Send 40 million Bush inauguration money to tsunami victims

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 02:29 am
I have a suggestion for George W. Bush. Why don't you simplify your second term inauguration with a simple oath taking ceremony and send the $40 million dollars you would spend to the earthquake-tsunami victims? ---BBB
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,822 • Replies: 157
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 07:26 am
Yes, that sounds like a nice thing to do, but remember that a lot of people are actually working and that the inauguration will put food on their plates and pay their bills.

The US gov't has money for disaster aide.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:09 am
What you want Bush to miss a photo opportunity? He needs it to feed his ego. I would add with American kids dying in Iraq fighting his war it seems to me that the festivities planned are entirely inappropriate. No matter who is paying for it. His inauguration should be held in a closet.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:11 am
McGentrix wrote:
Yes, that sounds like a nice thing to do, but remember that a lot of people are actually working and that the inauguration will put food on their plates and pay their bills.

The US gov't has money for disaster aide.

Why not give them all the day off with pay and send the other 39million 500 thousand to the victims then? Of course Ted Nugent and Toby Keith might keep their deposits.....
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:13 am
I saw we don't send any money until it is asked for. Then make sure we are going to get a scratch on the back later.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:21 am
At http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/29/quake.aid/

Quote:
The United States is offering $35 million, Japan $30 million and the United Kingdom $28 million. Australia and Germany have pledged $27 million, France $20.4 million and Saudi Arabia $10 million.

What exactly are you blaming Bush for, aside from the fact that you just don't like him? His sin now is that he is going to be innaugurated?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:24 am
It doesn't cost 40 million to be inaugurated....I suspect that next people who disagree with the administration will be rounded up to begin moving the stones necessary to start construction on his Great Pyramid Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:25 am
Baldimo wrote:
I saw we don't send any money until it is asked for. Then make sure we are going to get a scratch on the back later.

How about some nice cookies to dip into that milk of human kindness?

I nominate this for the nastiest mean spirited and unfeeling post made since the inception of A2K. Very revealing.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:25 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
It doesn't cost 40 million to be inaugurated....I suspect that next people who disagree with the administration will be rounded up to begin moving the stones necessary to start construction on his Great Pyramid

Well, I have never been innaugurated, so I cannot speak authoritatively, but I suspect that some of the money goes to very extensive security.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:27 am
BPB
I will beg off that detail since my people have already given. :wink:
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:30 am
Brandon wrote
Quote:
Well, I have never been innaugurated, so I cannot speak authoritatively, but I suspect that some of the money goes to very extensive security.

How much security is needed in a closet?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:31 am
Mazel Tov...you are most certainly excused.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:34 am
au1929 wrote:
Brandon wrote
Quote:

How much security is needed in a closet?

In the age of terrorism which we presently live in, any public presidential event requires extensive security both before and during the event. Presidential security became much more extensive after JFK's assassination in Dallas. The idea that a presidential innauguration would not require extensive security is naive, to say the least.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:37 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
It doesn't cost 40 million to be inaugurated....I suspect that next people who disagree with the administration will be rounded up to begin moving the stones necessary to start construction on his Great Pyramid

Well, I have never been inaugurated, so I cannot speak authoritatively, but I suspect that some of the money goes to very extensive security.

which, without the giant "I love me" fest...would be unnecessary...tell you what...go to the people working the inauguration and give them the choice to stay home and send the money to the disaster victims and I'll bet what you'll see is a real..not a land on a flight deck pr.... but a real outpouring of the kind of American spirit bush likes to talk about.....and the majority of the people will opt to take the day off....write off the income...and send the money overseas. Of course there's a world of difference between the faux American spirit bush and his whatever they are he's surrounded with preach about in front of bunting and the true American spirit of our countries citizens....
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:38 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Well, I have never been inaugurated, so I cannot speak authoritatively, but I suspect that some of the money goes to very extensive security.

which, without the giant "I love me" fest...would be unnecessary...tell you what...go to the people working the inauguration and give them the choice to stay home and send the money to the disaster victims and I'll bet what you'll see is a real..not a land on a flight deck pr.... but a real outpouring of the kind of American spirit bush likes to talk about.....and the majority of the people will opt to take the day off....write off the income...and send the money overseas. Of course there's a world of difference between the faux American spirit bush and his whatever they are he's surrounded with preach about in front of bunting and the true American spirit of our countries citizens....

The bottom line is that you are criticizing him for having an innauguration, which is absurd.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:42 am
no, I am merely responding to the idea that was put forth by someone else that he forego the pomp and circumstance and donate that money.....that sort of personal and sincere gesture would do a hell of a lot for his national and global stock with people.... Harry Truman would have done it I bet....but believe me this is an academic exercise for me... no one is naive enough to think bush would miss a chance to show everyone how big his dick is.....
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:47 am
Bi-Polar Bear
You have a way with words. Laughing
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:55 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no, I am merely responding to the idea that was put forth by someone else that he forego the pomp and circumstance and donate that money.....that sort of personal and sincere gesture would do a hell of a lot for his national and global stock with people.... Harry Truman would have done it I bet....but believe me this is an academic exercise for me... no one is naive enough to think bush would miss a chance to show everyone how big his dick is.....

In fact, I am unaware of any president of the US having done what you suggest.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:58 am
au1929 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear
You have a way with words. Laughing

i thank you...i am humbled...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Dec, 2004 09:59 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

In fact, I am unaware of any president of the US having done what you suggest.

Thank you Captain Literal....
0 Replies