Evolutionry/religious nonsense

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 07:16 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They are good at ignoring obvious contradictions in the Bible

And you are good at ignoring the answers when I point out the solution to your invented contradiction.

It's either projection, hypocracy or both.
Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 07:52 am
Is it only hypocrites who can't spell hypocrisy?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:31 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
And you are good at ignoring the answers when I point out the solution to your invented contradiction.
They're not my invention. Your answers never directly answers the contradictions. Here, give some of these a try: Theological doctrines:

1. God is satisfied with his works
Gen 1:31
God is dissatisfied with his works.
Gen 6:6
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48 https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Acts%207%3A48
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness https://www.biblestudytools.com/1-timothy/6-16.html
coluber2001

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 12:47 pm
It is futile to attempt to express religion through science. It's like trying to express art scientifically, it can analyzed to a certain extent, but it misses the point, doesn't it? I mean you can analyze music all day, but what's the point? Eventually you have to just shut up and listen to it.

Religion is best expressed through art, and that has been the major function of art in many cultures, past and present, to express religion, the ineffable.

Historically, the effect of the patriarchy on religious mind has been destructive. What passes for religious mind in organized religion is merely a defense mechanism. As Carl Jung said, "Religion [organized] is a defence against the experience of God".
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 01:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI, CI, CI.

You claim so many contradictions, yet none of them hold up to scrutiny.
Remember ‘thou shall not kill?’ This was one of your ‘go to’ contradictions. Now you know it’s thou shall not murder, right?
There are answers to these Alleged contradictions. You just need to seek the truth, the answer.

A 30second goggle search would have answered each one of your claims.
30seconds, that’s it. Just 30.

Jeremiah 29:13 ‘those who seek the truth will find it’
You see, yet again you have demonstrated the problem is not with your siblings, christians in general, or biblical scripture....it is your lack of care for facts, for truth. It seems your heart is not in the right place to desire truth. Seems this is the difference between yourself and your siblings. Not that you are being rational and they just caught up in some crazy religion. Maybe it’s the other way around? Wink wink* evolutionism*

http://defendinginerrancy.com/bible-solutions/2_Chronicles_7.12ff.php

To answer your chronicles contradiction claim.
Btw, that website has hundreds of explanations on how ppl like yourself are misinterpreting Biblical scripture.

As for the others, and for the mannnny more you can and will find, just google it😉

0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2019 08:03 pm
@coluber2001,
Quote:
Religion is best expressed through art
There don't seem to be many clergy artists. And so many always want to talk about it when it comes to people 'new' to their religion.

Perhaps given below, you are trying to redefine religion?

Quote:
What passes for religious mind in organized religion is merely a defense mechanism
This is very problematic. You are not only attempting to define religion for 99.9% of people, but you are also giving a very vague 'defense mechinism' defense, apparently for the nonsense that goes on, without ever naming the actions that constitute the 'defense' and also without ever naming what 'nonsense' you are referring to.

Sounds great, until you try to think how it would apply to specifics.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 08:33 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
They're not my invention. Your answers never directly answers the contradictions. Here, give some of these a try: Theological doctrines:

OK, let's see what you got.

Quote:
Oh for ****'s sake man, have you never attempted anything significant and experienced both of those emotions? Where is the contradiction? Have you invented some law that God is not allowed to experience the same emotions you do? We are said to be made similarly to him, so why should it be different?

Quote:
2. God dwells in chosen temples
2 Chron 7:12,16
God dwells not in temples
Acts 7:48 https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Acts%207%3A48

So God dwells in the temples he chooses and not in the others. Again, where is the contradiction?

(the actual 'contradiction' is actually a completely different matter but I'm answering this as asked)

Quote:
3. God dwells in light
Tim 6:16
God dwells in darkness https://www.biblestudytools.com/1-timothy/6-16.html

This is like debating a young child, not an 85 year old. But even a child should have heard that God is said to be everywhere. Again, no contradiction.

Do you have counter arguments?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 12:50 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
Quote:
Oh for ****'s sake man, have you never attempted anything significant and experienced both of those emotions? Where is the contradiction? Have you invented some law that God is not allowed to experience the same emotions you do? We are said to be made similarly to him, so why should it be different?
. That doesn't pass the laugh test. A contradiction is a contradiction, not a topic of rationalizing the obvious. It's called logic in some circles. Either he's satisfied or dissatisfied; not both. Besides all that, your god is a myth; a contradictory one created by man as were all other gods.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 02:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Either he's satisfied or dissatisfied; not both. Besides all that, your god is a myth; a contradictory one created by man as were all other gods.

You call this Logic?
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
I think you have logic confused with assertion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 06:59 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
You call this Logic?
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
I think you have logic confused with assertion.
You cannot be both satisfied and dissatisfied at the same time on the same thing. You must be one or the other, or "I'm not sure." It may surprise you to learn that I studied philosophy and logic in college.
laughoutlood

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2019 08:08 pm
CONSPIRACY ALERT

Atheists are inventing contradictions in the holiest of holy books but it's clear that they cannot forsake the fulminations of the faithful few.

