks about London and New York are false analogies, because the situation of the rise of human civilization is not analogous to the inexorable results of natural selection
Nobody is arguing the results of natural selection. It is a very complex system running inside a very complex chemical and quantum mechanical system that in turn is determining the system we observe as embedded layers of biospheres. Very successful in getting us here and is still working.

I have a hard time believing that all those layers of complexity came into existence from an initial explosion caused by gravity called the big bang (and we don't even know what causes gravity so how do know it even existed before there was matter before the big bang? Sounds like a leap of faith.)

Natural selection is a system built up of thousands of interacting systems that are really doing there job. We all agree.

Are you saying that if I blow a universe up enough times eventually I will get this same universe we live in with a bunch of physical properties and laws that nobody can explain why the even exist (though understanding them is necessary for understanding the creation of matter since gravity is the key component in creating it) like, gravity, the fine structure constant, the strong nuclear force, the weak electromagnetic force, the origin of matter, the origin of life, the origin of intelligence, diversity of life. etc. . .

Or I can observe the pattern I see today that all new complexity introduced into the universe like cities and civilization came about by human intelligence (which we are now using to write algorithms that organize complexity in computers for us) or it is coming about by a complex algorithm we call natural selection, that if the pattern of all algorithms being created today is followed into the ancient past, had an ancient author of greater intelligence and scope of influence than us.

Why do you think we have gravity and the laws and the constants of physics? What causes them to be what they are? How did the systems that they naturally arise out of come into existence.

I think we have a better chance of observing a group of spider monkeys lucking out and accidentally building a city with automobiles. (given enough time. Lets run a computer simulation to speed it up)
brianjakub

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2018 08:11 am
@brianjakub,
I like your name Sky daddy by the way. Much better than Spaghetti Monster. Very descriptive and better matches the evidence we now have of his existence.
0 Replies