Blacks and women celebrate Condi Rice.

Harper

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:12 pm
Why don't you start a Condi Rice fan club, sheesh. Next, someone will want to name an oil tanker after her!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:18 pm
Lash wrote:
Lash wrote:
Convert you...? If I get my thighs wrapped around you, you'll never see the light of day again....

OK, I think I gave away my thigh situation. They're not that big....really.

No problem, I'm a lover, not a fighter.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:19 pm
Rice, a black woman of notable achievement is certainly wothy of a fan club, with the President of the United States leading it. Very Happy
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:20 pm
Larry434 wrote:
Rice, a black woman of notable achievement is certainly wothy of a fan club, with the President of the United States leading it. Very Happy

Cool idea. I nominate Chris Rock for next President, with Condi as VP, seriously!
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:24 pm
cavfancier wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

Cool idea. I nominate Chris Rock for next President, with Condi as VP, seriously!

LOL. Might win...on the GOP ticket. Razz
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 01:28 pm
Larry434 wrote:
cavfancier wrote:
Larry434 wrote:

LOL. Might win...on the GOP ticket. Razz

Ahh, so you so believe that America might elect a Black President?
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:22 pm
I have no doubt we will one day in this century elect a black president and/or a woman as well.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:28 pm
Assuming she establishes a credible name for herself as Secretary of State, I am cautiously anticipating the GOP nominee in 2008 to be Condoleeza Rice. And yes, I think she can be elected easily assuming that the GOP is allowed something close to a level playing field.

I think Colin Powell against Gore or Kerry in the last two elections would have won by a landslide. Americans, especially Republican Americans, have largely left issues of racism and/or stereotypical prejudice and bigotry well behind them. Any qualified person with charisma and a track record can compete with clout.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:33 pm
Ha ha, this is a joke, right? The most incompetent NSA chief in our history and you think that she is going to be a credible Secretary of State? Not to menton that she is a liar and perjurer.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:39 pm
Well assuming you can prove that--oh wait, you can't prove that--your opinion is in a distinct minority Harper.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 02:57 pm
Not to menton that she is a liar and perjurer.

When and where did Rice lie under oath and commit perjury, harper?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:18 pm
Larry434 wrote:
I have no doubt we will one day in this century elect a black president and/or a woman as well.

While I frequently disagree with you on political issues, it is heartening to know you have vision and faith. This is one issue I would love to be proven wrong about. Smile
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:33 pm
Richard Clark apologized for not preventing the 9/11 attack, though the true blame goes to Rice and Bush, and all they have done is duck responsibility.

Rice is Bush's lap dog, and both of them fell into Iran's trap forged by Chalibi. Now we're hopelessly bogged down in the Iraq debacle, which didn't have WMDs, and Bush and Rice are impotent against Iran, which will soon have WMDs.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:43 pm
Bush and Rice have demonstrated the correctness of the Peter principle; both have risen to the level of their incompetency. What I don't understand is why they were both promoted after showing beyond a doubt that they were both incompetent in their respective positions.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:45 pm
Because a whole lot of us are a whole lot smarter than those who believe the tripe you just posted Coluber.
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 03:59 pm
coluber2001 wrote:
Bush and Rice have demonstrated the correctness of the Peter principle; both have risen to the level of their incompetency. What I don't understand is why they were both promoted after showing beyond a doubt that they were both incompetent in their respective positions.

Bush because it was the will of the electorate.

Rice because it is the wish of Bush.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:12 pm
Lash wrote:
dlowan--

As I stated earlier--political correctness is one thing--blatant racism is another. I don't know how easily other people see it-- I know it when I see it. Of course, we all don't see the same thing...

But, please be assured-- Being against PC is not synonymous with being pro-racism. My zeal to question PC is equal to the same importance in calling out unadulterated racism.

To me, it's like the difference in your high school coach touching your shoulder--or squeezing your breast--

Calling a black woman in the public arena "Aunt Jemima" is racist. Period.

Her silence on the matter is admirable.

FOX--

Hilarious article. Condi doesn't exude sexuality??!! How dare she! She could take a few lessons from Eleanor Smeal--or Hillary Clinton.

Yes - but your complaint appears to be that all blacks and all women are not ecstatic at her appointment, and saying so loudly and publicly, despite progressive folk in both categories believing that her policies and ideology are bad for everyone, just because she is a black woman?????

It was this that I was commenting on.

Er - I would have thought that you would see being wildly congratulatory of a black woman being in a high place - no matter what her beliefs and actions are - as being PC? Yet - here you are advocating it!

Your racism thing was not what I was addressing.

But on that subject, what are you trying to say? That ALL progressive people are racist?
0 Replies

dare2think

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:27 pm
Harper wrote:
Ha ha, this is a joke, right? The most incompetent NSA chief in our history and you think that she is going to be a credible Secretary of State? Not to menton that she is a liar and perjurer.

She is a liar and a incompetent, and she has been classed as the worse NSA in recent memory.
People do not dislike her because her race or gender, it is her politics, she is a lying lapdog and bobblehead for bush, and this is not good for the job title bush wants her to hold, they say she is boring, and does not want the responsible of traveling that the sos entails.
Plus I don't see why she is not turning it down, people who know her say she really don't want the job, she wants to be secretary of defense.
\
You Repubs are always trying to play the race card, this has nothing to do with race, or gender.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:29 pm
coluber2001 wrote:

I would have thought that she needed more than a couple of days in the job to decide whether she is competent or incompetent!

I don't think anyone is denying her abilities, are they? Just that progressive people are in opposition to many of the policies and beliefs she harnesses her abilities to?
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2004 06:59 pm
Rice had four year as NSA and she blew that totally by ignoring Richard Clark's desperate warnings about impending attacks against the U.S. by Al queda.
0 Replies