A2Kers...Need Advice...Again.

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:04 pm
well, sex is good or great (depending on work schedule!).

time together is ok (work schedules) we don't get enough "quality" time together. one or both is vegatative 85% off the time.

I am starting yoga today so we'll see on that.

yeah, just quit about 2 1/2 months ago but this has been happening now for about a year or so.

I will keep you all posted. It is true; all my posts tie in together. I suppose that if i fix one of these things, something is bound to happen with the others, right?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:06 pm
The lack of quality time's come up for you before, Kristie. I think it was on the thread that was in the lost data weekend.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:13 pm
ok, see this is why I feel like I am being an ass.

This morning, I got up, got ready for work and realized that I wouldn't be seeing my hubby til Thursday. I felt bummed because I didn't spend last night very productivly. Should have at least snuggled a bit. Anyway, I wrote a note saying this and that I loved him, blah blah (I leave a note every morning he works late) I ended up calling him this morning because our landlady was coming over and he did not have to be to work til 3, so he was home and I wanted to warn him that she was coming. He was all nasty and crappy to me (tired and pissed because she woke him up at 9:30). I kind of slinked off the phone, a little misty eyed and have been sulking ever since.
Well, I ended up calling his cell at 20 minutes to 3. He'd be on his way to work then. No answer. I didn't leave a message. I expected him to call back. Nope. 3 rolls around. Nothing. I am very upset and begin doing the irrational "why hasn't he called?" bit, like we're freakin' 16 and dating, not married. And like I haven't heard from him for hours and hours.
Anyway, to make a long story short (I know, too late) he called about 2 minutes ago. He forgot his phone and couldn't call on the way to work. I was all sad and stuff for absolutly no reason.
Now, why do I get all emotional like that? It's nuts. And it is emotionally draining.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:14 pm
ehBeth wrote:
The lack of quality time's come up for you before, Kristie. I think it was on the thread that was in the lost data weekend.

yes, it has come up and will always I am sure. My hubby is a Gm in the restaurant biz so hours run about 60-70 per week, usually 6 days a week. I married him knowing this but it is still hard. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

bjj

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 02:32 pm
i am the same a anything can set me off hope someone can give u some advice
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:33 pm
Switched birth control pills in the last year?

None of my business of course.

When I was this sensitive, it was usually related to hormonal flux, which is complicated, as ehBeth mentions, and can be affected by stress, being tired, and so on. And then one can get in a sensitive state for a continuous time frame, from some real emotional storm, like divorce.

Trouble with it, is a lot of the flags that make you angry or upset in a sensitive time have some basis in reality, but they are somehow magnified emotionally.

First I'd check your existing meds, or need for them, gynecologically or otherwise.
And I'd listen to those here who mention exercise, as in lapswimming, running slowly but for as long as you can, or long walks, and so on. I'd look to quiet exercise, myself, not agitated... so the yoga may be useful. Of all those, I might pick long walks. Good for what ails you.

Not to speak against antidepressants, one of those could be smart, but I'd look in these other directions first.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 08:55 pm
I have a feeling that emotional sensitivity is similar to allergic sensitivity, in that there is a threshold level of allergens that will trigger reactions, and once past that, one can become sensitive to all sorts of stuff.

There seem to be raised antennae for all-wrong-in-your-universe. As I mentioned, the trigger could be hormonal in some way, or some other brain function biochemistry. Or, good reasons...

heh.

Years after my own ebbs and flows of various emotions in my marriage, and years after divorce, I sort of wish I listened to myself in some of my rages to self.

So, there is also a possibility of actual difficulties to work through for you two.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 09:15 pm
Ossobuco--

I think you're absolutely right about a malfunctioning emotional immune system. Fatigue, hormonal imbalance, alcohol, stress--all can trigger The Blues, both the melancholy blues and/or the bitchy blues.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 16 Nov, 2004 10:32 pm
But, my piquant addendum was that the blues can sometimes be right, re difficulties in relationship.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 17 Nov, 2004 11:31 am
If situational stress brings on the blues, the situational stress--the source of the blues is not being dealt with.

Perhaps the stressful situation can't be changed.

Perhaps the individual doesn't know how to change the situation or is afraid of what change may bring--or is even enjoying the role of melancholy martyr.

Depression can be unexpressed anger, festering.
0 Replies