Is it possible to grow 4 inches after 19?

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 03:24 am
Recently I've found a Youtube channel. The owner of this channel claimed that he had grown from 5'8" (173cm) to 6'2" (188cm) in roughly 90 days at his 20s. He also revealed what he did and ate in order to go to that height: Doing stretching exercises and eating a lot (Approx 3000kcal a day)

I personally think this is somehow impossible. Grow for like 5 inches in less than half of a year? And it seems like he was trying to sell something. I am afaird this is just a grimmick. How do you guys think about it? Have you ever seen anyone growing that much after their 19?

I am 19 years old and only 5'7" (170cm), and it is even short for men in Asia. I want to be at least 5'9" (175cm). Hope there is still a way for me.

centrox

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 08:52 am
if you are past puberty it is very unlikely you will grow any taller, and Youtube grow-taller videos are bullshit.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 09:06 am
@thowithid,
I doubt there is a way to make yourself taller. This will be dictated by genetics and diet throughout childhood/puberty. I guess if someone had this intention for a child and purposely designed a diet for the child from birth, then height could be influenced somewhat. Hard to tell, though without a control. Maybe if a set of twins were the subjects and one was given proper nutrition and the other was given a sub-standard diet, we could draw a conclusion about diet affecting height at adulthood. People in the US and Europe are taller in general than they were 200 years ago, this is largely attributed to diet.
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 09:08 am
@thowithid,
If he tries to get you to buy something to do it, it's a scam.
farmerman

Reply Sat 17 Jun, 2017 09:18 am
@MontereyJack,
I know that clams, if left alone and uneaten, will grow to be sizes that scientists have described as HEWMONGOUS.
0 Replies

thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 01:00 am
@TomTomBinks,
But what if I had diet and stretching exercises now? 170cm is really short, I think I haven't reached my peak height yet. It's my father height too. I dont want to be short Sad Why god doesn't make all men the same height.
Do you know any successful inceasing height stories after 19?
roger

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 01:06 am
@thowithid,
thowithid wrote:

Why god doesn't make all men the same height.

That's worth a smile. I don't know why we aren't all the same height. The answer remains 'no'.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 01:09 am
@thowithid,
thowithid wrote:
But what if I had diet and stretching exercises now? 170cm is really short,

Grow up. 170 cm is not really short. It is average. You think you can stretch your bones? Better and easier to revise your mind so you are not obsessed with height. But keep asking. Maybe in about 10 years someone will tell you how it is done and you can be 3 metres tall.
roger

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 01:10 am
@centrox,
Spanish Inquisition supposedly had some really good stretching exercises, but they were generally considered extreme and counterproductive in the long run.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:11 am
You are 1.70 and that is not that small.
There are plenty of girls around 1.60 and plus/minus whom would like to have a man to look up to without having to almost break their necks.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:19 am
Also, concentrate on your strengths. Maybe you are good at maths or chemistry or singing or whatever. A tall guy could be a stupid dickhead. The blood has further to travel to reach their brains. Also the air is thinner up there.

0 Replies

thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:31 am
@centrox,
Grow up? Dont you even know the issues when being short? Of course you dont because you are tall already. Actually that makes me feel sad when almost everybody is taller than me. You guys think I need to get more height just to get girls? No, I dont want to be tall, I dont want to catch other people's attentions. I just want to be average like 1m80 or at least 1m75.
You know that moment when a douchebag come and want to mess up with you and he's taller than you. You cant even beat him up. I dont hate myself because of being bullied, but I feel like I couldnt protect anyone, like I was miserable, you know. And more, a tall man can get more respect than a shorter one, at least in family. Being short really really sucks. 170cm is just like fun-size for men. I wouldn't worry about my height if I were a female.
All I need now is a successful story to inspire me up.
centrox

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:37 am
@thowithid,
thowithid wrote:
Grow up? Dont you even know the issues when being short? Of course you dont because you are tall.

And how do you know this? I think the trouble is in your head, and it's not just to do with its distance from the ground.

If you are from India, average male height is 1.64 metres, so you are above average.

thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 02:49 am
@centrox,
Height can give advantace in strength and confidence, I am sure you know that.

What if I am from an Europe country like Netherlands or England? You wont tell me to move to India, will you? I know you are trying to ease me, thank you, but personally I dont want to know how many people I am taller than.

And by the way, I've never met an Indian who is shorter than 170cm. They said 170cm is the very ordinary height for men in India.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 03:14 am
You presumed I am "tall" with no evidence. That shows you have a foolish obsession with height. The matter of your height is really a symbol of your true problem. You need to address that.
thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 05:21 am
@centrox,
Why do you keep saying I have an obsession with height? As I said before almost everybody was taller than me, I just simple thought of that you might be taller than me too. How is that an obsession? And sir, I am short and I know that, I just wanted to know if someone ever actually grew taller after their 19s.
saab

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 07:49 am
@thowithid,
I think to that you are obsessed with your height.You are in no way too small.
There is an article here in Swedish - exists also in English, but the average heigth of men is missing.
You can see how tall the average man is in almost every country in the world.
If the average size is 1.80 that means someone is 1.90 and someone 1.70
Take a good look and you will find a lot of men a much smaller than you are.

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A4nniskans_kroppsl%C3%A4ngd
saab

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 07:51 am
@saab,
P.S. Män means men and kvinnor means women. So you even compare between men and women.

I few things I found interesting. We always more or less think USA Americans
are so tall. Turns out that several European countries have taller men.
0 Replies

thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 08:41 am
@saab,
Oh there you go.
If I think I am small, I have an obsession with my height. Seriously? All round me are all giants with the average height of 1m80. You are Swedish, right? If you were standing at my height, you would think the same too.
But it seems like we are a little bit going off-topic. I am not going to discuss whether I am small or not, I just want to hear some stories about being taller and their experiences.
centrox

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 08:47 am
@thowithid,
thowithid wrote:
If I think I am small, I have an obsession with my height. Serious? All round me are all giants with the average height of 1m80.

This is what you are like:

I have an obsession with sex. Serious? All around me are talking penises and vaginas that perch in the trees and call to me.

We are tired of you now, shorty. Go to a fruit store and ask for a wooden box to stand on.