Me Too

ehBeth

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 01:24 pm
an older piece that is recirculating among some of my younger friends

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1656241_679462792096120_966126499_n.jpg?oh=8c8b8eb91b4de85e68ee58fcb146d362&oe=5B443F54

I think it's equally problematic with any gender combo (and am working on getting them to see that as well)
ehBeth

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 01:35 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
I think it's equally problematic with any gender combo (and am working on getting them to see that as well)

looks like they totally get it - the next batch to forward it on have made it cross-gender in their comments
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:23 pm
@ehBeth,
So! Preschool boys are a target of feminist wrath!

Four year old boys aren't part of the Patriarchy. This attack on toddlers based only of their gender is a humorous example of how ridículous this narrative has become.
four year old

EhBeth is perpetuating gender stereotypes rather than challenging them.
maxdancona

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 05:33 pm
@maxdancona,
The worst part of this message is how harmful it is to girls.

My daughter just had a birthday party... she is a young teen. She has a really great group of friends, they are genuinely nice to each other and supportive of each other. And they are a mix of boys and girls who enjoy spending time together.

No one has told my daughter that she needs to be protected or needs special treatment. She make friends with the people she likes and does the things she likes. Her gender doesn't matter, nor does this feminist narrative that tells her she can't just be herself without fear.

I hope she never gets the message that she is vulnerable, or can't stand up for herself, or can't be friends with boys.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 06:31 pm
Poor butt hurt individual.
maxdancona

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 06:34 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Well Edgar, she is a grown woman attacking four year olds... But I don't think EhBeth's behavior warrants your use of rape imagery.
glitterbag

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 08:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

Well Edgar, she is a grown woman attacking four year olds... But I don't think EhBeth's behavior warrants your use of rape imagery.

Why do you feel compelled to attribute such thoughts to others? You never fail to disappoint me.
maxdancona

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:13 pm
@glitterbag,
I am glad that I haven't failed you Glitterbag.

This thread is just a group of aging white ideologues making political attacks on four year old boys. I hope you can step out of your bubble enough to appreciate how silly this all is.

The problem is we have an election this year, and real problems that can be addressed like healthcare or reforming law enforcement. I am afraid the Democrats are going to blow another election with this radical nonsense.

There is not even any real policy being discussed here. It is just whining about how bad four year old boys are.

glitterbag

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:31 pm
@maxdancona,
I am glad as well, even though I am anxious to find something redeemable about you. Sadly you seem to be stuck in a time warp of sorts, however the good news is it's only you.

maxdancona

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:40 pm
@glitterbag,

Quote:
Well I was walking down the street just a-having a think
When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink
He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise
He had a pickup truck, and the devil's eyes
He stared at me and I felt a change
Time meant nothing, never would again

Let's do the time-warp again

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust
That really drives you insane

0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 09:42 pm
@glitterbag,
If you look harder, Glitterbag, I am sure you can find something redeemable about me.

I do so crave your approval.
glitterbag

Mon 5 Mar, 2018 10:30 pm
@maxdancona,
You really don't crave my approval. We both know that. And I see no possible reason why I should look harder. You have a nice life, Skippy.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 05:28 am
http://www.acentmetresducentredumonde.com/sites/default/files/oeuvres/le_soulevement_des_ames_noires__2016._huile_sur_toile_190_x_295_cm._nazanin_pouyandeh.jpg

Le soulèvement des âmes noires, by Nazanin Pouyandeh
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 05:34 am
http://img.over-blog-kiwi.com/0/93/16/08/20180120/ob_3c7e78_img-6639.jpg

"Je jure de t’aimer jusqu’à l’aube", de Nazanin Pouyandeh
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 05:41 am
More from the same artist:
http://artshebdomedias.com/article/utopies-de-nazanin-pouyandeh-simon-pasieka/
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 06:11 am
Two New York based publications discuss boys and men: the New York magazine issued a series of articles about...

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/press/2018/03/02/March5-18_2018_HowToRaiseABoy.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg
http://nymag.com/press/2018/03/on-the-cover-how-to-raise-a-boy.html

... while the NYT publishes an op ed by Michael Black stating that "America’s boys are broken, and it’s killing us."
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/21/opinion/boys-violence-shootings-guns.html
maxdancona

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 08:09 am
@Olivier5,
Boys are far more likely to be shooters, or abusive. This is seen as boys being broken. Boys are far more likely to take risks, start a business, build a fortune or rise to the top of an industry. This is not seen as a positive.

What if these two sides of "boys" are really the same thing?

If equality that means men and women are equally represented in the boardrooms and research labs also means that men and women are equally represented in prison... is it still equality?
Olivier5

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 08:35 am
@maxdancona,
There are many abusive women, so I don't see "abuse" as gendered, personally. But physical violence is more a boys thing, yes.

The question as I see it is: how to raise them as boys, happy to be boys rather than shameful to be boys, including in their rapport to violence? How to ease the illogical demands made on them by society and us their parents? (don't be a pussy, don't cry, fight, protect, take risks, speak out -- but at the same time shut up, listen, be quiet, treat others well, ask permission)
Olivier5

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 10:29 am
@maxdancona,
Thumbed you up back to 1, by the way. Not that I loved your post but it did not deserve to be voted down.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 6 Mar, 2018 10:35 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
But physical violence is more a boys thing, yes.

really? I disagree. As a former little girl and continuing observer of small children I think violence is heavily discouraged in little girls while it is often ignored or accepted, sometimes encouraged, in little boys.

Stoopid socialization.

There are some wonderful parents around me who try to be more even-handed in how they raise their children but it still seems to be a struggle when the kids spend more time in the general community. Disappointment when female children are aggressive, enthusiasm when the male children are aggressive.