Have I been Hacked By Amazon ?

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 10:35 am
Hi, I was in live chat just,today, with Amazon. Received some damaged jars of Mayo through the post. Wanted a refund. They gave me the following email address to send the photos of the damage to. .. [email protected]
I sent the photo's , to that address, During chat with the Amazon Rep, and again, after having spoken with him. Neither OF my emails went through.

My question is - Is this, possibly, some kind of scam ? Did this person gain access to my account.

By my uploading images to this email address, whilst he was in Live CHAT, with me ??

I am, Really, concerned I have done something stupid, here. and want to know, what I can do, to ensure my computer is not,now, open to scammers. Thank you , in advance for any advice you can provide ..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,121 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 10:48 am
@Vegan Kid,
Did you order the Mayo? Did you initiate the chat via amazon's website? If either of those are the case it is unlikely it is a scam more likely that maybe your pictures are too large or not sent in the right format that it causes the email not to go through.

You also could call amazon by finding their contact us phone number on their website explain what happened and ask them if this is an email that you should send to....basically verifying what was said on the chat/call.

Also - ask how you should send the pictures, format, size etc.
Vegan Kid

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:43 am
@Linkat,
Hi Linkat, thank you for your quick response, and for your advise !
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 11:53 am
@Vegan Kid,
Amazon has always been good about giving refunds.

On the "My orders" page, there is a button to report damaged goods. I have used this feature a couple of times and the refund was automatically put into my account. I have never had to talk to, email, or chat with anyone.
Linkat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2021 01:59 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Amazon has always been good about giving refunds.

On the "My orders" page, there is a button to report damaged goods. I have used this feature a couple of times and the refund was automatically put into my account. I have never had to talk to, email, or chat with anyone.

True - I have only returned stuff a couple of times - once today - you do simply do that - and the good part too is there are many places you can return them to - we just returned something my daughter chose the wrong item - she simply filled out the item like you said in the my orders page and they send a code that can be scanned - went to whole foods and got an email receipt of the return.

I saw you have a UK address - so I am wondering if maybe things are different in the UK?
0 Replies

Wickle

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2021 08:19 am
@maxdancona,
Same experience here. I've never had any problems getting a refund that required more than that.
0 Replies