11

Men are Egotistical assholes

ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 02:41 pm
@Foofie,
I and many many more have regarded Raoul Wallenbuerg highly. I like the photo as well.

I don't easily understand Foofie, since he or she seems to have quite narrow (or skewed) interests outside of wherever he or she lives. He or she generally shows little interest in the world.

2  
Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
42 years ago, I managed to separate and finally divorce a brutal and cruel man. I thought I would never marry again, I never wanted to be that miserable ever again. But I did eventually meet a man who (was perfect for me) was honorable, extremely intelligent and I never wanted to be away from........he's been the father my son needed and certainly deserved and a much better husband than I deserve. I would rather have all my hair pulled out than embarrass or be disrespectful to my husband. I'm not talking about being subservient, that doesn't exist in our marriage. We rely on each other for different strengths, it's worked for us and I hope he's as happy and content as I am. This coming Feb we will be married 39 years......it has not been an endurace test....I still love our conversations.....we can discuss and differ on politics, religion and almost everything else. But, he is not an egotistical asshole......neither was my Dad.......my brother, however is entirely a different animal. So far, HE has abandoned two marriages and a total of 4 children. He's special.

Foofie

1  
Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:34 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Quite true; however, as an amateur student of history, I perceive the world as quite self-centered, and only the United States of America (WASP America) found a value in my family being here. Europe no. Russia no. So, just give me U.S. culture, preferably middle-class a la Leave It To Beaver, or a la the Andy Griffith Show.

I understand that many of your contemporaries might want to "love the world"; however, why should I be burdened in this one life to love those that find my presence an anachronism, or a novelty? Who was it that said, "How ye sow, so shall ye reap."

While Raoul Wallenburg did save Jews, he was an individual outlier in a Europe, that in my opinion, was having a catharsis in the Holocaust that was the culmination of two-thousand years of promulgating Jew hating in Europe. I prefer the story I read where there was a town in the mountains of France inhabited by French Huguenots (Protestants), and collectively saved (hid) many Jews that came to them. Here I believe was a people that was guided by their faith, and personally had experience dealing with efforts to eradicate them since the Inquisition.

ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:57 pm
I remember reading that some time ago.