Atheno anti-aging product

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 12:19 pm
The ad says you only pay for shipping, but after you receive the product, they bill you for almost $200. It's a scam, so beware! If you don't ship the product back by their deadline, you pay.

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 01:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I bought from a scam link one time. They linked in my Paypal account to make me automatically pay for more every month. It was a simple matter to disable the link, but had I not logged in I might not have known in time to stop it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why would you trust anything named Atheno, a product from an unknown company from what? A pop up ad (my assumption)? Of course it's a scam.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 03:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
Why? Curiosity and ignorance. ;(
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 05:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sometimes it's a good thing to be like me for a bunch of years now, very thrifty because I have to be, thrift being the operative word. I've known several sides re money matters, the pleasures and the worries (no, I don't feel like writing a book on it), but I'm now very inculcated on watchfulness re my purchases. Greek or other comely product names won't move me..

Oh, except for ice cream. I've checked out Albertson's ice cream aisle and have resumed being Ms. Picky. Have stopped making my own with the now getting older ice cream maker, but it's still on the counter. That's definitely a pleasure if I get myself in gear, but I'm getting lazier.

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 05:15 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Mmm, I'm beginning to remember a legitimate company re bath products with a similar name. Ah, I think the name was Aveeno, or similar. So, assuming this product CI dealt with is a scam, then I bet the scam was using the sound-alike name of a legitimate product as a come-on.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2017 05:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
It's a scam, so beware!

Of course it's a scam, it says "Anti-Aging" product. And the part about paying the $200 if you don't ship it back... that's like a second scam buried inside the first scam.
0 Replies