Annifa's Nonsensical Rubbish

smog

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:10 pm
Have you learned how to live amongst the squirrels, then? Since if you haven't, sad to say, I don't know how safe you are there, especially since even Santa, the magical and hefty saint, wouldn't think of visiting.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:14 pm
I think it was only his opinion... Personally i think the squirrels are quite cute, and feel little danger of them scampering up my legs in the mistaken belief that I am a tree or similar woodland object.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:17 pm
I saw a squirrel hopping around in the snow yesterday. I wondered how it was still alive without hibernating.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 04:19 pm
annifa, i hope they dont try and enter any holes for hibernation... that could get a bit messie and painful
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2005 05:40 pm
annifa wrote:
How's this for a complete pile of carp:

Over the christmas holidays i wrote a letter to Santa, asking him for a tree - so that I can say "oh look everybody - a tree!" with frightening regularity. I also requested a sheep, what with being in Wales and all I thought it highly fitting.

Santa wrote back - he told me that I couldn't have a sheep or a tree as the two don't go well together, the branches get stuck in their wooliness.. or something. He then said that the chances of his coming to my most gracious abode were in fact very slim, as there are murderous squirrels on the rampage.

I couldn't agree more.

<smiles>

That was definitely worth waiting for.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 11:30 am
By the by smog, I didst happen upon that very squirrel that you saw hopping around in the snow yesterday (he'd stowed away on Meryl Streep's private plane)... and he said that he objects to your using of the adjective (well he thinks it's an adjective he's not entirely sure (jeesh you would've thought squirrels would have an at least rudimentary grasp of grammar)).. where was I.. oh yes - he objects to your use of the adjective "hopping" - claiming instead to be partial to a spot of "scampering".

He also muttered something or other about the journey, said that Meryl Streep kept putting on a dodgy English accent and that he just couldn't understand how she won an Oscar.. How rude!! I stopped listening at this point as I was mortally offended on behalf of Ms. Streep, stupid squirrel. Has he not seen 'The French Lieutenants' Woman'? Gah.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 12:32 pm
Was the squirrel aware how well, at the time of his stowing away, he would have fit into the old Disney short "The Flying Squirrel"? Was he also aware that the cast of that film is suprisingly small, especially when thinking of current cartoons?

Anyway, if you ever get a chance to talk to him again, please let him know that he was "moving by a quick springy leap or in a series of leaps" and not "running nimbly and usually playfully about." He was having a decent time, I'll admit, but he hardly seemed to be running or playful.

Interestingly, hop has another definition: "to make a quick trip especially by air." So this squirrel is hopping in many different forms in many different locations across the globe and he doesn't even know it. Poor guy.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:41 pm
Well that is indeed a fascinating piece of information, I was unaware of such a Disney short - and I expect that the squirrel was too, ill educated fool.

I shall not be conversing with the squirrel again as I know have an aversion to him.. (or her, I'm afraid i neglected to ask!) as he is frightfully rude.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 07:42 pm
spot the deliberate mistake...... terrible for an English student!! (..should I admit that?)

Oh c'mon.. it's late!!
0 Replies

smog

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 10:08 pm
know! I win!
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:43 pm
Well done - a can of beans is on it's way to you, enjoy.

I say - not very many people seem to be paying any attention to my thread of nonsensical rubbish... perhaps the title is off-putting..

Ok ok, if you must - you may make sense.

Just don't be too serious, there are plenty of other threads in which you will be able to discuss the healing power of cheese. Please, not here - that is simply too deep for me. I shall, upon reading any comments relating to cheese - respond with little short of sarcasm.

What's that they say about sarcasm.. the poor man's humour? .. erm.. I just probably made that up entirely. Very likely.. anyway - care not I for negative opinions of sarcasm, it entertains me Very Happy
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 10:59 pm
"You have not met the PM privilege requirements for sending out PMs. Access to PMs is given to users after a period of good standing during which they have been active members of the community. To contact the site staff submit a ticket at http://help.able2know.com"

How ruuude! I've been on this blinking site for yonkeroos, and I was able to send PM's before! Tsk.
Only wanted to send "material girl" some Madonna lyrics to brighten her day, i think she's fed up of headphones you know.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 11:12 pm
annifa wrote:
What's that they say about sarcasm.. the poor man's humour? .. erm.. I just probably made that up entirely. Very likely..

I'm pretty sure I've heard that before. Maybe from you, though...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 07:14 am
annifa wrote:
"You have not met the PM privilege requirements for sending out PMs. Access to PMs is given to users after a period of good standing during which they have been active members of the community. To contact the site staff submit a ticket at http://help.able2know.com"

How ruuude! I've been on this blinking site for yonkeroos, and I was able to send PM's before! Tsk.

You can shortcut the process though by running a sufficient number of errands for the site managers. Few posters choose to - though it's one someone's gotta do, it's a dirty job. You know - hauling obstinate pets from the Garden forums, shoveling erroneous manure from Home Improvement and returning hammers, nails and broad brushes there from over at Politics. Plus, it was a hell of a job to get the Europe forum pushed back into place after it turned out the continent had moved up one centimeter and north two after the tsunami seaquake last month (true!). It took quite a few strong volunteers, of whom there are few among this crowd of PC-bound folks.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 08:41 am
"Well thank you very much and no. In fact, I set my alarm for 4 o'clock in the morning to say something sarcastic and then go back to sleep."
-- Matthew Perry (responding to a comment about his seemingly neverending sarcasm)
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 09:05 pm
My cousin is called Matthew Perry

Isn't that quite something
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Sun 16 Jan, 2005 11:00 pm
My cousin is called David Gonzalez.

Go figure.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2005 04:41 am
....I don't get it. No really, I don't. Whoever made up revision is not a jolly good friend of mine. Why can't we all just not revise.. then blag the exam - that way everyone will have done a little on the carp side, thus standards as a whole will slip... making me look not quite so bad.
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Sun 30 Jan, 2005 06:10 pm
I have a headache. Any suggestions?
0 Replies

annifa

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2005 08:44 pm
a boohoo, nobody cared about my headache, How rude of you all.

Welcome to FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies