Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 08:31 am
Oh that Stoneham? Stoneham America. Not Stoneham near Lewes E Sussex? :wink:

I wonder if there is anyone who lives there and works in Chelmsford Essex?

Anyway the subject of this thread is Beer. And I'm going for one (later) http://www.crouch-vale.co.uk/
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:09 am
Cheers
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:13 am
And to you mate. Dont Monday's drag?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:22 am
...and today is Mondayer than most.

I was up late watching the local basketball side fail to nail down the
L.A. Lakers' coffin lid.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:37 am
I was watching Czech Republic against Turkey in the euro 2008 finals. What a fantastic game! First half Turkey were rubbish. Czechs scored twice. Second half Turks came out like men possessed, scored 3 (winner with a few seconds to go) to progress to the quarter finals. I was supporting Czech Republic (Turkey aren't even in Europe last time I consulted my atlas).
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 11:52 am
George wrote:
I'm in Chelmsford (the one in Massachusetts) even as we speak.
Er, write.

Good to know. I'll call you when I get lost there. (And that's a "when", not an "if".)
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 11:59 am
You can call even if you don't.
We can have a few brews and both get lost.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 12:29 pm
George wrote:
You can call even if you don't.
We can have a few brews and both get lost.

I will, when the date approaches and the schedule shapes up.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:09 pm
farmerman wrote:
Have you tried Yuenglings CHESTERFIELD ALE yet? Its made in Wilkes Barre and Pottsville Pa. You can get to Pa by rt 80 W .
Its an IPA type with a very high hop flavor. Some people dont like it for that reason but when I needed beer, I always sought it ought.

I just checked with my liquor store -- they do have a Yuengling beer. But it's only one, and it's called "Original Amber". On this one, they did an honest brewing job. It's a good beer, but in my taste, not an outstanding one. I forgot to ask the liquor store owner if he can get me "Chesterfield Ale". Will do that tomorrow.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:35 pm
They're building a huge Munchen hofbrau at Cupertino Square, about two miles from where we live, but there are rumors that the owners of the shopping center property has mortgage payment delinquency problems.

If they do open, it'll be huge.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:52 pm
What is it they're opening: A brewery or a restaurant? Or maybe even a Biergarten?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:55 pm
I think it's a biergarten.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 02:59 pm
Okay, CI, my next move will be to California.

Farmerman, my liquor store ordered a box of Chesterfield Ale just for me. After Yuengling's Traditional Lager and their Black and Tan, both of which are pretty good, Chesterfield Ale is now the one I like best so far. Good choice, and thanks for the tip!

Meanwhile, my meetings in Chelmsford are narrowed down to two weekends. We're running a bit late, and it looks like I'm going to be available either on July 19-20 or July 26-27. Plus, when I told my colleagues that I'd probably be spending the weekend in Boston, they told me they're flexible between Monday meetings and Friday meetings. It looks like I can be pretty accommodating to you, George and littlek. So please let me know what works for you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Jul, 2008 03:57 pm
Thomas, No rush; I think the shopping center is having some financial problems that pretty much stopped most of their new renovations. The Opening Soon sign has been up for about two years now.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 10:34 am
i bet thomas' right arm will get plenty of exercise testing all the american beers - and if he runs out of choices , he will be welcome to try some canadian brands on-site .

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z38/maschi_photos/urlaub5biertrinker.jpg

thomas :
plenty of canadian pubs have become micro-breweries that make their own beer on-site .

here you can find the micro-breweries in toronto :

TORONTO MICRO-BREWERIES

once you have completed your taste test of toronto micro-brews , you may want to wander farther afield - but don't lose your direction Laughing
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 11:25 am
hamburger wrote:
i bet thomas' right arm will get plenty of exercise testing all the american beers

Not nearly enough -- American beer tends to come in miniscule sizes, usually 12oz. They make for lousy workouts. To little weight, too many reps. I hope the Canadian ones are heavier.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 05:45 pm
thomas :
in ontario you can buy beer by the keg , if you wish , from 20 l to 58 l ;
big enough for you ? :wink:
large bottles of imported beer are sold through ontario liquor store outlets - plenty of choices of brands and sizes available .
in restaurants and pubs they will happily sell you a "jug" of beer - not sure of the size - but usually 2 to 3 guys will share one ... and order another one .
hbg

link :
ONTARIO BEER STORE
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 11:58 am
Thomas wrote:
...Meanwhile, my meetings in Chelmsford are narrowed down to two weekends. We're running a bit late, and it looks like I'm going to be available either on July 19-20 or July 26-27...

I'm in Miami July 25-27 (there's a good idea, Florida in July!), so maybe
we can plan on meeting next weekend?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 12:28 pm
Here in Michigan I generally drink the canadian stuff or Miller Lite because it is the freshest. I'd drink more Bell's (from Portage, MI), but it's damned expensive. Their Oberon is a Wheat Ale that is great all year but especially good in summer. It's a product Michigan really should get behind - but the ultra-conservative Dutch prefer dry counties.

http://www.bellsbeer.com
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 12:53 pm
George wrote:
Thomas wrote:
...Meanwhile, my meetings in Chelmsford are narrowed down to two weekends. We're running a bit late, and it looks like I'm going to be available either on July 19-20 or July 26-27...

I'm in Miami July 25-27 (there's a good idea, Florida in July!), so maybe
we can plan on meeting next weekend?

U-oh! We scheduled the workshop for Friday the 25th the day before yesterday. (I meant to post it here, sorry I forgot.) We'll have to meet up on my next trip to the Boston area, which is bound to happen sooner or later. And of course, if you ever come to New Jersey, you're welcome in Metuchen anytime.
0 Replies