Like a mighty army
moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading
where the saints have trod;
We are not divided;
all one body we,
One in hope and doctrine,
none in clarity.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 12:04 am
@laughoutlood,
Thou shalt not kill, but "go to war."
glitterbag

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 01:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
Yep, it's a sort of "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition"

Unfortunately, some 'believers' are incredibly intolerant when it comes to what others believe or don't believe. There is nothing wrong with your thinking CI, you don't need to provide an argument to satisfy any of the Jesus freaks...you were been raised in a religious home, you question the beliefs, (hell so do I) and that's your absolute right. Just like its OK for others to believe in God or Gods or anything else, you are not interfering with their freedom of religion. Ergo, They don't get to interfere with your or my freedom from religion.

By the way, which one of those intolerants said they thought they were dealing with a child, not an 85 year old? Whoever that was, put them on ignore...that was so outrageous...Let me warn you intolerants, don't look now, but there are pimply faced 19 year olds boys who call you grandpa and snicker behind your back and to your face.

Anyway, CI, you can't reason with closed minds....so, don't bother.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 05:34 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote: ‘You cannot be both satisfied and dissatisfied at the same time on the same thing’
He was satisfied at the original creation, as one should have been, but because mankind choose to screw things up, he was saddened,(much LATER, not at the same time lol. About 1,600 years AFTEr)
absolutely zero contradiction....and yet....there it is.

Quote:’ thou shall not kill, but ‘go to war.’

Amazing! We have explained this and yet....there it is! (Thou shall not murder btw )
No matter how much logic and fact are used with religious extremists who embrace atheism/evolutionism it does not matter! Incredible.

Although I used to be an atheist/evolutionist I had the HEart to change, I did not resist logic and truth like these examples!

Incredible! I love the psychology here! Love it!

This is why I never expect to convince anyone (I hope ppl will embrace the facts of course, and seek truth) but simply use ppl as leverage to increase my knowledge of truth fully expecting them to ‘trample pearls of truth under their feet’ like oblivious pigs would do.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible how God has created mankind to deny his maker! Awesome. I stand in awe.

Oh, the sinful mind of mankind!!!
0 Replies

Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 05:52 am
https://biblehub.com/romans/1-21.htm
Romans 1:20-23
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.

and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

........Gave them over to sinful minds and hearts desires is key here. So sad, yet so true.

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 10:15 am
@Helloandgoodbye,
severe lack of any proof there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 11:55 am
@glitterbag,
Thank you, glitterbag. Not for my sake, but for all those who are still questioning their religion and god(s). I understand those who believe in god, because all my siblings are christians. I just could not rationalize all the contradictions in their teachings, and what science has taught us about our environment, and the life of our planet. A 2000 year old book which left out many 'chapters' of different age and men seems too subjective of a composition with so many errors, omissions and contradictions. A "word of god" should be without those mistakes. The biggest of them being the age of earth. How could men in the Middle East living in isolation from the rest of the world know of other continents and cultures with different religions and language? They didn't have the science to understand how Homo sapiens evolved from primates. We now have the evidence.
Leadfoot

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 12:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You cannot be both satisfied and dissatisfied at the same time on the same thing. You must be one or the other, or "I'm not sure."

Well, at least you tried, Set could only come up with spelling errors. But as should have been obvious and already pointed out, The dissatisfaction was at very different times and very different things, so no contradiction.

Quote:
It may surprise you to learn that I studied philosophy and logic in college.
I would be astounded, given your terribly weak arguments. You must have slept through class or forgotten everything you learned there.
Helloandgoodbye

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 02:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:’A 2000 year old book which left out many 'chapters' of different age and men seems too subjective of a composition with so many errors, omissions and contradictions. A "word of god" should be without those mistakes.
The biggest of them being the age of earth’

It is actually 66 books, not one. 3500 years ago the first pages were recorded with a 1,500 year span through history, finishing apx 2,000yrs ago.
But again, 30 seconds of research could reveal where you have gone wrong. Again demonstrating your Heart is in the wrong position, causing your Head to all sorts of wrong conclusions. (Like evolutionism too)

Well, at least we can agree that it should not contain contradictions, something I looked for for years during my days when I was caught up in evolutionism as my religious position, and still looking.

Hope u seek truth even tho u keep preaching ‘science’ tells us life can be created from non-life, 😳‘science’ tells us monkeys turned into ppl, 😳and ‘science’ tells us the age of the earth 😳etc.
Science tells us nothing of the sort.
Just faith in the unintelligent God of time and chance which can create life (like bacteria), just ppls terrible interpretations of fossils, dating techniques full of lame assumptions, and religious positions.

0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2019 03:13 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
I would be astounded ...

Astound us all, regale us with your tales of meeting god once or thrice, what he said to you, the whole shebang.

It's your proof.