Clara Harris -Murder with "Sudden passion"

New Haven

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 12:03 pm
Don't forget the red-hot chili and the drink, they call "Beer"! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 12:23 pm
This is one Texan that does not drink beer.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 03:52 pm
In Texas any where north of the state line is a yankee.

Snood, I was a Navy wife many years ago and I worked for the Navy for about 8 or 9 years.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 07:43 pm
Regional antagonisms must be lessening nowadays.
All these Texans are saying 'Yankee' without a 'damn' in front of it! :wink:

not yet anyway
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 07:54 pm
Hi jjorge, why would it matter anymore? Austin is more like California. So many moved here during the 60s and 70s. Every other person walking around U. of Texas campus there seems to be Asian. I really do think it the best city in the U.S.

Tex-Star
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 07:57 pm
Oh, about Mrs. Harris. Who do you think should play this lady in the movie about her, if it's made. Gee, she has spent one whole day in jail. Poor lady, what a very stupid thing to do.

Tex-Star
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 08:04 pm
Tex, I'm thinking she bears a resemblance to Diane Lane.

(Wait a minute...this isn't the thread on Mexican food, is it?)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 08:21 pm
Tex-Star

I hear a lot of great things about Austin, that it's a terrific place to live.
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 08:22 pm
Yeah, sometimes we have to check and see from which thread we digressed. Don't think it's the cooking thread, yet.
Snood ran away.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 10:17 pm
I used to get to Austin now and again. I was there the day the guy was in the university tower shooting people. Last time I was there I saw lots of new building. We were going through to visit someone living across a lake from Willie Nelson's property. That was possibly twelve years ago. But anybody that has spent time in the Texas hill country will most likely have a fond memory or three.
Also, when I was much younger my family lived in the hills about 36 miles northwest of San Antonio, on Medina Lake. The community there was called Lakehills.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2003 11:44 pm
Re being called a Yankee: I never thought of myself as one (and I hate the team called that name) but I was born in NY. Have lived in the NW for many years, but a few years ago I spent a few weeks in No. Carolina. When I explained my background to a native, he said, not unkindly, "Oh, so you're a Yankee!"

And there it is...
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 05:46 am
How about Jane Fonda playing Mrs. Harris?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 07:32 am
Isn't that the truth about Austin. I met more native Californians Austin in 1996 then I ever met in California.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 08:58 am
and here i thought they all moved to Colorado.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 08:59 am
In Houston in the 80s we had a running joke about all the folks coming here from Michigan - "Last one to leave that state remember to turn out the lights."
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 10:08 am
d'art, when I moved from Dallas to Ohio people (well, a few) would refer to me as a "little hillbilly." And, not unkindly. Weird, Dallas was always a very sophisticated city. And, I remember as a kid growing up here in TX not knowing that "Yankee" was an insult.

Yeah, and Austin is building huge beautiful buildings right around those old neat college hangouts and the bars (night clubs) on 6th Street. I think the huge sign "keep Austin weird" is still there. Austin is still the music capital of the world but, sadly, not so weird.
Extremely liberal.

tex-star
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 10:11 am
edgar, when the Michiganians were coming here by the droves I was living in Michigan. My son visited Houston and was told to "go home Yankee."

We do get a little twisted around, don't we?

tex-star
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 10:16 am
Yeah; I guess there was that. People are so territorial.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 12:06 pm
I'm voting (again) for John Waters to play the brother-in-law. He's got the perfect mustache for the part...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2003 01:22 pm
I didn't run away - just didn't have anything oto offer related to the damn-yankees-chili-cookoff-and who's-gonna-play-who-in-the-movie tangent.
0 Replies