I Am In Charlottesville...

layman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 04:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, thanks, John, that was very diplomatic and not very revealing, but, from what I hear, he's a much bigger player in the Charlottesville events that have occurred in the past few days than you seem to think, and I suppose that would apply to Kessler too, although I wasn't asking about him.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 05:38 pm
Today a lone man wearing a Confederate soldier uniform wandered into the park and was harassed by protesters. He left.
I read that story somewhere but it seems to have disappeared. I can't find it again.
There was an incident on Thursday that probably didn't make national news. A group of people showed up at the Walmart parking lot. They had their guns on their hips (Virginia has "open carry" laws).
The store's security called police after getting a complaint that one of the guys was pointing a gun at people.
The police responded with several of their cars screaming past my house. They could not find anyone who would say that they were actually threatened.
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 06:48 pm
Any nonsense that the Nazi/Klan marchers were "victims" in any way are dispelled by the video at the Guardian website. Perhaps a couple of dozen lefties were around the statue on Friday night, when in poured several hundred Nazi?Klan boys carrying torches who, once they had the lefties surrounded, started beating them wholesale.
https://cdn.theguardian.tv/webM/2017/08/12/170812charlottesville3_WebM_V5.webm

And to think posters here were complaining about how the right was treated-unbelievable.
farmerman

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 07:06 pm
@Blickers,
They were actully carrying Tiki torches whose major danger is to mosquitoes. Sorry layman but your troops looked dweebie
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:08 pm
@Blickers,
Blickers wrote:

Any nonsense that the Nazi/Klan marchers were "victims" in any way are dispelled by the video at the Guardian website. Perhaps a couple of dozen lefties were around the statue on Friday night, when in poured several hundred Nazi?Klan boys carrying torches who, once they had the lefties surrounded, started beating them wholesale.
https://cdn.theguardian.tv/webM/2017/08/12/170812charlottesville3_WebM_V5.webm

And to think posters here were complaining about how the right was treated-unbelievable.

I don't recall seeing any comments from anyone complaining about how the demonstrators were treated except perhaps one where someone commented that they were deprived of their right to free assembly. If you can point me in the direction of the comments to which you are referring maybe I can be educated.

From what I can tell it appears that someone in authority in Charlottesville was either a complete dithering incompetent or wanted, for some reason, the two sides to clash. It doesn't seem like the police treated anyone roughly and that was part of the problem.

It may be that you are one of the people in this forum who believes that pointing out that Antifa and BLM thugs were involved in the violence is tantamount to excusing that which was perpetrated by the Neo-Nazis and KKK.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:09 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

BUT I would add quickly that our local news media are...um...not too good.

That's too bad. Often the local reporting in small cities is very good.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:12 pm
@layman,
Quote:
I wouldn't put it past any politician with a radical agenda to try to re-create such an atmosphere on behalf of their "cause."

Me neither but it's too soon to know. The DOJ civil rights investigation should be free to look into all aspects of the event and the conduct of officials.

More stories are rolling in that the police did receive a "stand down" order.

They have some 'splaining to do.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:17 pm
Using up my notes for today...
Mayor Signer voted no when Council members said yes to the removal of the statues of Lee and Jackson. His thinking was it is wrong to try to re-write history. He suggested better narrative of the thinking at that time. Monticello went through the same process where a visit there was once all about Jefferson. Now there is a much better interpretation with a lot more context about what life was like there, including for the slaves that TJ owned.
There was a brief profile of Signer in the Jerusalem Post today. He is Jewish and is quoted as saying that he had never witnessed as much anti-semitic feelings before.

I was shocked that he said that but, sadly, not surprised upon reflection.

Linda 2017

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:51 pm
@realjohnboy,
have a good time .
ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2017 08:54 pm
@Linda 2017,
l will report the troll -
farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 04:01 am
@realjohnboy,
The cowardly skinheads and the KLAN are easily identified when they know that someone is of the Semitic persuasions.
They are a bunch of low lifes in search of validation among the sea of Independents.
Even Nathan Bedford Forrest quit the Klan when they morphed into the cowardly hate group that we enjoy today
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 04:26 am
@realjohnboy,
I am in Coimbra Portugal and its sunny and quiet.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 05:57 am
@farmerman,
They're not skinheads. Real skinheads are anti racist and listen to ska.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/43/7e/12/437e1279b24ff30acfeaffb750367e39.jpg

https://oi-punk.com/out/pictures/master/product/1/patch163.gif

https://static.tumblr.com/dadc6491fa3537019bf11336e26a1da9/nlgf645/FXUnv4uhl/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.jpg
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 06:14 am
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
l will report the troll -
(not necessarily a troll... could simply be a case of someone new reading a thread title and quickly posting without understanding the subject matter...)
NSFW (view)
ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 08:20 am
@farmerman,
Spent part of last night in a FB discussion that included a woman who felt that Nazis are ok because Jews aren't white and Nazis (from Hitler through today's American version) are just protecting white people and that is what matters. It was ugly and bizarre.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:03 am
@ehBeth,
Look at Germany on how to deal with the nazis for fracks sake.
Left media dont give them airtime. Why the frack Duke is even known back there. Change legislation forbid the freaking flags and jail them.
As for cops jumping on black ppl get them out of the force everytime they caught on camera. Be tough with laws and shut the frack up in media. You give these joe nobodies crazy loosers airtime and importance...the whole American left/right shouting/polarization and relentless (on both sides) politicizing, manipulation of facts, exageration, scare monguering, is/has been, from long ago, what leads to situations like this.
I understand Fox channels being one of the lousiest tv's in the world but I dont see flawless behaviour on the leftists channels either. You are in a media paranoid civil war and have no one to really blame but yourselves. Your country with all the great things it brought along currently is a tragedy.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Your country with all the great things it brought along currently is a tragedy.

I am not in the United States . I am not an American.
Ponderer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:13 am
And so I turn on my tv to see a man get shot and fall to the ground. I grew up to tv shows like "Gunsmoke" The Rifleman" "Have Gun,Will Travel" etc. etc. etc.
And people wonder why things are the way they are. IT's CALLED "PROGRAMMING"
"They're not listening. They're not listening,still. Perhaps they never will."
From "Vincent" by Don McLean
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2017 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
Got it. I replied to your last post but was appealing to the brother American majority arround...anyway thanks for making that clear.
0 Replies