Men are Egotistical assholes

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 08:55 am
Who do not understand women end of story.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 15 • Views: 6,317 • Replies: 54

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 09:04 am
@soccrateez,
So, do you like to generalize a great deal of the time?

Meantime, welcome to A2K.
soccrateez

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 09:13 am
@ossobucotemp,
Not at all that is all based on extensive studies.
jespah

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 10:23 am
@soccrateez,
How big is your sample size? Do you have any peer-reviewed journal articles?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 10:35 am
looks like ossoB, jes and I know all of the exceptions to your rule.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 11:37 am
@soccrateez,
Yes, men turn into that after being assailed by constant nagging and selfishness coming from their women.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 11:42 am
Most attractive women love men who are aggressive and disrespectful to others. Every man who is single notices that his friends who are jerks attract the most women. That is why we act this way.

There are lots of guys out there who are kind and respectful. They get passed over because generally they don't come across as dominant. Women tend to ignore them.

Find one of these guys. They will be very happy if you pay any attention to them. Many of them are available. However, you will have to do a little work... these aren't the type of men who will chase after you. I think this is why many women don't even notice them.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 11:48 am
@maxdancona,
You're not kidding, are you, Max?

Let's fix you up with the opening poster.
Setanta

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:06 pm
Although the OP seems to be pretty vile, and Max is the poster child for assholish dudes, fixing them up would probably qualify as cruel and unusual punishment to the OP.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:17 pm
@Setanta,
True. I'll reneg on the idea. Made myself laugh though, for a minute.

I'm suddenly, as if by surprise, an old woman. The good part of that is that I've known a lot of men and women, some of the men lovers, and one I married for a long bunch of years. I haven't really known men like these two are talking about. Maybe in some class or other, and, sure, I've read about jerks since I'm a pretty fair reader, but they haven't been prolific in my own life, thank lordy and pass the ammunition.

Maybe certain parts of the US are more prone to develop jerk-0-rama episodes. That's just a wild guess.
I forgot to mention that I was in early days not awful on the eyes, as max would be apt to surmise.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:22 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Max is the poster child for assholish dudes

Thank you Setanta! That is the kindest thing you have ever said to me.

I want to point out that we assholish dudes are people too. We get up and go to work. We care about our friends. We love the theater. We kiss our children as we tuck them in at night.

Just like everyone else, we assholish dudes are just looking for love and acceptance.

Why are the non-assholish dudes such bullies?

maxdancona

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Osso,

Setanta is a bully. I know you are kind of in with the in-crowd, but you are better than this.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 12:28 pm
@maxdancona,
Don't instruct me.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 01:14 pm
@maxdancona,
IMO when you refer to yourself as being "assholish," you're being sarcastic, of course. I would never consider you to be a bully, and I definitely don't consider myself to be part of the A2K in-crowd.

I know what you mean by some attractive young women. I couldn't have been paid to date any of the shallow, superficial social climbers I knew in high school. They were repulsive to me.

But with regard to the young women you speak of, I must say that there are attractive young women who aren't attracted to "assholes" and are looking for a nice guy. The problem is they don't seem to have the same visibility as the pretty, but shallow gals. Before they got married, my two daughters were among them. Both of them are now married to nice guys -- great sons-in-law!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 03:47 pm
0 Replies

tibbleinparadise

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 05:39 pm
@soccrateez,
Maybe we all need to join hands and sing Kumbaya, I'm not feeling any love in this thread.

Or maybe a solid diversion....

Hey, I heard Trump was in cahoots with the Russians!!
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 08:00 pm
@tibbleinparadise,
I heard that hurricane Irma was just a liberal scare tactic!
roger

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 09:33 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Yep. When the facts come in, that will be the end of the global warming hoax. I think it was Rush that uncovered the whole plot. I do have to wonder why he left Florida, though.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 09:47 pm
@roger,
$€%#, Rush left Florida???????? Please God, I hope Ann was man enough to stay and scare off the storm.
roger

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2017 09:55 pm
@glitterbag,
He did.

I understand he thought he wouldn't be able to broadcast if the transmitter went down (heh heh).
0 Replies