jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 06:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

why zat? Just cause you say so?

As I said

(borrowed from Dr Tyson).
"The UNIVERSE IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO MAKE SENSE"

Lets go on... The human body is under no obligation to make sense. How profound!
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 06:20 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

As I said

Ok.. one more for fun... A murderer is under no obligation to make sense.

0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

As I said

Lets really exploit this thing. What under the sun is under any obligation to do anything other than what one man might oblige himself to another.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2018 09:08 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
As I said

Albert Einstein wrote:
Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 03:27 am
@jerlands,
Quote:
Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.
Dont be so hard on yourself. You can get over it by spending more time reading for comprehension .
Quote:
constant posting of mindless crap from the internet may rot what's left of your mind??
--somebody really smart
jerlands

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:28 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

jerlands wrote:

Einstein wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Dont be so hard on yourself. You can get over it by spending more time reading for comprehension .
-
farmerman wrote:
constant posting of mindless crap from the internet may rot what's left of your mind??
--somebody really smart

farmerman wrote:

I would say you profane the name of the farmer into **** spreader but I know they watch way too much football as it is.
farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 09:56 am
@jerlands,
done playn with yerself ?? Why not just disappear into your haze of myth.
jerlands

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 10:10 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

done playn with yerself ?? Why not just disappear into your haze of myth.

This sounds like evolution? Wonder which way it'll go?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2018 01:34 pm
Mark Your Calendars. Its Darwin Day again. Feb 12
We Present

Did Life begin as a bunch of Iron Oxidizing Microbes?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 07:26 pm
@farmerman,
I agree with the idea of environment and evolution.
brianjakub

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 05:05 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I agree with the idea of environment and evolution.
So do I. In Natural Selection (Like a free market economy) the strong and innovative survive and flourish. When great innovative ideas enter the system known as the environment through evolution they always flourish. Take the cow for instance it consumes fiber we can't digest because of the cow has a complex gut.

http://www.milkproduction.com/Library/Scientific-articles/Animal-health/Rumen-Microbiology/
Quote:

Bacteria, protozoa, and fungi exist together in the cow’s rumen. Bacteria make up about half of the living organisms but do more than half of the rumen’s digestive work. Rumen bacteria are classified into fiber digesters, starch and sugar digesters, lactate using bacteria, and hydrogen-using bacteria. They cooperate together and cross feed.

Not to mention all the insects that pollinate the different plants the cows eat.http://www.beeculture.com/honey-bee-gut-microbia/

Good thing nature was "smart" enough to design an ecosystem inside an ecosystem inside an ecosystem etc. . . that works with other ecosystems with ecosystems working inside ecosystems etc. . . so we can eat steak and drink milk and eat honey that used to be grass and flowers that received energy from the sun by photosynthesis and stored it so, that it eventually entered into our bodies as food or, does it just look like its smart?
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 04:08 am
@brianjakub,
you should now begin to look at the development of species through time. As angiosperms split off and "blossomed", there occurred the co-evolution of animals that could exploit these new plants.
You should look at the co-occurrence of edaphic, geologic and gross climatological features of our planet to see , almot, that evolution almost had no freedom of choice.
farmerman

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 04:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
Ill be off the bords for a few days. I have to go down to Hopkins for a series of scans to see that my kidney are cancer-free after my last surgery.

Im not abandoning anything and if Im not too groggy Ill try to join in from my tablet

Be well
V

brianjakub

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 06:33 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
No algorithms have a choice except to follow the parameters established by the author. The more detailed and complex the information is that the algorithm generates, the more complex the actual algorithm is that is creating the information. That means the author had to predict what was going to be needed when the algorithm got to a point in the future and write the right choice into the program or, step in and make the right choice for it.
Quote:
you should now begin to look at the development of species through time. As angiosperms split off and "blossomed", there occurred the co-evolution of animals that could exploit these new plants.
You should look at the co-occurrence of edaphic, geologic and gross climatological features of our planet to see , almost, that evolution almost had no freedom of choice.
No freedom of choice to me means somebody eliminated the choices by making them in advance and wrote them into the program.

I think you are implying that the program written into the embedded and parallel ecosystems (and natural selection) are so complex that they made the right choices without further intelligent input beyond the initial creation of the algorithm and operating system. Does that lack of need of input during operation eliminate the need for an author? If so why?

You show a great understanding of a very complex and hard to understand algorithm and operating system. Doesn't that knowledge make you wonder who created it and why?
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 07:45 am
@brianjakub,
The irony in the theories of evolution and intelligent design is that both of them are eminently plausible and yet neither of them disprove the other.
brianjakub

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 02:39 pm
@Leadfoot,
They are both true to a point.

Evolution with natural selection picking the winners and losers is nearly an indisputable fact. We observe natural selection today when species go extinct.

Atoms are not intelligent rather, they make intelligence real and perceptible by providing a rotating storage unit for information. (Energy in order is information is also a nearly indisputable fact)

All information reveals an idea is a fact.

All ideas that we can observe coming into existence or, trace to its origins, has an author is, also an indisputable fact. (If not i’d Like an example)

All information that does not have an author originates from a time and place we cannot observe or replicate without intelligence being the initiator. (Even with intelligence we can’t always replicate)

Summary: evolution by natural selection is a complex process containing a vast amount of information that farmer understands very well.

Having an author allows for more complexity in construction of space because they can be arranged in a geometric pattern that allows the constants to be backed out.

Having an author provides an explanation for abiogenis.

Having an author for a lego castle (a child) makes more sense than blowing up a box of legos and then recompressing them by some action we still don’t understand. But that is what the child does. He dumps the bucket to see the parts and then compresses them back together to express an idea.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 03:56 pm
@farmerman,
Good luck on your scan. I'm a 40% kidney function, and feel pretty good. My appetite is healthy too!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2018 05:39 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
All ideas that we can observe coming into existence or, trace to its origins, has an author is, also an indisputable fact. (If not i’d Like an example)
Since its your assertion I think the valid "exam[le" is on you to provide. All I say is "It surely doesnt appear so to me " SO whats yer point of fact (and indisputably so)??
farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2018 05:49 am
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
The irony in the theories of evolution and intelligent design is that both of them are eminently plausible and yet neither of them disprove the other.
Plausible" does not travel with the evidence at hand. Weve got a planet wherein life has realized no secure definable path. The climate and geology has taken so many twists and life has BARELY kept up. There is indisputable Wink evidence of at least 5 major mass extinctions and life being wiped out (including our species ) .On top of that, 99.9999% of all species that ever lived are extinct.

If you believe that a really dopick "Intelligent Designer" was wearing the wite helmet on this project Ive always wondered "Why the hell would he care?"
During the first 4 BILLION years, there really wasnt any reason to make believe that natural selection (in its true definition) was "controlled by an intelligence (or even started by same)..

You see, in fact, all your beliefs are derivative of a need to believe in something like a "Sky Pilot", and not any evidence or facts at hand.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2018 06:05 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
Having an author provides an explanation for abiogenis.
"Having an author" is indistinguishable from the supposition of Magic. Where did this Author come from? Did it evolve naturally, or is it just *poofism* all over again?

Your argument is specious. You cannot deduce the existence of Magic from the observation of your own inability to explain something.
0 Replies