Send 40 million Bush inauguration money to tsunami victims

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:11 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
So maybe instead of walking around grabbing our big dicks and bragging about what bad mother f*#kers we are we would be better off using our heads and intelligence ( you may want to look that one up) and preventing attacks by paying attention to intel and better yet behave differently and less arrogantly. In a dangerous world, good manners are your best defense IMO.

How very foolish. I would love to see you attempt to defend yourself as an inmate in a Nazi concentration camp by impressing them with your good manners. The sad fact is that there will always be evil people who only respect force. There are now weapons of immense danger in existence and allowing them to propagate to anyone who wants them will result in death on a scale far, far greater than has occurred in Iraq.

and how very foolish of you, and how typical of you and your kind, to think that just because I would be polite and try to avoid making people hate me enough through my arrogance to try and harm me that I would just lie down and let them harm me. You equate kindness or reluctance to fight with weakness or the inability to fight if necessary. Now THAT"S foolish and underestimating....and underestimating has always been the eventual downfall of those who think with their fists and confuse them with their balls..... you don't surprise me one bit....and I'm sure you'd love to see me in a concentration camp...but let me gently and with no agenda assure you that you would find, to your dismay, that you had underestimated me greatly were you to be foolish enough to try it.... :wink:
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:20 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
So Brandon I suppose what you're saying is that the people who are already loaded with WMD's are sort of grandfathered in?

It's like the mafia, they've closed the books to new members?

And in the name of keeping the peace we may have to kill you?

I get it now.

You don't appear to get much of anything. I am saying that it is not practically possible to attack someone who has the power to kill millions in the first moments of the conflict. This is self-evident.

We are able to kill millions in the first moments of a conflict and someone attacked us..... now, who is it who seems not to get things? Rolling Eyes Laughing

On 9/11, who were we supposed to have directed our nukes at? We were attacked in a covert action with no immediately provable perpetrator. The immediate perpetrators died in the attack. As soon as we were sure who was responsible, we did attempt to obliterate them. We did not attempt to obliterate them with nukes because (a) there was not a large scale invasion of the US underway, (b) we are a powerful nation and can be effective with our conventional army, and (c) we are at least responsible enough to try to stay away from WMD when possible.

In the situations I am describing on the other hand, (a) we would be making an invasion with the goal of conquering a country entirely, (b) the fact that we were the perpetrators would be completely obvious so that the country being invaded would know who to retaliate against, and (c) in many cases we would be invading weak countries that could not defend themselves with conventional forces.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:23 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
So Brandon I suppose what you're saying is that the people who are already loaded with WMD's are sort of grandfathered in?

It's like the mafia, they've closed the books to new members?

And in the name of keeping the peace we may have to kill you?

I get it now.

You don't appear to get much of anything. I am saying that it is not practically possible to attack someone who has the power to kill millions in the first moments of the conflict. This is self-evident.

We are able to kill millions in the first moments of a conflict and someone attacked us..... now, who is it who seems not to get things? Rolling Eyes Laughing

On 9/11, who were we supposed to have directed our nukes at? We were attacked in a covert action with no immediately provable perpetrator. The immediate perpetrators died in the attack. As soon as we were sure who was responsible, we did attempt to obliterate them. We did not attempt to obliterate them with nukes because (a) there was not a large scale invasion of the US underway, (b) we are a powerful nation and can be effective with our conventional army, and (c) we are at least responsible enough to try to stay away from WMD when possible.

In the situations I am describing on the other hand, (a) we would be making an invasion with the goal of conquering a country entirely, (b) the fact that we were the perpetrators would be completely obvious so that the country being invaded would know who to retaliate against, and (c) in many cases we would be invading weak countries that could not defend themselves with conventional forces.

Pretty much off topic. You suggested that good manners are our best defense, and I pointed out that there are many people with whom such methods fail. You are distorting what I said. I did not say that I would like to see you in a concentration camp in general. I said that I would like to see you apply your "best defense" of being polite there.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:27 pm
and then the backpedal....... I hope you get to stand waist high in blood at least once before you die Brandon...and I hope that I avoid it...then apparently we will both be happy....let's just leave it at that...I don't think we're going to find any common ground here...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:29 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and then the backpedal....... I hope you get to stand waist high in blood at least once before you die Brandon...and I hope that I avoid it...then apparently we will both be happy....let's just leave it at that...I don't think we're going to find any common ground here...

I defy you to point out something I backpedalled about.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:30 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

How very foolish. I would love to see you attempt to defend yourself as an inmate in a Nazi concentration camp by impressing them with your good manners.

This is hardly an analogous scenario.
Not even close!!

Brandon9000 wrote:

The sad fact is that there will always be evil people who only respect force.

Would you consider yourself one?
How about Bush?
Evil or not, only respecting force as a term of mediation lumps all of that kind into one useless pile.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:31 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

How very foolish. I would love to see you attempt to defend yourself as an inmate in a Nazi concentration camp by impressing them with your good manners.

This is hardly an analogous scenario.
Not even close!!

Brandon9000 wrote:

The sad fact is that there will always be evil people who only respect force.

