Annifa's Nonsensical Rubbish

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 03:36 pm
my head a' splode...ouch
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:51 pm
Joe, if people are reading something that is creating confusion for them, perhaps they weren't meant to be looking/reading.

What are your thoughts?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:12 pm
Scaramouche, scaramouche...
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:23 pm
turtlette, if a person reads something that creates confusion for them I think they will learn from it, that is if they try to clear the confusion.

galileo, galileo, galileo, galileo, galileo, figaro
magnifico o o o oooo
0 Replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:30 pm
i'm just a poor (girl) nobody loves me
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 04:26 pm
she's just a poor (girl) from a poor family

spare (her)(her) life from this monstrosity.

Tis interesting that the words "him" and "his" are equated in the female form with simply "her" in this instance. As "hers" is usually the equivalent of "his", why does it not work in this case?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 05:44 am
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:40 pm
Tryagain wrote:
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 07:52 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Tryagain wrote:
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:07 am
Must admit am lost now. Which way is out?

I want to visit Narnia. Even better, I want to create my own Narnia, it shall be called Nariannifa.

I can see it now: I will be standing amid the foundations of Narniannifa, clutching a bowl of Branflakes (missed breakfast, such a busy schedule)... then something will happen - don't ask what, but it involves a length of string, seven green bananas and an elephant dressed as a mouse - that will mean I forget all about the cereal, and leave it there, and it takes root, and becomes a great big tree of bowls of Branflakes.

And, and, and, then I think, damn... could have chosen something better. Will be handy if I'm starving... but it's not very exciting is it? Then again neither are lamposts. Hmm.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:47 am
Teenyboone, wrote, "But is your statement logical?" Shocked

It is sometimes convenient to know the opposite truth of a statement. That is, you may want to know if a number x is not less than 10. The not operator is simply "!" Therefore, to know if x is not less than 10 you use the statement "if (!(x<10))".

The misnomer is then compounded with, "Inquiring Logical minds want to know!" Shocked

Honey, this is the absolutely wrong thread for such a mind to be wandering unsupervised. Laughing

Why Should Inquiring Minds Want to Know?: Meno Problems and Epistemological Axiology

Meno: In that case, I wonder why knowledge should be so much more prized than right opinion, and indeed how there is any difference between them.

Socrates: Shall I tell you the reason for your surprise, or do you know it?

Meno: No, tell me.

Socrates: It is because you have not observed the statues of Daedalus. Perhaps you don't have them in your country.

Meno: What makes you say that?

Socrates: They too, if no one ties them down, run away and escape. If tied, they stay where they are put.

Meno: What of it?

Socrates: If you have one of his works untethered, it is not worth much; it gives you the slip like a runaway slave. But a tethered specimen is very valuable, for they are magnificent creations. And that, I may say, has a bearing on the matter of true opinions. True opinions are a fine thing and do all sorts of good so long as they stay in their place, but they will not stay long. They run away from a man's mind; so they are not worth much until you tether them by working out the reason. That process, my dear Meno, is recollection, as we agreed earlier. Once they are tied down, they become knowledge, and are stable. That is why knowledge is something more valuable than right opinion. What distinguishes one from the other is the tether.

You have not been charged for this insight. :wink:
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 04:57 pm
Tryagain wrote:
Teenyboone, wrote, "But is your statement logical?" Shocked

It is sometimes convenient to know the opposite truth of a statement. That is, you may want to know if a number x is not less than 10. The not operator is simply "!" Therefore, to know if x is not less than 10 you use the statement "if (!(x<10))".

The misnomer is then compounded with, "Inquiring Logical minds want to know!" Shocked

Honey, this is the absolutely wrong thread for such a mind to be wandering unsupervised. Laughing

Why Should Inquiring Minds Want to Know?: Meno Problems and Epistemological Axiology

Meno: In that case, I wonder why knowledge should be so much more prized than right opinion, and indeed how there is any difference between them.

Socrates: Shall I tell you the reason for your surprise, or do you know it?

Meno: No, tell me.

Socrates: It is because you have not observed the statues of Daedalus. Perhaps you don't have them in your country.

Meno: What makes you say that?

Socrates: They too, if no one ties them down, run away and escape. If tied, they stay where they are put.

Meno: What of it?

Socrates: If you have one of his works untethered, it is not worth much; it gives you the slip like a runaway slave. But a tethered specimen is very valuable, for they are magnificent creations. And that, I may say, has a bearing on the matter of true opinions. True opinions are a fine thing and do all sorts of good so long as they stay in their place, but they will not stay long. They run away from a man's mind; so they are not worth much until you tether them by working out the reason. That process, my dear Meno, is recollection, as we agreed earlier. Once they are tied down, they become knowledge, and are stable. That is why knowledge is something more valuable than right opinion. What distinguishes one from the other is the tether.

You have not been charged for this insight. :wink:
OOOOOOOOOhhhh! Thank youuuuuuu!
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 11:27 am
Sick and tired of Maggie's farm

She's a witch with broken arms

to wave

your worries

and cares

Goodbye.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 02:05 pm
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 05:04 pm
Annifa's back!

<dances>
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 01:09 pm
Letty wrote:
annifa, high light your response, then choose from the normal box to make it larger; then choose from the Default box to add the proper color. Roger the Rat taught me that.

Annifa

Like That?
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 02:39 pm
I've figured it out now, I'm just so quick to catch on

Anywhoo... I have a question of the utmost seriousness...

No no, I actually doo. Ahem, I be wondering, whether any of you good people know, I say if you know, what the name of a certain symbol I have come across is. I shall attempt, I say I shall attempt to describe it to your good selves.

It is rather like a stick man, with arms outstretched, and an arch connecting both hands going over the head. I would draw it and attach it to this ere post, but frankly I'm far too lazy to.

So what's it called!? Help!?

Ain't got no biscuits so stop askin'.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 03:21 pm
He's called Arch.

His full name may be Archibald, but that's just a guess.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 20 Sep, 2005 04:18 pm
Old Chinese call him "Hands tied in victory"
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 09:17 am
Are you quite sure about that? I think you may be spouting nonsense, hmm?

Not like me at all. I would never do that. Some people are so foolish and immature.

(:p)
0 Replies