George

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:23 pm
No problem, reschedule it in Miami!
Yeah, right.

I'll have to enter this contest I just found.
"First Prize -- 1 week in Metuchen"
"Second Prize -- 2 weeks in Metuchen"

Getting back on topic, I'm going to drown my disappointment in Blue
Moon Belgian White.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:23 pm
tonight! beer! weeeeeee!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:47 pm
George wrote:
I'll have to enter this contest I just found.
"First Prize -- 1 week in Metuchen"
"Second Prize -- 2 weeks in Metuchen"

Laughing

I'd reschedule in Miami, but unfortunately Interstate 95 is no Autobahn, so I can't make it in time. (65mph! You call this a free country???)

dagmaraka wrote:
tonight! beer! weeeeeee!

Perfect weather for it. I'll drink a bottle in your honor too. Cheers!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:20 pm
thomas wrote :

Quote:
I'd reschedule in Miami, but unfortunately Interstate 95 is no Autobahn, so I can't make it in time. (65mph! You call this a free country???)

as my b-i-l would say when visiting canada : "why are all these cars standing still ? " :wink:
hbg
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 02:39 pm
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 05:57 pm
is it "BYE , BYE , BUD ! " next ?

Quote:
Anheuser-Busch confirms $65 a share bid from InBev

By Sue Chang
Last update: 4:54 p.m. EDT June 11, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Anheuser-Busch Cos. (BUD Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc) late Wednesday confirmed it received an unsolicited, non-binding proposal from Belgium-based InBev to buy all outstanding shares of Anheuser-Busch for $65 a share in cash. Anheuser-Busch's board will evaluate the proposal within the context of all critical factors, including its long-term strategic plan. "The board will review the merits of the proposal consistent with its fiduciary duties and in consultation with its financial and legal advisers. The board will pursue the course of action that is in the best interests of Anheuser-Busch's stockholders," said the U.S. brewer in a statement. The board is expected to make its decision regarding the deal in "due course," it said.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 05:32 pm
Not a bad day off. First I was running late for a haircut when they called and asked if I could come in a half hour later.
On my way back I stop over at my favorite liquor store and asked for some single malt reccommendations. A guy comes over from an adjacent room and invites in to a private single malt tasting for Glenmorangie that they were having for the employees. So after the dubious task of drinking single malt scotch for a half an hour I got back to the businees at hand, buying beer. I was looking for some new IPA to try and asked if Rogue had any available because one of my favorite all around beers is Dead Guy Ale. Well they don't make an IPA but they just introduced Double Dead Guy Ale last week.
Great ale with hints of toffee and caramel, a bit sweet at first then the hops give it a good finish.
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:15 pm
@sublime1,
Oh yeah!
I......................................I...................................... (thud)
spendius

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:19 pm
@shewolfnm,
I'll drink any beer. 3% is a bit hard to take though and anything less is gnat's piss.
sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:23 pm
@shewolfnm,
Hi there Shewolf, uh shewolf... you ok?

(looks around and takes advantage of shewolf before she wakes up)
sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:24 pm
@spendius,
The double dead guy is 9%
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 06:58 pm
@sublime1,
oh..my ............

(thud)
sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 07:17 pm
@shewolfnm,
(realizes shewolf isn't really passed out but takes advantage of her again anyway)
Thomas

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 07:25 pm
@sublime1,
Hey, good to see you, Sublime! <raises the last of his two Augustiner Edelstoff bottles he could bring from his last German trip>

Any luck with the Oktoberfest yet?
sublime1

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2008 07:32 pm
@Thomas,
Hi there Thomas, next year is looking good. My friend goes on one big trip a year and his wifes friend just got back from Germany and has convinced her to go and my friend is trying to convince her that Munich in Sept is when they should go.

I heard they tried to ban smoking in the beer tents.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 01:24 pm
I have to howl out a warning that the Yuengling brewery in Pennsylvania sells highly addictive products. Four days in San Diego, and I'm already developing serious withdrawal symptoms.

(On the flip side, they're making good wines here on the West Coast. That redeems a lot.)
littlek

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 03:50 pm
@Thomas,
San Diego is the home of Stone Brewery (makers of Arrogant Bastard Ale).
Thomas

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 08:18 pm
@littlek,
That's all you had to say to make me happy, Kris!

Making me even happier is the India Pale Ale, also by the Stone Brewery, standing right next to the Arrogant Bastard in the same grocery store. I just tried it; it's just as delicious. Let me give you a big beer hug, er, bear hug. Your post made my evening!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 08:21 pm
@Thomas,
CA and further north have some fine whadya callems, boutique beers? artisanal beers? (I'm not a beer person and forget these things.) I like Down Town Brown myself, but am no judge.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 08:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Hmmm, there's a mediocre but friendly (they all recognize the Dys) burger joint/beer bar in our immediate west side neighborhood, called Spinns. I've sworn I'd never go there again for food except maybe appetizers. Reasonably extensive selection of beers I've never heard of. Diane and I split something like Moose Dung (I'm making that up, but it's close) and liked it.