Me Too

neptuneblue

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 08:00 am
@maxdancona,
The only thing that's dead is your compassion.

The Ohio primary is pushed off til June, and since the DNC has not concluded who the nominee is, I haven't made a decision yet.
edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 08:11 am
MeToo is only a fad to those who never accepted the premise in the first place.
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 08:16 am
@neptuneblue,
I respect Tarana Burke who started the MeToo movement. I feel bad that her movement was hijacked by angry middle-class White liberals.

She designed her movement to be inclusive and welcoming. She wanted a safe space for survivors to tell their stories and be heard. From the very beginning she welcomed male survivors. For her, this was about starting a dialog about a societal issue rather than about bashing the political opposition.

The MeToo movement died when it became just another fad for liberal political extremists. Conservative women were never welcomed by White liberals. Male survivors were openly mocked. People didn't oppose the idea. The backlash was to the ridiculous political extreme that the movement came to reprsent.

I didn't kill the MeToo movement. Neptuneblue killed it.
neptuneblue

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 08:19 am
@maxdancona,
I am a survivor.

And so are you.

#Me Too
0 Replies

Lash

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 08:49 am
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/91048695_1101702823526568_5861580089212272640_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=ca434c&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=2oQriMPqEqEAX8pwSYT&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&_nc_tp=14&oh=dfbcc548ab1c98dda0c75038e5c90c06&oe=5EA3537C
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 11:43 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Should he get elected add Biden, who has been recorded trying to get his hand on a child's breast.

What is this, ******* Pizza Gate for liberals?

The far left is really just as wacko as the far right.

No statement on the Biden accusations, just hysteria.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 12:00 pm
The idea of four more years of Trump scares the hell out of me.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 12:46 pm
Soundtrack for the thread.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 01:29 pm
Prisoner Harvey Weinstein hoped beyond hope that #Me Too was a passing fad and that it had run its course. To generate sympathy, he got a shiny new walker. (not since Bill Cosby played super hard of seeing for his trial, has a prop been so abused )then the verdict was read, then he was sentenced. For both of those moments he managed to have a "medical crisis" and was sent off to a hospital, rather than to a prison cell. Even had a stint shoved into his heart (or so the doctor said). Now it's been said he tested positive for Covid-19. Plus he got shipped out to a maximum security prison up by Buffalo (New York) where winter is not always friendly and heat can go out in the middle of the night.

But all is not lost! No sireee! Woody Allen (another slimy scuzzball) got a new publisher and dishes on Harvey Weinstein in the lurid disgusting book.
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 03:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby are criminals. They are convicted rapists. There are lots of people who think that feminism is a crock of bullshit who were happy that Weinstein and Cosby are in jail.

The #MeToo movement failed because when it became politicized, it was unable to make the difference between rape, and telling dirty joke. It became ridiculous.

- There was an uproar because someone said "women's lingerie" on an elevator.
- People were declaring that touching a woman in public was the equivalent of rape.
- The ceremonial dunking of Al Franken and Garrison Keiler.

You can be against rape and still see the ridiculousness that the #MeToo movement has become.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 04:04 pm
Every movement has fringe elements swirling about and those who wish it ill always characterize the fringe as the core. Fortunately there are level heads who know what MeToo really is and don't let those kinds derail their movement.
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 05:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
Which movement are you talking about? The movement to end rape, or the movement to get Christmas songs taken off the radio?

There was a "survivors of sexual assault" movement long before #MeToo that mostly stayed away from politics. They are welcoming. This movement still exists and is supportive of a diverse group of people.

This thread itself demonstrates how political and how nasty the #MeToo has become. From from the very first page it wasn't about supporting survivors, it was about attacking anyone who didn't support a narrow political ideology. It isn't welcoming. It isn't diverse. And most of the energy is spent throwing mud at people who don't fit in.

edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 06:50 pm
@maxdancona,
The only nasty posts here are from you. Everybody else is trying to share information.
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 06:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The only nasty posts here are from you. Everybody else is trying to share information.

I love irony.
edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 07:11 pm
@maxdancona,
You are irony.
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

You are irony.

I get the last laugh. You get to choose between Biden and Trump.

I am pretty sure you will be voting for Joe Biden. Should I say .... #MeToo Wink !
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:28 pm
If they are dumb enough to run Biden, a man who is on his last legs, has dementia, can't make a coherent sentence unless he reads it, is a sexual predator, fought integration, insulted Hill and helped put Clarence Thomas in the Supreme Court, was instrumental invading Iraq, helped push the bill that caused us to incarcerate more people than any other nation, it will be meat to the lions. You don't seriously think he can beat Trump do you?
maxdancona

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:35 pm
@edgarblythe,
Just to be clear, we are talking about the Democratic Party

1. They are dumb enough to run Biden (actually I think Biden is better than their last choice).

2. Yes, I do seriously think he can beat Trump.

3. Hopefully you will be voting for him.
Sturgis

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:36 pm
The Me Too still exists... For those who want it and want to use it as a way of saying what happened to them.

While some may contend that it is done with, defeated, ruined by this, that or some other group, truth being what it is, it continues forward. It continues to address the disgraceful behaviors of certain individuals. If one chooses to fully dismiss it, that is their choice; however, they cannot silence those who have spoken or those yet to come who will speak up and give confidence to the many people who are still not able to.
edgarblythe

Sat 28 Mar, 2020 10:40 pm
@maxdancona,
He would institutionalize the changes Trump has made. Have you paid attention to how he praises Republicans and how he made a speech to help Republicans retain control of the senate? He's more Republican than Democrat.