Evolutionry/religious nonsense

rosborne979

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 11:59 am
At least you guys are in good company Smile

Quote:
It has been said by some that the thoughts and tweets of Deepak Chopra are indistinguishable from a set of profound sounding words put together in a random order, particularly the tweets tagged with "#cosmisconciousness". This site aims to test that claim! Each "quote" is generated from a list of words that can be found in Deepak Chopra's Twitter stream randomly stuck together in a sentence.

Enjoy: http://wisdomofchopra.com
brianjakub

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:00 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:

It's about relativity and frame of reference.

God established these frame of references, that Einstein described mathematically, in the following verses.

Quote:
Gen1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

6 Then God said, “Let there be [e]an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 God made the [f]expanse, and separated the waters which were below the [g]expanse from the waters which were above the [h]expanse; and it was so. 8 God called the expanse heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

9 Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 God called the dry land earth, and the gathering of the waters He called seas; and God saw that it was good.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:02 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Quote:
It has been said by some that the thoughts and tweets of Deepak Chopra are indistinguishable from a set of profound sounding words put together in a random order, particularly the tweets tagged with "#cosmisconciousness". This site aims to test that claim! Each "quote" is generated from a list of words that can be found in Deepak Chopra's Twitter stream randomly stuck together in a sentence.
Give me an example, I'd like a chance to clarify it for you.
jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:15 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Quote:

There's an interesting perspective in that.. "the healing self." Life struggling against the universal entropic force.
jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:30 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Quote:

It's probably just a matter of relativity.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:34 pm
@jerlands,
Click on the "More Wisdom" button and you will get another random phrase from Deepak. Smile
jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:42 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Click on the "More Wisdom" button and you will get another random phrase from Deepak. Smile

Deepak wrote:
"Death experiences visible chaos" _
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 12:53 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

Click on it and see what you get?
rosborne979

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 01:13 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Ok, here you go, "Transcendence constructs subjective destiny"
rosborne979

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 01:15 pm
@jerlands,
jerlands wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

Click on it and see what you get?

Yes. Click on it and see what you get.

Notice how similar in structure all those quotes are to the things you and Brian are saying... Get it?
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 01:17 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Sorta sounds like the path you choose is the path you follow.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 02:46 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I was talking about something I said.
Quote:
I think that statement says everybody's destiny is subject to their own understanding of the Transcendental. To me the transcendental is any thing not physical (similar to my belief in creative thought, God, spirits, angels, demons etc. . .) I think he is implying, "whether you subjectively believe in the Transcendental or not, objectively what you believe will determine your transcendental destiny(like life after death) whether you believe it or not.

I tend to agree with him on that point, and I think there is a considerable amount of data supporting that position.

But, I believe I have a much more detailed understanding of what the Transcendental is, which also has a considerable amount of data supporting it.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 02:57 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:
I tend to agree with him on that point, and I think there is a considerable amount of data supporting that position.

Really? That's interesting given the source of the quote. Smile
jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 03:26 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

brianjakub wrote:

Really? That's interesting given the source of the quote. Smile

Here's another source. I really don't see the point of it other than novelty and distraction.
0 Replies

jerlands

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 03:36 pm
@rosborne979,

0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 05:01 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Really? That's interesting given the source of the quote.
He's a very intelligent man, a great communicator and salesman. He bought into a different line of thinking than you and I (or are you a follower of Deepak Chopra). Which line of thinking best fits the patterns presented in the data, from the initiation of matter, and then the initiation of life to now?
Quote:

Quote:
I was talking about something I said.
Where did my logic go of course for you? Let me clarify.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 05:18 pm
@brianjakub,
brianjakub wrote:

Quote:
Really? That's interesting given the source of the quote.
He's a very intelligent man, a great communicator and salesman. He bought into a different line of thinking than you and I (or are you a follower of Deepak Chopra). Which line of thinking best fits the patterns presented in the data, from the initiation of matter, and then the initiation of life to now?

Congratulations, you seem to be able to produce exactly the same type of quotes that the wisdomofchopra generator produces.

... which leaves me with a problem, because at this point I'm not sure if you and Jerlands are real humans, or just machines randomly chattering at each other.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 06:20 pm
@rosborne979,
Give me an example of one of mine,
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 08:08 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
... which leaves me with a problem, because at this point I'm not sure if you and Jerlands are real humans, or just machines randomly chattering at each other.

Ros,
I've been following this thread (or at least I've been reading it...) and it's become just what the title calls for: nonsense. Whether Brian and Jer are real people doesn't even matter, they aren't really saying anything. It's like listening to college freshmen who have been stoned all night having a "really deep" conversation about Philosophy 101.
brianjakub

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2018 10:08 pm
@TomTomBinks,
This philosophical speculating at the 101 level that jer and I have been doing is just a little mental exercise. Whether or not you agree with this I was just helping Jer put words to his thoughts. But the logical assumption that all information originates from intelligence has a sound basis. Why not accept that fact and quit trying to block discussion and research on it ?