Evolutionry/religious nonsense

Leadfoot

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 11:51 am
@farmerman,
There isn't much left to say as long as you don't recognize that genetic code is code.
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:33 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

It kinda annoys me that science does all the heavy lifting and the Creation/ID folks just play with words. Course, they are convinced that cockroaches dont evolve so thats proof of something for them .
Graduate degrees in hand, research and industrial experience for going on 41 yars and I shoulda been smart enough to see that cockroaches and Coelocanths prove that god did it all, IN THE DARK!!

I think science has always done the heavy lifting but what science really is i.e., separating one thing from another, is misunderstood. Science is not microscopes and equations but simply recognition. We want to exalt the tools of today but these things are merely crutches we rely on because we don't have the connections in our minds to perceive without them.
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:40 pm
@jerlands,
O yeh? then you plan the disassembly and telling me the specific application of a smecktite crystal. USe as much space as needed aqnd develop an approach involving less than 3 steps.

Recognition may be the end game but you wont get there just reading Googles.
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 12:43 pm
@Leadfoot,
Quote:
There isn't much left to say as long as you don't recognize that genetic code is code
and PNP is just a sandwich, and word salad is a salad.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 01:09 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

O yeh? then you plan the disassembly and telling me the specific application of a smecktite crystal. USe as much space as needed aqnd develop an approach involving less than 3 steps.

Recognition may be the end game but you wont get there just reading Googles.

I don't understand what you're asking because I don't know anything about smectite crystal. And why are you knocking google as an information source?

Why don't you explain to me the importance of the smectite crystal?

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 01:49 pm
@jerlands,
anybody can look **** up. Wikipedia needs to be reviewed because its unstalled without any peer review, until other volunteers add on. You dont know whats right or not by reading and accepting uncritically.

Go to the original sources and see qhat part of a Wiki are often quote"mined"

Smectites are a group name for a whole bunch of " hydrated sheet silicates" that have a layer charge of anywhere from 0.2 to 0.6 per layer and a 2:1 structure of layers. They originate as chemical erosion products of plutonic rocks (magmas). Their structures allows them to "suck up" polar liquids(anything with an ability to fully dissolve) and swell in the "c" axial direction' They hqve an extremely high cation exchange capacity at or above 110 c-mol/kg
That makes their hexagonal "fluffy" crystals them a chemistry lab for abiogenesis , due to their strong CEC and the fact that they control molecule shapes by differential attractive forces and surface chem bonding. Does this mean we understand how life formed in a sterile erth??? Hell no, but these are some ideas worth consideration (other than a"SUPERDOOPER INTELLIGENCE DONE IT"). We really cant discuss Sooperdooper god "theories", mostly cause the dont come from any scholarly study(except for one or two pages in an old book of tales from the deserts) AND, mostly, cause they dont lead you anywhere.

Heres a little test, sit around with some similarly believing friends and say that an intelligence created life, then try to wring some scientific discussions out of that. See where you go from the mass agreement with your assertion. Id say mostly Nowhere. Because NOBODY would want to disprove that belief. All you guys here on A2K are living posting proof. I think for the main part, most of us interested or working in science dont claim to really know where it started, but I know we are investigating (AND, so far, noobody has claimed we are totally wrong except for the IDers)
Yet this type pf "religion based thinking about nature" ruled our nations education systems for over 100 years and real biological and geological science was totally disallowed from being taught in schools(despite what our constitution says)
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 02:12 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

anybody can look **** up.

Ok.. has the lab ever done anything other than form an amino acid? Why do you think that is? Life isn't strictly a chemical component nor is DNA. Life itself is a desire which is hard to understand without something to relate to. However, life does seem to go against this universal entropic force of chaos to form order. That seems apparent.
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 02:29 pm
@farmerman,
Here's another analogy... you have a field of stones. These stones are not going to magically come together and form a structure all by themselves. They first need a catalyst (a reason) and then they need the driving mechanism for their order which turns out to be man.
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 02:32 pm
@farmerman,
Perhaps understanding the desire of life (survival) will help science understand its origin?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 02:55 pm
@farmerman,
I mean... ARE YOU ******* DEAF??? Don't you hear the sound of unzipping? "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL" out of context. The correct context is UNDER THE LAW!
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 03:52 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
.. has the lab ever done anything other than form an amino acid?
much

Quote:
life does seem to go against this universal entropic force of chaos to form order.
Youve been reading my posts and have even remembered it. Good for you
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 03:53 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
These stones are not going to magically come together and form a structure all by themselves
How about conglomerates or breccias?
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 03:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
much

Quote:
life does seem to go against this universal entropic force of chaos to form order.

That was my summation formed through my conversation with you. Reminds me of Al Gore.. I created the internet.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 03:58 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
These stones are not going to magically come together and form a structure all by themselves
How about conglomerates or breccias?

Lets see.. we're talking about structure right? I guess that depends on the degree of structure. Conglomerates and breccias both result through time by external natural forces acting upon them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 03:59 pm
@jerlands,
Quote:
ARE YOU ******* DEAF??? Don't you hear the sound of unzipping? "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL" out of context. The correct context is UNDER THE LAW!
Now now, please dont be insulting. Why bring in the declaration (which was a totally fony document in retrospect.) It really said that
"All WHITE, PROPERTY OWNING MEN are created equal ...with some created more equal than others"
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 04:02 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
much

Quote:

Remember? You were discussing disorder having the highest degree of energy and I inserted life (order) having a high degree of energy?
jerlands

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 04:04 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
ARE YOU ******* DEAF??? Don't you hear the sound of unzipping? "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL" out of context. The correct context is UNDER THE LAW!
Now now, please dont be insulting. Why bring in the declaration (which was a totally fony document in retrospect.) It really said that
"All WHITE, PROPERTY OWNING MEN are created equal ...with some created more equal than others"

Lets skew things up...
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 04:06 pm
@jerlands,
naaah, I have to go feed lambs and eat supper. Saddle up and go down to the pub.Maybe yall run into Leadfoot.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 05:03 am
@jerlands,
Quote:

Remember? You were discussing disorder having the highest degree of energy and I inserted life (order) having a high degree of energy?
I know that you are quite wrong with that attribution. My first comment re "energy" was several years ago stating that the living state exists against all chemical gradients and while alive does not support the second law of thermodynamics. Ive said that for years and had at least two years ago had that discussion with Leadfoot. (Unless you are he and think a bit opposite to him,)
farmerman

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2018 05:27 am
@farmerman,
Getting a cold reminds me to ask the board what was the ID anagenetic purpose that our simian ancestors lost active end of the terminal gene GULO , which now means we have to eat lot of expensive Cara Cara oranges in order to get our Vitamin C.
Dont get me started on Vitamin D.

So god works in mysterious ways eh?

mAYBE we were related to bats back in theCretaceous cause they lost the ability to synthesize Vitamin C