Evolutionry/religious nonsense

jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 12:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:

Remember? You were discussing disorder having the highest degree of energy and I inserted life (order) having a high degree of energy?
I know that you are quite wrong with that attribution. My first comment re "energy" was several years ago stating that the living state exists against all chemical gradients and while alive does not support the second law of thermodynamics. Ive said that for years and had at least two years ago had that discussion with Leadfoot. (Unless you are he and think a bit opposite to him,)

Ok.. I won't quibble about the origin as long as it's agreed "life flows against entropy (disorder.)"
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 12:47 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Getting a cold reminds me to ask the board what was the ID anagenetic purpose that our simian ancestors lost active end of the terminal gene GULO , which now means we have to eat lot of expensive Cara Cara oranges in order to get our Vitamin C.
Dont get me started on Vitamin D.

So god works in mysterious ways eh?

mAYBE we were related to bats back in theCretaceous cause they lost the ability to synthesize Vitamin C

To get rid of a cold.. high dose ascorbic acid (20,000 mg/day for 7 days) taken up to bowel tolerance (2,000 mg/hr.) If you're susceptible to illness it's generally an indication of improper diet.
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 06:19 pm
@jerlands,
you do know that we lost the ability to synthesize vitamin C andD, yet we retain the genes that do so as pseudogenes?

what was god thinking about? did he wnt us to hybridize oranges? Why did bats lose the same ability?
jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 07:48 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

you do know that we lost the ability to synthesize vitamin C andD, yet we retain the genes that do so as pseudogenes?

what was god thinking about? did he wnt us to hybridize oranges? Why did bats lose the same ability?

Vitamin D is synthesised in the human body which is why good amounts of sunlight is recommended.

Why the ability to synthesis vitamin C was lost to many mammals most likely had to do with the availability from their diet.
As far as what was "God" thinking... it might be best to understand completely what "God" is then start making that inquiry.

jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
Dr. Mercola Interviews James Carroll on the Benefits of Photobiomodulation

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 08:08 pm
@farmerman,
What's interesting is the loss of body hair and how sunlight is beneficial to health.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 09:29 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
Why the ability to synthesis vitamin C was lost to many mammals most likely had to do with the availability from their diet.
you , like jake, seem to miss the obvious points

doesnt seem anagenetic does it?? ID has always been described as the IDer has made us better and better.Doesnt seem to be true .
jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 10:07 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Quote:
you , like jake, seem to miss the obvious points

doesnt seem anagenetic does it?? ID has always been described as the IDer has made us better and better.Doesnt seem to be true .

I don't know about that.. do humans still have genes for a tail?
jerlands

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 10:11 pm
@farmerman,
Basically what you're saying is since there is no proven or obvious role for the retention of certain genes they're junk and don't belong?
farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 04:05 am
@jerlands,
No, what the evidence shows is that a specific genes REMAIN there, it was TURNED OFF in all of hominid and hominin species at some during evolutions past. YET the gene , now a pseudogene, remains in Hominid and hominin genomes .

Evolution is full of similar and stronger examples , like the genes for a chickens TEETH remain on a chickens genome as a pseudogene, retaining some evidence that a chickens ancestors were reptiles. Also, the dam trapped cichlid fish of the Connecticut River that have evolved into new forms in only 350 yers, retain a number of pseudogenes from their parent types (Species that still exist and can be studied and compared to the evolved forms). What many of you who lean on ID need to explain is what the hell does ID have to do with evolution of the loss of vitamin synthesis or the evolution of fish that had been "reproductively isolated" from their parent species in the same river.

Science cant predict a species future but it can, quite often, use its tools to hammer out a species past, much of which appears to be just adaptive to some environmental change. I submit that this hardly seems to evidence ID. In fact, quite the opposite. It shows that natural selection of a bunch of genotypes in a species, is pretty much matched up to the environmental change that caused it.

The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to us.

farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 04:39 am
@jerlands,
Quote:
I don't know about that.. do humans still have genes for a tail?
YES. You should look up the number and names of the genes which control the existence and the expression of a tail (A feature that great apes have lost yet the genes remain . The gene for expression undergoes apoptosis(fancy name for timed death) during the embryos development .
What always had been called "Vestigial tails" in some babies,is actually an atavism, which is a reapperance of a past feature. A true vestige is the gradual loss of a feature by a species.

The gene/phene features that PROVE macro evolution include these four
1vestigial features

2Atavisms

3Biogeographical related structures

4 Pseudogenes on derived species that have NO expression except in the fossil record of the common ancestor(recreating a woolly mammoth from turning on pseudogenes in a living elephant)
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 05:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

What many of you who lean on ID need to explain is what the hell does ID have to do with evolution of the loss of vitamin synthesis or the evolution of fish that had been "reproductively isolated" from their parent species in the same river.

The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to us.

This is all very fulfilling... at least to some degree... however, what different perspectives offer I believe is part of everything. So... do things fall into place? An example... Does 0=1? or in another way... does 1=0?... does 2=1?... does 3=1?... well... 2 is twice 1... 3 is three times 1 and 1 is the active form of 0... 0 is not nothingness but 0 is an inactive form of everything.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 06:42 am
More babble.
farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 07:00 am
@Setanta,
Kinda hard to argue with nonsense isnt it?
jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 02:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Cosmology: The study of the origin, evolution, and eventual fate of the universe.
The basic scientific precept is measurement. You have point A and you compare it with point B. This is what an equation is, it is a balancing or weighting of two elements. If one side of the equation is greater or less we adjust by adding or subtracting from one side or the other. If we want to understand the beginning (origin) we are going to have to measure it against something tangible, logical and rational. We have nothing but tangible, logical and rational to base any observation upon. Even irrational is based upon something rational.

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 02:36 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We want to understand evolution but we don't understand a driving force. It just happened. Man rose for no apparent reason. It's just simple folly.
farmerman

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 04:28 pm
@jerlands,
why zat? Just cause you say so?

As I said

(borrowed from Dr Tyson).
"The UNIVERSE IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MAKE SENSE"
brianjakub

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 05:33 pm
@farmerman,
But, the universe does make perfect sense. What a coincidence.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

As I said

Food is under no obligation to nourish you. Your shoes are under no obligation to protect your feet. Your house in under no obligation to shelter you.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 05:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

As I said

This is a senseless statement because it literally says "we are not bound to the universe as the universe is not bound to us." All this crap requires determination which is far from anyone's mind comprehended or proven.
0 Replies