Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 09:40 pm
@rosborne979,
Artificial intelligence?
jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Artificial intelligence?

Artificial Intelligence is programmed intelligence, what man imposes even if that intelligence has the ability to learn. You can program a machine and you can program a person. Natural Intelligence is what's observed occuring in the unobstructed universe or in the unobstructed environment (a wild dog or a human baby to a degree.)
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:20 pm
@brianjakub,
What's to agree or disagree with? I'm not "blocking" anything. You're free to babble on about it as long as you want! (and I'm free to comment)
Really? all information originates from intelligence? What kind of a statement is that? A roundabout way to "prove" that the Universe was created by God?
I mean if you accept that nonsense statement then what follows is "Yes, of course the Universe was created by God."
What is information? that's the question you should answer first. Is there any information that's not simply the result of perception?
brianjakub

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:24 pm
@TomTomBinks,
No, if you're perceiving information then, information was there before you perceived it. Unless you're creating the information in your mind at that moment.
jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:28 pm
@TomTomBinks,
The discussion was Cosmology, the nature of becoming (origin, evolution, and eventual fate of the universe.) We were discussing the nature of number and its origins as all things are relative aren't they? In the grand scheme of things?
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:31 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
What is information
Information is energy transmitted or stored in a pattern.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:34 pm
@brianjakub,
All information is always stored in something rotating.
jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:34 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
What is information

Is information stored and passed in a quark?
jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:38 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

All information is always stored in something rotating.

How 'bout this... is information stored and passed in light?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:40 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
What is information

Is information stored and passed in a quark?

I think information is stored and passed in everything. If we're looking for some universal information source I suggest looking at what is within this thing that engulfs our universe.
brianjakub

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:45 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
Is there any information that's simply the result of perception?
If God existed before information he perceived the first piece of information so there's always been somebody perceiving it.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:48 pm
@jerlands,
Everything that is rotating is storing information.
jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:52 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Why is that?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2018 10:59 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Well in my mind rotation suggests motion and motion suggests time so what is it in time that stores information?
brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 06:13 am
@jerlands,
Quote:
Why is that?
spin is the only way to store information. A quark is A Letter in God's alphabet. The number of quarks in an Atom determines what word Or type of atom it is in God's vocabulary. Combining a largenumber of atoms into a piece of matter is a sentence. The laws of physics are God"s grammar.
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 08:23 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Why is that?
spin is the only way to store information.

Would you mind explaining that cause I don't see a book spinning?
Setanta

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:05 am
This thread certainly meets the religious nonsense criterion of the title.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:22 am
@jerlands,
The book is made up of Atoms The quarks inside the Atoms are spinning and trapped inside the universe of the Atom. Atoms form molecules of ink that are That are made up of quarks that are arranged a certain way and spinning a certain way. If the quarks we're not spinning they could not store information it would be lost .
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:43 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

The book is made up of Atoms The quarks inside the Atoms are spinning and trapped inside the universe of the Atom. Atoms form molecules of ink that are That are made up of quarks that are arranged a certain way and spinning a certain way. If the quarks we're not spinning they could not store information it would be lost .

But the symbols that the book contains are not spinning. That's not my perception of the information. The information I see is static. Spinning or rotating might be a function of processing that information but I still see the information as static? It's not the spinning that contains information but our relationship or perception to that bit of information.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:50 am
@brianjakub,
Can we understand our minds by understanding the Cosmos? Is science nothing more than an attempt to understand our relationship with nature?