Men are Egotistical assholes

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 02:41 pm
@Foofie,
I and many many more have regarded Raoul Wallenbuerg highly. I like the photo as well.

I don't easily understand Foofie, since he or she seems to have quite narrow (or skewed) interests outside of wherever he or she lives. He or she generally shows little interest in the world.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
42 years ago, I managed to separate and finally divorce a brutal and cruel man. I thought I would never marry again, I never wanted to be that miserable ever again. But I did eventually meet a man who (was perfect for me) was honorable, extremely intelligent and I never wanted to be away from........he's been the father my son needed and certainly deserved and a much better husband than I deserve. I would rather have all my hair pulled out than embarrass or be disrespectful to my husband. I'm not talking about being subservient, that doesn't exist in our marriage. We rely on each other for different strengths, it's worked for us and I hope he's as happy and content as I am. This coming Feb we will be married 39 years......it has not been an endurace test....I still love our conversations.....we can discuss and differ on politics, religion and almost everything else. But, he is not an egotistical asshole......neither was my Dad.......my brother, however is entirely a different animal. So far, HE has abandoned two marriages and a total of 4 children. He's special.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:34 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

I and many many more have regarded Raoul Wallenbuerg highly. I like the photo as well.

I don't easily understand Foofie, since he or she seems to have quite narrow (or skewed) interests outside of wherever he or she lives. He or she generally shows little interest in the world.

Quite true; however, as an amateur student of history, I perceive the world as quite self-centered, and only the United States of America (WASP America) found a value in my family being here. Europe no. Russia no. So, just give me U.S. culture, preferably middle-class a la Leave It To Beaver, or a la the Andy Griffith Show.

I understand that many of your contemporaries might want to "love the world"; however, why should I be burdened in this one life to love those that find my presence an anachronism, or a novelty? Who was it that said, "How ye sow, so shall ye reap."

While Raoul Wallenburg did save Jews, he was an individual outlier in a Europe, that in my opinion, was having a catharsis in the Holocaust that was the culmination of two-thousand years of promulgating Jew hating in Europe. I prefer the story I read where there was a town in the mountains of France inhabited by French Huguenots (Protestants), and collectively saved (hid) many Jews that came to them. Here I believe was a people that was guided by their faith, and personally had experience dealing with efforts to eradicate them since the Inquisition.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:57 pm
I remember reading that some time ago.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 07:01 am
@soccrateez,
soccrateez wrote:
Who do not understand women end of story.

What the **** are you talking about?
Foofie

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 02:16 pm
@maxdancona,
You are not an asshole in my opinion. I believe the social class that you are a member of can make some feel uncomfortable with your social mores. Just my opinion, from decades of observations.

Anyway, "an asshole" is such a subjective putdown; one should say, ", because..." If one speaks well, one can communicate one's thoughts.
0 Replies

Razzleg

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:04 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

soccrateez wrote:

What the **** are you talking about?

Unintentional parody?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:53 am
@Razzleg,
I see what they say about Americans and irony is true.
0 Replies

celebritydiscodave

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 01:39 am
@soccrateez,
I do n`t entirely disagree, romance is the main pathway to "significant" relationships between the genders, certainly the main pathway to love - Whilst it tends to being the female whom makes most of the final decision as to whom the partner will be, the male, I`d argue, tends to playing the dominant role. Thus, the male is tending to play the dominant role in a relationship which tends to being highly egoistic. There is also the tendency for males to have more superficial values in their relationships than females. I believe that there may well be epidemiological evidence to suggest in this direction. Obviously though, and quite irrespective of gender, a proportion of us are individuals/ are not quite so easily determined. Soccrateez, one cannot even hint to anything other than popular opinion without ridicule, never mind when one over states. This is exactly what social philosophy is about though. You demonstrate uncommon courage of conviction, and I second you, for I too believe that there is truth to be found in your words. Ego tends to play too larger part in the life of the average male, and when compared to the average female, of a given generation. This I believe, but is only speculation. Ego tends to playing a highly substantial role in the lives of us all I hasten to add. Females may on average be better equipped in putting some ego to one side. For one thing, they are first in line when having to adjust to their off springs put downs. I have no problem with your language for it draws attention to your proclamation, and it exists on that same emotional level of actual experience. Social philosophers are never liked people, more especially those that have the most to say.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 02:33 am
@celebritydiscodave,
A'wight Dave? Where've you been?
0 Replies

soccrateez

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 06:26 pm
@celebritydiscodave,
You my friend have a extraordinary perspective with the only relevant response here (My apologies for the late response). All the other replies were using the most common Outliers --- whether based upon experience, defaming or just blatantly trying to disprove. Much respect to you.
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2017 07:57 pm
@soccrateez,
soccrateez wrote:

...that is all based on extensive studies.

How can you expect any credibility spouting juvenile unsupportable emotional nonsense like this?
Some bad man just dump you?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 1 Dec, 2017 03:43 am
@soccrateez,
Yes man, the average man I mean, are a little bit "autistic" because they are hard wired in that way......so what? Women can be talking parrots and an emotional contradictory roller-coaster! I accept them exactly for what they are and even come to the point of enjoying their shortcomings...I find it all sweet!
...of course if you don't like a certain kind of man, the average Joe, you can always try to figure out your ideal "target market". If it is the case you don't like all sorts of men's out there, hey, try a girl!
0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2017 08:30 am
@soccrateez,
Can we shorten that to "MOST MEN"...not ALL. I had a wonderful husband who was suddenly taken from me. Perfect (for me) in every way except a few small things that aren't worth mentioning, like constantly wrinkling the bathroom rugs (LOL) The men BEFORE him were assholes, and the man AFTER him was an asshole. End of.
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Sun 10 Dec, 2017 09:36 am
@soccrateez,
soccrateez wrote:

Has to be true. Just take Oidipous and Freud. I mean, it's obvious Freud knew this too, and that's why he named his famous complex after the guy: after all, what better way to underline the egotistical nature of the subspecies Home arseholus, a.k.a. men, then to use Oedipus, the guy with the thought process:
"Heck, my mom's a juicy piece of ***, I wanna tap that, but my dad won't like it. He's king too. I wanna be king! Let's kill my dad! Then I can marry my mom. She won't care. Oh sh*t, it seemed she did care after all. Man, suicide sucks: I'm not into necrophilia! But hey, let's stab out my eyes, so the last thing I see is her veejay. My daughter can spend the rest of her life guiding me around, what else is she going to do with it?"

Hem. Just to make sure, I'll add that this was... err... sarcastic I suppose. Please don't bury me in hate. Please don't point out some of the glaring plotholes in there either, it's hard to get the assholistic(God, I want that to be a word... Please, can this be a real word?) nature of men across in a short paragraph otherwise.
0 Replies