dave b

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 10:33 am
re
www.historyforums.com is back up and running now if you want to check it out
0 Replies

Deanna21

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2009 11:48 pm
@shewolfnm,
hi my name is Deanna and i need to know if i have a member of who was apart of the salem witch trials
roger

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 12:23 am
@Equus,
Sounds Navajo, Equus, and I would be very surprised if it hadn't happened much more recently. I have known several members of the tribe who thought they were being "witched" or cursed by witches. They're mostly called Navajo wolves, Navajo witches, or skinwalkers. If your ever want to see a perfect picture of a silent Indian, just bring up the subject before they do.

I understand that this is a fairly belated response.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:27 am
@Deanna21,
what do you mean?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:29 am
@Deanna21,
are you trying to find out if a member of your family history was involved in the salem witch trials
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:30 am
@djjd62,
that was my thought on the question.

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:35 am
@shewolfnm,
i'm guessing if her family member spoke that clearly they probably thought he/she was a witch Very Happy

i'm so going to hell Twisted Evil
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:38 am
@djjd62,
>snort
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2009 08:41 am
0 Replies

Abishai100

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 07:34 pm
@do not love me,
The Salem Witch Trials have been studied by many scholars and laymen alike. The incident refers to the accusation that several individuals (mostly women) in colonial America were engaged in anti-social witchcraft practices that disturbed the peace.

The trials themselves were and continue to be controversial, since many believe the accusations were based on religious panic and social angst rather than on evidence of terrorism.

A nice American Playhouse adaptation of the subject is "Three Sovereigns for Sarah - A True Story of the Salem Witch Trials" (1985) and the Arthur Miller adapted Hollywood (USA) movie "The Crucible" (1996).

As a born-again Christian and the son of Hindu parents, I have studied religious diversity and am curious about how the Salem Witch Trials reflect the modern cultural marketability of underground art comic books that can in ways seem like anti-social euphoria.

The comic book villain Video-Man (Marvel Comics) is an enemy of the superhero Spider-Man and can incredibly travel through electric wires and computer networks like a modern Internet virus. Video-Man is a modern anti-social totem that beckons allegorical explorations of heresy fascination in America and reflects 'philosophical engineering' incidents such as the Salem Witch Trials.

What is the symbolic relationship between terror and ecstasy?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Nov, 2013 07:37 pm
The Salem with trails was nothing but Christian witch hunt hysteria.
0 Replies