I Want to Be Selfish...

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:22 pm
...for just 1 freakin' minute. *sigh* My husband has been working late the past few days and with the onset of my hysteria the other night, I've really wanted to spend some quiet, quality time with him. To reconnect.

His friend, who I love to death, is going through a very hard time right now. Hubby is off work today and is going to go hang out and do guy stuff for a while with him to cheer him up. That's perfectly fine with me. Friends are important and he needs my husband's friendship.

I called him on his way over there to ask him if he could be home to have dinner with me, giving him about 3.5 to 4 solid hours with his buddy. He said he will have to see and don't I think that he should spend some time with his buddy because he's hurting right now. I said ok and left it at that...I will not demand he be anywhere. He said he would call and let me know what was up and even if he wasn't home for dinner he wouldn't be late. So much for dinner....

So, can I be selfish for 1 f*cking minute? Can I get MY needs met? *sigh* WHAT ABOUT ME??????!!!!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,056 • Replies: 38
No top replies

Seed

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:24 pm
Yes you can be... and I just want you to know that Im here, ready and willing to help you meet your needs ANYWAY possible... :-D
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:26 pm
(( Calls Kristie's husband ))

" Look PAL... Your friend has been there for years, he will be there later or tomorrow...
Go HOME AND EAT YOUR WIFE... hehe.. I mean.. eat her dinner..... "

:-)

Im sorry kristie.. it sounds like HE is being selfish. not you.
Yes, he does need his -guy time- but YOU need husband time and he needs wife time. If he doesnt want dinner with you, and he is obviously centered on his friend right now, what about making dinner late? So that when he gets home from buddy time he can eat dinner with you and spend the rest of the night with you? I mean... I think.. ( just an observation ) if you cap your time with him by ONLY asking for dinner time, you wont get the quality time you are looking for. No sex either. ;-) He will be watching the clock so he isnt late to his friends house.
True?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:30 pm
No way! It's not him that's being selfish at all! He's trying to help a friend out. Women are always being selfish, and guys are always giving in to appease the needs of the precious princess. The problem with this is that they get used to it. Then when a guy wants to do one little thing, he's suddenly an insensitive pig. Bullshit! Give the guy a break, will ya?!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:31 pm
Well, he is there right now, so I have to get him home first.

I know his friend needs him right now but f*ck it....I need him now too!

So I am saying it loud and clear I AM BEING A SELFISH BITCH AND I AM PROUD OF IT!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:32 pm
kickycan wrote:
No way! It's not him that's being selfish at all! He's trying to help a friend out. Women are always being selfish, and guys are always giving in to appease the needs of the precious princess. The problem with this is that they get used to it. Then when a guy wants to do one little thing, he's suddenly an insensitive pig. Bullshit! Give the guy a break, will ya?!

GIVE ME MY F*CKING MINUTE HERE.

Not to mention I did say I wasn't demanding anything. I simply called and expressed my wants. He always says he didn't know that that is what I wanted so...now he does.

And realistically, I am not going to give him **** about this later. I just wanted ONE MINUTE to be selfish and I can't even get that. Sheesh.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:32 pm
It's all about barter. I read this post with sadness, because I saw choccys and a day at the spa in it...

But seriously, there is always time to reconnect. Maybe women and men are different in this way: Women need a whole lot of validation and 'connection', while men just feel 'connected' in general, and don't give 'reconnection' much thought.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:34 pm
cavfancier wrote:
It's all about barter. I read this post with sadness, because I saw choccys and a day at the spa in it...

But seriously, there is always time to reconnect. Maybe women and men are different in this way: Women need a whole lot of validation and 'connection', while men just feel 'connected' in general, and don't give 'reconnection' much thought.

You are so right....i said the other night during my fit of insanity that i felt disconnected and he looked at me like i was nuts. Apparently he didn't notice.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:37 pm
This isn't a "feel sorry for me" thread. This is a

CAN I GET ONE F*CKING MINUTE OF TIME TO HAVE WHAT I WANT AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYONE ELSES F*CKING FEELINGS?

Whew....actually, that just made me feel better. Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:40 pm
Okay then.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:41 pm
'Tis okay Kristie, I get that all the time, and all the talk in the world never seems to solve the problem. That reminds me, I probably should attend to my chore list. Smile
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:42 pm
its important to do things that make you feel better.

for example -- every time i look at your avatar, i instantly feel better...
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:45 pm
kickycan wrote:
Okay then.

now that we understand each other...
let's make up and be friends again. Very Happy

sorry about the outburst...i am a little on the edge this week...sort of hanging on by the heel of my shoes. :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:46 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
its important to do things that make you feel better.

for example -- every time i look at your avatar, i instantly feel better...

glad to be of assistance.

why don't guys get that disconnected feeling? do we women analyze things too much? Or is it just that men have no heart? :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:48 pm
Have I mentioned how psyched I am to be single?

No...more...of...this...controlling...BS...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:49 pm
Kristie, I believe it's a mix of both.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 01:59 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Have I mentioned how psyched I am to be single?

No...more...of...this...controlling...BS...

How is this controlling? I asked for it and he said he'd see. I told you I wasn't going to give him **** and I didn't demand it. Just asked. Is that ok?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:01 pm
Now Kristie, no talking back. Get your ass in the kitchen, and make some pies.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:02 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Now Kristie, no talking back. Get your ass in the kitchen, and make some pies.

How 'bout cupcakes? With sprinkles?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 1 Dec, 2004 02:03 pm
PIES, WOMAN!!!!
0 Replies