I Am In Charlottesville...

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:19 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
See, our Constitution would need major overhaul to "take away guaranteed rights".
Our rules are a bit different than post war Germany. We have to convince folks that Hitler was really an embodiment of evil. The govt wont step in until someones's equal rights are directly smooshed by the guys like these clowns with the Tiki Torches and the "14 words" clubs.
Most of those guys that they pictured in the Charlottesville stampede, appear like many of these role playing gomers who wear star trek **** or dress like Knights-of-Old.

Seems th cops fucked up pretty badly by not closing the bridge to traffic. (They close this bridge for **** like craft markets and flower shows but not potential riot causing standoffs.

The counter -demonstrators should relly hqve NOT SHOWN UP. Then the alt -lite people would hve just used up their permit time and hqd been huffled back into their vans and pickup and driven back to Md, Ky and Ohio
DUHH

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:24 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
They're not skinheads
It another example of where common language separates us. OUR SKINHEADS are NAZIS , a cultural outgrowth of the punk rock era. Lets not argue a point of lexicon, were talking two different times (and frames )of reference.
Anyway, the Jamaican ska skinheads were all GAY BASHERS so they were not xactly for equal rights ere they?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:26 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Spent part of last night in a FB discussion that included a woman who felt that Nazis are ok
Holy Moley, where do we begin with that? . she sounds like Trump (displaying his pathological lying bone for all to see)
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:26 am
@farmerman,
I read there is going to be an alt right gathering in San Francisco (I forget when) and there is talk about the left doing just that, not showing up. If I remember where I read that, I'll link it.
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:31 am
@ossobucotemp,
YAY, I always liked San Francisco for the way they think. When I lived in Stockton I used to meet up with some of my guys down there and go hear some near some union hall at the haight. These were "Mind Expanding" meetings (No drugs nor alcohol was involved)
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:34 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
The counter -demonstrators should relly hqve NOT SHOWN UP. Then the alt -lite people would hve just used up their permit time and hqd been huffled back into their vans and pickup and driven back to Md, Ky and Ohio
DUHH

I completely agree. It seems though, that confrontation, at different levels of immediacy, is irresistible. The supremacists went in there just itching for a fight, it's their modus operandi, and these counter-protesters were their huckleberries, so to speak.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:49 am
@ossobucotemp,
I think our gay friends should set up a "follow the KKK dressup party with something a bit more colorful" DAY.

I saw a KKK hoody worn by some dude, and it had "Make America Great Again" on the top
nimh

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:08 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

Look at Germany on how to deal with the nazis for fracks sake.
Left media dont give them airtime.

Not sure where you get this from. German media, left-wing and otherwise, report on neo-nazis, the violence they inflict, and those protesting against them very regularly. Both on neo-nazis in Germany and abroad.

Quick examples:

- Recent stories tagged "Neo-nazi" on the site of DW (public broadcaster)

- Recent stories in the category "Rechte politische Strömungen" on the site of taz (left-wing newspaper)
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:20 am
@nimh,
Hi Nimh! Haven't seen you in about 7 years!

Cheers
Cycloptichorn
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 10:21 am
@farmerman,
I found the article --

http://www.sfexaminer.com/white-supremacist-patriot-rally-coming-san-francisco-counter-protest-already-planned/

Well, there are counter protest groups forming, but also people advising it is smarter tactically not to show up. That's towards the end of the article. The date of the event is August 26.
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 11:06 am
@ossobucotemp,
well, maybe the counter protesters oughta do a take on the Santa Cruz :doo dah day" parades, where they have orchestrated close order drill lawn mower marching teams and Boom bass bands. Turn it into a clown thing,

Hey, maybe everybody who's counter dress up like clowns in Hitler- drag and welcome them into the town.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 12:19 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

well, maybe the counter protesters oughta do a take on the Santa Cruz :doo dah day" parades, where they have orchestrated close order drill lawn mower marching teams and Boom bass bands. Turn it into a clown thing,

Hey, maybe everybody who's counter dress up like clowns in Hitler- drag and welcome them into the town.

That's a very good idea.

Lining the streets down which they parade and either screaming profanity at them or simply holding a sign condemning them doesn't do much other than to make the counter-demonstrators feel like they are taking a stand. That's all well and good and there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to do it, I just don't think it serves a good purpose beyond self-regard.

Joining in battle with the miscreants is not only illegal it's counter-productive, and as someone wrote, it will satisfy the itch many of these parading thugs have for street fighting. Whether some folks like it or not there are plenty of Americans watching Neo-Nazis in lederhosen and Antifa with black bandanna masks, kicking, punching and pepper spraying each other and think "A pox on both their houses!" You're not going to get a lot of people to recognize whatever threat you believe street fighting racist punks pose by acting just like them. (And if they want to be the White Knights doing battle with the minions of darkness, what's with all the black and menacing garb anyway? rhetorical question alert)

However, taking action that will ridicule these people can be more effective. First of all it will satisfy the feeling of some people that they have to do something. Secondly, it will irritate the hell out of the goons and far more so than screaming "Eff you, you Nazi scum!" The ones in Nazi and KKK costumes do look like clowns (especially the fat bellied, red faced ones) and the dorks with Nazi hairdos and carrying tiki torches looked just as ludicrous. Obviously the things they were chanting and screaming were not clownish, but if the counter-demonstrators want to really get under their skin, ridicule is the way to go, and employing some way to question their manhood will really drive them nuts.

