Is it possible to grow 4 inches after 19?

thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 08:56 am
@centrox,
And you are being mean to me now.
How is that relevant? I am short but I dont complaint about it all day long.
Just try finding if there is still a hope for me. And you talked like as if I cant grow taller I would commit suicide.
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 09:17 am
@thowithid,
You write as if being your present height is to be weak, and that is not a given at all. I dated a seriously good mountain climber who was much shorter that you are: 5.3 feet, which is equal to 161.544 centimeters. He was very strong, mentally and physically, and I was crazy about him, even though I was inches taller than him.

You seem to be past puberty. Time to accept yourself and do some standard gym training. I agree with other posters that you are being obsessive.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 09:23 am
ossobucotemp wrote:
I dated a seriously good mountain climber who was much shorter that you are

Some of my best friends are dwarves.
0 Replies

thowithid

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 09:35 am
Thanks everyone.
I am done.
I dont know why you people just keep saying that
More like if you were not happy with your height, you would be obsessed.
I am not though. Because we are talking about height, that's my point of view of being short. Looks like accepting my height is the only way I can deal with it now.
I was expecting hearing some stories about someone being short and they didn't accept it so they changed their routine and regime to train themself, and they nailed with getting taller. And to let me know that height change after puberty was real. But what I actually got is an insult from that "tall man".
saab

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 09:48 am
@thowithid,
I am 1.65 which is rather average for Swedish woman. My male cousin is just a little bit smaller than I. The majority of my family and relatives male as well as female are taller than I.
On the other hand I have friends married to men my size or even smaller.
What makes these men attractive? They are good at what they do, they are independent thinkers, they are intellegent and fun to be with. And they are married to women taller than they are. They are good husbands and fathers.
A man so obsessed with his size is completely uninteresting and full of inferiority complexes. If you grow and get taller you probably will find something else which is wrong in comparasing with other men.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 10:57 pm
@thowithid,
Quote:
I was expecting hearing some stories about someone being short and they didn't accept it so they changed their routine and regime to train themself, and they nailed with getting taller. And to let me know that height change after puberty was real.

I knew a guy a long time ago, he was like 5'2". It was right after high school so we were probably 18 maybe 19 years old. He really didn't like being short. We all told him it was OK, that nobody thought less of him for it, but he didn't listen. He wanted to be taller no matter what. His name was Mike. He was funny and smart and he had a lot of friends, but he thought things would be better for him if he was taller. We talked about it sometimes. Then one day he tells me he was reading an old magazine he found in an old box in his attic. Now when I say old I mean old. It was mid 1980's that this happened and the magazine was already over 30 years old. In the back of the magazine was an advertisement for a book that claimed it could make you taller. But of course since the magazine was so old, the ad was no longer valid. But as he searched further through the box he found the book! Inside the front cover was a receipt with his father's name on it. He was surprised to see his father had ordered a book to make him taller, because his dad was like 6'1". I said "Mike! your father ordered the book because he was short, but it must've worked and that's why he's so tall!" So Mike read the book (it was only like 20 pages) and started on his "get taller program" he didn't tell me exactly what he was doing, but he did say it involved certain exercises and some strange changes to his diet. I didn't see Mike for several days and when I did, he didn't look well. He was pale and he had dark circles under his eyes. he looked tired. I asked him if he was sick. He said he didn't know, but thought his get tall regimen was affecting him badly. I asked him what exactly he was doing, but he wouldn't say. I suggested that maybe he should stop it, but he refused. He said "Look, years ago my father did this and he's six one. If it worked for him it'll work for me!" I asked him if he talked to his father about it and he just shook his head "No".
so it went that whole summer. I saw less and less of Mike. He quit his job at the grocery store and he rarely left the house. The few times I visited him at home he looked awful. Pale and thin, shivering. eyes half closed. He didn't want to talk, or to hang out or anything. So I stopped going over there, I mean I had my own things going on, a job, a girlfriend, planning for college. Anyway I went off to college and didn't give Mike a second thought. It was at the end of spring semester the following year I was home for the summer. I was taking my girl to the movies and we're standing in line when someone taps me on the shoulder. "Hey, Tom! How are ya buddy?" I looked at this guy but didn't recognize him. "It's me, Mike. Remember?" And sure enough there was Mike. Good old Mike, but he was a giant. He must've been six foot three! He looked healthy as a horse! We didn't talk much that night but I saw him two days later at the park and I asked him what had happened. He told me that he followed the instructions in the book and for the first couple of months he felt awful, as if he had the flu or something. He got weaker and thinner but no taller. he almost gave up, but after three months he noticed a change. He started feeling better, had more energy, and he was growing! It seemed like he was taller every day! In reality it took another three months but he grew a full 13 inches! He started college late, but still managed to get on the basketball team! Since then, Mike has had wonderful success. He had a great four year run at basketball, a series of stunningly beautiful girlfriends, and when he graduated, he got a secure position at a growing firm that paid him quite handsomely over the years. Mike married an underwear model and has two lovely children, who are grown now with children of their own. Mike is the tallest grandfather in his whole town!
So he did it. He changed his regimen and with his strong willed determination, Mike got taller.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 11:06 pm
@TomTomBinks,
I really want to say shame on you, but I'm laughing too hard.
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 11:07 pm
@glitterbag,
Laughing
glitterbag

Reply Mon 19 Jun, 2017 11:30 pm
@TomTomBinks,
🍻🎂🥂
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 01:47 am
Perfectly normal..
0 Replies

Pumnellmoo

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 04:27 pm
I think it's possible. Male usually stop puberty at the age of 21 whereas 18 for female. I'm sure if you start working out now, practice balance diet, receive enough nutrients and have good sleep, it will make you grow better. All you need is self discipline and determination. There are a lot of exercise on how to grow taller if you search in google. They usually involve mucle stretching. Good luck and take it slow.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2017 07:13 pm
One word, thowithid: elevator shoes
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Wed 21 Jun, 2017 11:36 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
I really want to say shame on you, but I'm laughing too hard.

I would do the program just for this

Quote:
Mike married an underwear model
0 Replies

angstymouse

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 02:18 am
@thowithid,
Bar and stretching exercises can help you, if you have spine problems because of slouching. It works same for astronauts in space, they can grow up to 3 percent taller during the time spent living in microgravity
0 Replies

Salome01

Reply Fri 23 Jun, 2017 03:08 pm
@thowithid,
It not short for your age, and man grows till his late 26
https://www.care.com/c/stories/4217/when-do-boys-stop-growing/
0 Replies