The so-called left-leaning media....

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:12 pm
I've been reading through lots of political threads today...and a realization hit me that truly has escaped me until just now.

When reading through those threads...one sees dozens of references to "liberal press" "left leaning media" and stuff like that.

And in one of the threads, where I mentioned that I was not a liberal...and that one does not have to be a liberal to see Ameican conservatism for the piece of garbage political philosophy that it is....conservatives have gone out of their way to scoff at the notion that I am not a liberal.

In their minds...anyone who does not toe the conservative line completely...is a lefty...a liberal...a pinko.

So by extention...for them...unless the media is 100% in their camp...it is left leaning...or liberal biased.

They are nuts.

They are simplistic.

But that truly is the problem.

No wonder they think the media is left leaning.

If it is impartial....and I think the majority of the media is impartial...in their minds, conservatives see it as prejudiced...and liberal.

What a bunch of clowns.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,534 • Replies: 48
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:15 pm
I agree.

Its almost like they think the media is some sweaty guy with ink stained hands instead of a huge corproate conglomerate.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:15 pm
That's a nice liberal speech, Frank.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:23 pm
Re: The so-called left-leaning media....
Frank Apisa wrote:
If it is impartial....and I think the majority of the media is impartial...in their minds, conservatives see it as prejudiced...and liberal.

What a bunch of clowns.

Interestingly, it works the other way around too of course. I'd guess you could find an equeal number of posts claiming the press is "covering up for Bush" or similar things if you tried. How many posts are there from people complaining about FOX News?

Impartial is in the eye of the beholder.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:27 pm
The gym I work out at shows CNN on one of it's four TV's. Almost every time I am there, which is about three times a week for an hour and a half, I see an article on Clinton on CNN. It's ridiculous.
0 Replies

primergray

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:47 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

In their minds...anyone who does not toe the conservative line completely...is a lefty...a liberal...a pinko.

Two sides to a coin
Left/Right
One of us/One of them
On/Off
One/Zero

Binary thinking.

Oh well.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 20 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
You have seen FreeDuck's thread, right? I mean, left?

The center is a myth....
0 Replies

Einherjar

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:23 am
fishin' wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

What a bunch of clowns.

Interestingly, it works the other way around too of course. I'd guess you could find an equeal number of posts claiming the press is "covering up for Bush" or similar things if you tried. How many posts are there from people complaining about FOX News?

Impartial is in the eye of the beholder.

Fox "news" are biased as a matter of policy.
0 Replies

Magus

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:11 am
Fascism requires complete acquiescence and blind adherence.
To a Fascist, any deviation from the Party Line or any inclination toward "fairness" is therefore inherently "Leftist".
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:13 am
McGentrix wrote:

Spankings for McG.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:16 am
Magus wrote:
Fascism requires complete acquiescence and blind adherence.
To a Fascist, any deviation from the Party Line or any inclination toward "fairness" is therefore inherently "Leftist".

Absolutely!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:19 am
FreeDuck wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Spankings for McG.

In McG's defense, Duck...he does joke around often.

I'm pretty sure this was intended as a joke.

Ironically, it does help to substantiate my point!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:20 am
Oh, I know. I meant the spankings as a joke too.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:22 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Oh, I know. I meant the spankings as a joke too.

Oh, nuts. I thought you were really gonna lay one on him! :wink:
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 08:25 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:31 pm
In the absence of a "true" reality, the one reported by Faux news will suffice for the majority of conservatives.

I actually LOVE how all conservative pundits try to pass off CNN as "liberal" media. Would "liberal" media hire Robert Novak as an op-ed writer? If you want to think of it this way, it would be like having Newsmax hire Krugman.

The "liberal media" myth is just that, a myth. It has been devised to hide the true meaning of the media, a strong neo-conservative voice which brodcasts on all outlets.

I guess they never read Blinded by the Right

Smile
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:41 pm
It can't be a myth. There are too many liberal media outlets like CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN for it to be a mere myth.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:54 pm
Joe...

...you are missing the point.

Unless the organ backs the conservative agenda 100%...conservatives like McG will consider it to be liberal.

Yeah...it is stupid...but what the hell. Stupidity is a form of consistency for conservatives.
0 Replies

Joe Republican

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:58 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It can't be a myth. There are too many liberal media outlets like CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN for it to be a mere myth.

Again, do you want to examine the points of the myth? Why do you think CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN are the "liberal" media? Because they don't spew out the BS rhetoric and lies that Faux News does?

There is NO "liberal" station like Faux News, none. Faux doesn't lean, it falls right over. It does nothing to descern the truth and it constantly lies to its viewers. Do you want specific examples, or are you going to take my word for it?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 21 Dec, 2004 05:59 pm
Huh. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were calling me stupid...

However, since I know you would never do that let's take a looksee what you said.

Unless the news organization backs the conservative agenda, it is liberal. If that is true, the the reverse of that , unless a news organization backs the liberal agenda, it is conservative, must also be true.

I do not believe that to be my point, but apparently it is yours. Why would you be so narrow minded Frank? Can't there be a middle ground? Must everything be so black & white with you?
0 Replies