Evolutionry/religious nonsense

brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:52 am
@jerlands,
Do you read a letter or study or work of art to understand your relationship with the letter or your relationship with the author of the letter?
brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 09:54 am
@jerlands,
When I was at the Chicago Art Institute and looked a great works of art you could feel what the artist was feeling while he painted it
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:03 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Do you read a letter or study or work of art to understand your relationship with the letter or your relationship with the author of the letter?

It isn't the attempt to understand the relationship when reading a letter. The relationship is what conveys the information.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:05 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

When I was at the Chicago Art Institute and looked a great works of art you could feel what the artist was feeling while he painted it

Looking at a painting is in some respects similar to looking in a mirror. We see reflected impression given by the author. Our senses allow us to construct that into useful information.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:08 am
@brianjakub,
If we want to understand our minds I think it easiest to relate to one of the most rational forms of abstract thought and that is number.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:13 am
@brianjakub,
I still want to explore this notion of one (1) [completeness, oneness, wholeness] and the notion of infinity.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 10:15 am
@brianjakub,
Isn't one (1) the foundation of all number?
brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:08 am
@jerlands,
There is only one God. There is only one message of salvation he is telling us. You are one part of that message. One very important part of that message. God didn't need you in the message. You are living in the message so you can learn to understand it. God doesn't need you to understand it. He wants you to understand it because he wants you to understand he loves you and the message is for you. Your mistakes are part of the message for you to learn. In the end he's going to fix all the mistakes like you never committed them. All your mistakes whether there's five or 50,000 are going to be counted as one mistake and he's going to fix it. As long as you ask him to.
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:34 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

There is only one God. There is only one message of salvation he is telling us. You are one part of that message. One very important part of that message. God didn't need you in the message. You are living in the message so you can learn to understand it. God doesn't need you to understand it. He wants you to understand it because he wants you to understand he loves you and the message is for you. Your mistakes are part of the message for you to learn. In the end he's going to fix all the mistakes like you never committed them. All your mistakes whether there's five or 50,000 are going to be counted as one mistake and he's going to fix it. As long as you ask him to.

It seems to me you're assuming a lot about "God." I don't know the reason for creation and I don't think there have been many in the history of mankind that have or even possibly have. Much of theology is based on faith founded in what man has observed in his environment.
brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:40 am
@jerlands,
I believe it on observation not Faith
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:45 am
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

brianjakub wrote:

It seems to me you're assuming a lot about "God." I don't know the reason for creation and I don't think there have been many in the history of mankind that have or even possibly have. Much of theology is based on faith founded in what man has observed in his environment.

An example is this struggle life faces with entropy, the universal force to enter disorder. Here is ancient thought...
the moaning of the Bedouin wrote:
Those who destroy the lie promote Ma'at;
those who promote the good will erase the evil.
As fullness casts out appetite,
as clothes cover the nude and
as heaven clears up after a storm
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:50 am
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

I believe it on observation not Faith

Isn't faith founded on observance? I mean.. it's the leap. Faith seems to be what's formulated from observance
brianjakub

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 11:51 am
@jerlands,
I used to make assumptions. That was before I collected all the data and observations in archaeology the fossil record science and historical data compiled by man. You combine all those things together with the fact that the creator of the universe stepped into the universe and explained it to us personally the story becomes quite obvious very little faith needed .
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 12:03 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

I used to make assumptions. That was before I collected all the data and observations in archaeology the fossil record science and historical data compiled by man. You combine all those things together with the fact that the creator of the universe stepped into the universe and explained it to us personally the story becomes quite obvious very little faith needed .

Why did our human anatomy rise? Does posture have anything to do with understanding?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 12:28 pm
@brianjakub,
Ok.. did "God" make this house for us or did he make it for himself so that he could perform his works?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:00 pm
@jerlands,
Faith is based on the subjective perception of the individual.
jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I don't know... is objective perception a consideration?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Can we measure anything that provides great insight?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

objective pertaining to what we can see and measure
subjective being our totality of consideration
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2018 01:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

when you objectify doesn't that literally mean to hold at a distance?
subjectify seems to makes it personal to the individual?
0 Replies