My friend is saying I'm taking advantage of him.

Reply Sat 19 Aug, 2017 10:59 pm
So I have this guy friend lets call him Luke and I have another friend that i'm gonna call Liz. So I have been friends with Luke for a year and he considers us close as we help each other out from time to time but we don't really know a lot about each other.

We can barely even remember each other's birthdays and recently I've started to try and build a friendship with Liz and there is nothing wrong with that right? I just want to have another friend.

However, Luke suddenly tells me that he feels pain and he is hurt as I have been ignoring him for the past few months ever since I met Liz. The thing is, I haven't been ignoring him. I'm in the same class as Liz while Luke is in another. We aren't even in the same stream. (that means that either you are in the advanced, normal academic or normal technical. Me and Liz are in the Normal academic while Luke is in the normal technical). Luke has also been telling me about how I've been taking advantage of him for all this while since we became friends.

Not only that, but he also says that Liz changed me and that I've become another person. He tells me that I should change back to how I was before. Of course, I didn't want to argue and I said I'm sorry that I have done those things even though I didn't and now I feel terrible because not only did my friend accuse me of those things but I don't have to courage to tell him I didn't do those things. He says how much he sacrificed for me but I sacrificed more for him. I risked getting in trouble for him. I told him that if he felt that way, he should just find other "real friends" since I "hurt" him that much but he then goes on about how he can't find real friends and I'm the only one who gets him.

I don't want our friendship to continue like this but I don't want him to be angry at me as I have to see him everyday and it might make my life diffucult. What should I do? I so called "admitted" to what he said I was doing even though I didn't do all those things. I honestly don't want to lose him as a friend as all those memories we had meant something for me.

I almost forgot to mention that I used to have a crush on him last year. So did he. Maybe that is the reason why I was so close to him last year and maybe I was blinded by it that I couldn't see the way he really was. Or maybe I'm actually taking advantage of him and neglecting him. I don't know anymore. I need help please.

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 20 Aug, 2017 06:47 am
Don't let people force you to choose between the two. Your friend Luke is just jealous.

Should not be too hard to have more than one friend. In fact, get even more friends.
ItsAyame

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 01:53 am
@PUNKEY,
Thanks for the advice, but how am I to keep being friends with him if he doesn't like me hanging out with Liz?
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2017 10:14 am
@ItsAyame,
You tell him exactly that: you want to be friends with both people. If he cant handle that , then he has a problem.

The best thing for you to do is to get more than one or two friends. Dont let other people run your life and make choices for you.,
0 Replies