When Assault Should Be Legal

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:26 pm
This has happened to me many times, and while I'm usually a patient person, it pisses me off.

Scenario:

In line at CVS, woman in front of me at checkout. Transaction is completed, cashier hands her change. She takes her change, puts her pocketbook up on the counter directly in front of the cashier, begins to put her cash and receipt away at a very slow pace. This takes a minute, cashier standing there waiting, me standing behind.

All the bitch has to do is take her bag, pocketbook, change, and step 1 or two steps over to get herself together so the next person can get up and checkout. That's what I do when there's people behind me. But like the person that parks their carriage in the middle of the aisle and starts walking around, she's just oblivious and ignorant.

I feel in this situation a firm slap to the head should be legal. Cop would show up, and say, "it's illegal to slap someone in the head." You can say "but the bitch was holding up the line," and the cop would approvingly let you go with a smile and a handshake. Or at least a loud "MOVE WOMAN BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE STOMACH!"(or something like that) without dirty looks thrown your way should be permitted.

Just part of my quest to make the world a better place...for me.

Does anyone else find this annoying?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,537 • Replies: 45
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:34 pm
So I was in CVS when this guy behind me starts complaining that I'm moving too slowly. I try to move out of the way, but the displays and gum for sale are all far too distracting.

I then hit him over the head with my purse.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 04:54 pm
Whatever happened to being pleasantly patient during the holiday season?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:06 pm
natural selection will take care of these bush voters soon enough Slap....it's in Gods hands now....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:18 pm
I'm currently on the waiting list for the "DrewDad only lane" at multiple store locations....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 05:45 pm
superjuly wrote:
Whatever happened to being pleasantly patient during the holiday season?

Where did I mention that I have actually ever said anything to someone? All I'm saying is it's f'n annoying as all hell, and there's too many obvlivious people out there.

I'm as patient a person you'll meet. I should actually bitch more than I do.
0 Replies

superjuly

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:11 pm
No need to get on the defensive, Mr. Doo Hoo.
As a matter of fact, I find that very annoying as well. I'm not patient. And I'm sure I've been that "bitch" sometimes. Sh*t happens.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:52 pm
When someone is holding me up like that, I find a nice pungent one cheek sneak cheers me up and makes the time fly.....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 07:56 pm
Terrance and Phillips their ass.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 08:00 pm
superjuly wrote:
.. As a matter of fact, I find that very annoying as well. I'm not patient. And I'm sure I've been that "bitch" sometimes. Sh*t happens.

Yes.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:06 pm
I hate when people park their carts in the middle of the aisle!

Or how about when people leave their car doors open while getting in or out of their car while parked on a narrow and busy city street?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:21 pm
Littlek, that's grounds for shooting them between the eyes with acid from your squirt gun.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:22 pm
Hoooyeah! I need to go find my supersoaker.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:29 pm
I used to have one, and we'd drive around in a car shooting people on the sidewalk..with water of course.

Then a few weeks ago we got caught and my mom punished me.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:30 pm
<snort>

I was in Adams-Morgan in DC during a festival and someone was squirting people with acidic something or other from an upstairs apartment window. My sister got it in the eyes.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:41 pm
Well that sucks.

I hate it when there's multiple cashiers and someone tries to cut you when another lane opens.

Grounds for chopping their toes off.
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:47 pm
What I find annoying is, after you hand cash to the cashier, she decides to take her time and straighten every bill, making sure every president is facing the same direction as the ones in the drawer.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:51 pm
Yea, but there's a reason: cashiers have to hand their money in that way. I know because I used to proudly hold the title of "cashier" at a grocery store.

I was a damn fine one, too.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:51 pm
What is this "cash" you guys refer to? Is that a type of debit card?

:wink:
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Sun 26 Dec, 2004 09:53 pm
Slappy, they shouldn't hold up the line to house clean.
0 Replies