Finally, it would probably be fun.
Foofie

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 01:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
In my (secular Jewish) opinion, many of the pundits are not being intellectually honest (or are not aware) that the epithets about Jews, that a radio host was saying that some of the Neo-Nazis were chanting (Jews will take all our jobs), neatly ignores the reality that Jews often are preferred by the Gentile in charge, since Jews tend not to be jealous of a Gentile's position of power, and serve him or her loyally. However, again in my opinion, successful Gentiles know the jealousy amongst his own brethren, and feel his own might plot his/her downfall. In effect, blaming Jews for being loyal to the head Gentile (aka, the court Jew of yesteryear) is not something to be said. Instead blame the Jew for his non-jealous nature towards the head Gentile. (read oy gevalt - woe is me).

I also think the counter-protesters, for all their high moral ground, likely find Jews en masse too different to really associate with on any ongoing basis. Not to mention the current pretext of Progessives for Jew hating due to the Jewish pro-Israel stance (ignoring the need for Israel to fight four wars against Arab armies bent on pushing them into the sea, and the current ho-hum attitude about any Jew getting stabbed in Israel for the humiliation of making Palestinians a source of wariness, resulting in "checkpoints"). In other words, Jewish lives don't really matter to the left or the right. I think this reflects that Gentiles, for all their being on opposite sides of an issue, really only value the opinion of a fellow Gentile; a Jewish opinion is just a priori of little interest.

Also, is it of interest that if one doesn't agree with another), one is supposed to hate the person with an opposing viewpoint, rather than just not want to associate with that other person? That is where I have heard co-workers say that Jews that don't act friendly to Gentiles are just getting back (dislike) what they give. So short-sighted, in my opinion. Many Jews just want to not associate with many. It's just self-aggrandizment, in my opinion, to think one must be liked, and there's no room for just discomfort on the part of anyone to avoid another. In other words, Jews having been pariahs for two millenia, have learned how to be shunned, and it means little on a personal basis. Why can't non-Jews (the "G" key is hard to capitalize) learn what allowed Jews to survive in a hostile Europe for two millenia?

If anything, we might be seeing the results of a college education being for the masses, rather than for the folks that aspire to maintaining or achieving a certain social class. Take a survey of the number of tatoos on college students; that will make my point.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 01:30 pm
@nimh,
Your anecdotal example doesn't change one inch to the obvious point America on all issues (not just this particular problem) beats the world together on hype news that bring idiots to the spotlight on epidemic proportions.
America is for all practical purposes in a media civil war exploiting ppl's fears and mass hysteria through information noise and poison. Politics live of it, both left and right. Say what you want but the worst possible example in the EU wont come closer by orders of magnitude.
Again Germany by obvious reasons usually is quick n subtle on dealing with the morons!
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 01:44 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...on the topic regarding the USA constitution yes it needs revision starting with the fracking 2 amendment and more...
...as for the flags and suits its not hard to make the distinction between cos harmless symbols and Evil Historical memorabilia, artefacts or replicas, that should be prohibited, confiscated, and land any trespassers on jail without parole !
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 02:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you realize what weve just done??

I gree, it would be a blast and it could only happen either in San Fran or Nawlins.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 02:37 pm
@Foofie,
you need on;y watch several episodes of South Park whgere these same issues had been studied and made objects of satire
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 02:39 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
guaranteed even the moderate gun lovers would only make moderate chnges to the 2nd Amendment.
(Like close some loopholes an bring several issues closer to the 1935 Fed Firearms LAW)

As far as the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights, youd be dreaming if you think anyone would even consider limiting it.
We see what people cannot say in several "Advanced " European countries and it sends shivers up my own personal spine.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 02:56 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
As far as the 1st Amendment of the Bill of Rights, youd be dreaming if you think anyone would even consider limiting it.
We see what people cannot say in several "Advanced " European countries and it sends shivers up my own personal spine.

...yeah right...the contradiction being that the more you hype the liberty of miss informing on the "enemy" of your "tribe", with strawman, fallacy, hyperbole, and sheer lying, the closer you get to a civil war. You feed of mass hysteria to run the freacking economy...
...and while I gladly agree the left media is by far less harmful on miss information, by European standards is nasty just the same.
...I grant you something you might be thinking along as you read, we import your mistakes very quickly...we have got worse on the process by example. That said, we still are miles away from catching up with ya champs!

PS - Oddly our nasty vocabulary is free as a bird on TV, workplaces, or on the web...while you guys "beep" "beep" on it...
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
I'm trying to visualize that, Very Happy . I still like the don't show up concept, but get it that the urge to confront destructive rabble rowsers is not only strong, but reasonable... if potentially unhealthy. Tactically, though, the no show thing may be a better idea. Or the Bring in the clowns concept, as FM is thinking about.

I've only been to Santa Cruz once or twice, not really on my long time California driving routes; liked it, remember a great bookstore. I remember reading about the doo dah stuff, though.

edit, just now saw Finn's post, and yeah. I agree too.