14

Men are Egotistical assholes

ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 02:41 pm
@Foofie,
I and many many more have regarded Raoul Wallenbuerg highly. I like the photo as well.

I don't easily understand Foofie, since he or she seems to have quite narrow (or skewed) interests outside of wherever he or she lives. He or she generally shows little interest in the world.

3  
Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:37 pm
@ossobucotemp,
42 years ago, I managed to separate and finally divorce a brutal and cruel man. I thought I would never marry again, I never wanted to be that miserable ever again. But I did eventually meet a man who (was perfect for me) was honorable, extremely intelligent and I never wanted to be away from........he's been the father my son needed and certainly deserved and a much better husband than I deserve. I would rather have all my hair pulled out than embarrass or be disrespectful to my husband. I'm not talking about being subservient, that doesn't exist in our marriage. We rely on each other for different strengths, it's worked for us and I hope he's as happy and content as I am. This coming Feb we will be married 39 years......it has not been an endurace test....I still love our conversations.....we can discuss and differ on politics, religion and almost everything else. But, he is not an egotistical asshole......neither was my Dad.......my brother, however is entirely a different animal. So far, HE has abandoned two marriages and a total of 4 children. He's special.

Foofie

1  
Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:34 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:

Quite true; however, as an amateur student of history, I perceive the world as quite self-centered, and only the United States of America (WASP America) found a value in my family being here. Europe no. Russia no. So, just give me U.S. culture, preferably middle-class a la Leave It To Beaver, or a la the Andy Griffith Show.

I understand that many of your contemporaries might want to "love the world"; however, why should I be burdened in this one life to love those that find my presence an anachronism, or a novelty? Who was it that said, "How ye sow, so shall ye reap."

While Raoul Wallenburg did save Jews, he was an individual outlier in a Europe, that in my opinion, was having a catharsis in the Holocaust that was the culmination of two-thousand years of promulgating Jew hating in Europe. I prefer the story I read where there was a town in the mountains of France inhabited by French Huguenots (Protestants), and collectively saved (hid) many Jews that came to them. Here I believe was a people that was guided by their faith, and personally had experience dealing with efforts to eradicate them since the Inquisition.

ossobucotemp

1  
Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2017 02:57 pm
I remember reading that some time ago.

1  
Reply Sun 1 Oct, 2017 07:01 am
@soccrateez,
soccrateez wrote:
Men are Egotistical assholes
Who do not understand women end of story.

What the **** are you talking about?
Foofie

1  
Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2017 02:16 pm
@maxdancona,
You are not an asshole in my opinion. I believe the social class that you are a member of can make some feel uncomfortable with your social mores. Just my opinion, from decades of observations.

Anyway, "an asshole" is such a subjective putdown; one should say, ", because..." If one speaks well, one can communicate one's thoughts.

Razzleg

1  
Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:04 am
izzythepush wrote:

soccrateez wrote:
Men are Egotistical assholes

What the **** are you talking about?

Unintentional parody?

1  
Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 12:53 am
@Razzleg,
I see what they say about Americans and irony is true.

celebritydiscodave

1  
Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 01:39 am
@soccrateez,
I do n`t entirely disagree, romance is the main pathway to "significant" relationships between the genders, certainly the main pathway to love - Whilst it tends to being the female whom makes most of the final decision as to whom the partner will be, the male, I`d argue, tends to playing the dominant role. Thus, the male is tending to play the dominant role in a relationship which tends to being highly egoistic. There is also the tendency for males to have more superficial values in their relationships than females. I believe that there may well be epidemiological evidence to suggest in this direction. Obviously though, and quite irrespective of gender, a proportion of us are individuals/ are not quite so easily determined. Soccrateez, one cannot even hint to anything other than popular opinion without ridicule, never mind when one over states. This is exactly what social philosophy is about though. You demonstrate uncommon courage of conviction, and I second you, for I too believe that there is truth to be found in your words. Ego tends to play too larger part in the life of the average male, and when compared to the average female, of a given generation. This I believe, but is only speculation. Ego tends to playing a highly substantial role in the lives of us all I hasten to add. Females may on average be better equipped in putting some ego to one side. For one thing, they are first in line when having to adjust to their off springs put downs. I have no problem with your language for it draws attention to your proclamation, and it exists on that same emotional level of actual experience. Social philosophers are never liked people, more especially those that have the most to say.

1  
Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2017 02:33 am
@celebritydiscodave,
A'wight Dave? Where've you been?