Would you consider yourself one?
How about Bush?
Evil or not, only respecting force as a term of mediation lumps all of that kind into one useless pile.

My point was simply that his statement that politeness is the best defense is often wrong.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:32 pm
"I didn't say I'd like to see you in a concentration camp in general"

"I just said I'd like to see you in a concentration camp trying to defend yourself"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:34 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

"I just said I'd like to see you in a concentration camp trying to defend yourself"

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is certainly not a correct quotation, liar. This is what I said verbatim:

Quote:
I did not say that I would like to see you in a concentration camp in general. I said that I would like to see you apply your "best defense" of being polite there.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:40 pm
Brandon wrote
Quote:
It's a pity that you have to misquote me to argue your point. First of all, I never said that we should take out those nations that we think are attempting to develop WMD. It is my position that in the future, as many groups, some nations and some not, attempt to obtain WMD, it would be insanity to sit back and let anyone get them who wants to. I am saying that there will be cases where some group's possession of WMD would appear to possess a clear and present danger of their use. Groups of this type must be dissuaded even by force
[/b][/i][/u]
In one breath you say I misquote you and than procede to say the same thing over again. You can't be on both sides of fence at the same time.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:40 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Quote:
I did not say that I would like to see you in a concentration camp in general. I said that I would like to see you apply your "best defense" of being polite there.

I would love to see you attempt to defend yourself as an inmate in a Nazi concentration camp

and btw you forgot to say pants on fire...see ya on the playground....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:47 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Quote:

I would love to see you attempt to defend yourself as an inmate in a Nazi concentration camp

and btw you forgot to say pants on fire...see ya on the playground....

To the non feeble minded, my point was clearly that your "best defense" would be laughably ineffective against people such as the Nazis. I would enjoy watching you apply your theory of niceness as the best defense in such a place. I did not say that I want you in a concentration camp, except for the limited, specific, temporary purpose of demonstrating that your theory of self-defense is a crock.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:49 pm
just for educational purposes...to help me grow in my understanding...you would want to see me in a concentration camp... just for a little bit.....what a guy Brandon...full of tough love.....and backpedaling....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:50 pm
Brandon
Nazi's, concentration camps what the hell has that got to do with the price of tea?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 04:51 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:

My point was simply that his statement that politeness is the best defense is often wrong.

And our collective point is perhaps that you're very wrong.

I recently read a study on how to combat the constantly nagging, forever critical in-laws. The conclusion was that excessive politeness eventually corrected the in laws critical behaviors.
Now, you'll surely rebut by stating how different this is from international politics, but familial battles, workplace dispites are mere microcosms of what we see in the world.
No dispute has as it's only resolve,a gun to the head or a fist to the face. But I'm just one of those liberal pacifist educators who trys to teach tomorrow's youth that despite actions of professional athletes, actions of international leaders, there is a peaceful resolve to every situation.

The problem is that peaceful negotiations often require cooperation, sacrifice and compromise. Something the US, especially under Bush, is completely unwilling to endeavor.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:00 pm
The fact remains with the power that all nations possess or soon will possess if we do not learn to live together all those science fiction movies about an atomic war. May turn out not to be science fiction after all. The world is too small and the weapons to powerful to consider anything less.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:01 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
just for educational purposes...to help me grow in my understanding...you would want to see me in a concentration camp... just for a little bit.....what a guy Brandon...full of tough love.....and backpedaling....

Your defense consists entirely of obfuscating some pretty simple logic. I said that I would like to see you try your "best defense" theory in a Nazi concentration camp, not that I would like to see you there generally. I can go on playing your rather dull minded word games all night.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:03 pm
but I can't...I have rehearsal....perhaps you can amuse yourself by contemplating your pee pee or reading war comics...as my friend setanta would say okbye.....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:06 pm
au1929 wrote:
The fact remains with the power that all nations possess or soon will possess if we do not learn to live together all those science fiction movies about an atomic war. May turn out not to be science fiction after all. The world is too small and the weapons to powerful to consider anything less.

But there will always be irresponsible and criminal elements, and it is a feature of these weapons that a few clever guys with a few million can obtain them. As technology marches on, they become more accessible every day. Thus, as many people as possible learning to live together will not prevent millions from being obliterated by WMD. Anyway, we have to face the dangers in the world as they present themselves now, not as they might be in some future utopia.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 05:09 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:

And our collective point is perhaps that you're very wrong.

I recently read a study on how to combat the constantly nagging, forever critical in-laws. The conclusion was that excessive politeness eventually corrected the in laws critical behaviors.
Now, you'll surely rebut by stating how different this is from international politics, but familial battles, workplace dispites are mere microcosms of what we see in the world.
No dispute has as it's only resolve,a gun to the head or a fist to the face. But I'm just one of those liberal pacifist educators who trys to teach tomorrow's youth that despite actions of professional athletes, actions of international leaders, there is a peaceful resolve to every situation.

The problem is that peaceful negotiations often require cooperation, sacrifice and compromise. Something the US, especially under Bush, is completely unwilling to endeavor.

Being nice and trying to develop rapport with people often works, but sometimes it doesn't. You appear to be attempting to deny the existence of evil.
0 Replies