Where did you meet your significant other?

topless

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 11:39 pm
I am gathering people's thoughts about the best places to meet someone from the opposite sex. I want to know the places you have met your boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives. Please give as many examples as you can and the age (approximate) that you were when it happened. I'm not asking age to be nosy but just to help me find a pattern. An example of mine is that when I was in my early twenties I met many of my boyfriends at parties.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,332 • Replies: 28

steissd

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 04:26 am
I have not yet met. Maybe, anyone has ideas where can I meet?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 08:14 am
Holy cow, I asked a similar question about 2 1/2 years ago. Got lots of responses. Will be back with mine.

topless, welcome to Able2Know! :-D
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 09:17 am
<I like topless mebers on A2K>
deleted by Mrs. Hinteler

Welcome to A2K, topless!

Well, I met my wife on vacancies at the hotel pool in Spain.
We both have been approximately 22 years then.
All this ('Bring back those memories ... " Very Happy ) happened about more than quite some years ago.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 10:48 am
Welocme Topless!
LOL Walter
0 Replies

Sublime

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2003 03:33 pm
We met online. 4 years together (in the "real" world) and counting!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 12:33 pm
Hello Topless, welcome!

We met in front of the restaurant where my husband worked. I walked by one Saturday night in summer with a friend and he and his boss attacked us with water guns. I was 33 at that time. Well, believe it or not, I did not fall in love immediately. We met again in a local bar and my friend told me that he was the guy with the water gun. I was not single at that time - but some months after that I was. I used to go out alone most of the time and liked to start the evening with a cup of coffee at the Italian restaurant where he worked. We talked a lot and like each other very much. Nine months after we started to go out we got married.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 01:11 pm
I first met my present wife in the home of an ex sister-in-law. I said "Hello" and kept walking (I did not wish to become acquainted with my sis-in-law's friends). Years later, during the time of my impending divorce, the ex sis-i-l brought us together. We have been married 24 years.
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 03:21 pm
In Vienna -in a ballroom of course. 30 years ago and we still like to dance.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 03:28 pm
Ah, love in three quarter time

(I nearly had posed a famous saying by George Bernard Shaw instead of that.)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2003 04:24 pm
So sweet. And so appropriate with Valentine's Day around the corner.

I met my hubby when he moved into my house. Shocked I lived in a housing cooperative at the time, a big ol' mansion by the lake with 35 residents (it was much less squallid than you might imagine, actually) in Madison, WI. We met when he was "membershipping", or trying to convince us to let him live there, too, and thought he was cute 'n' all but I had a rather cast-iron "no dating housemates" policy. He had other ideas, though...

That was hmm almost 11 years ago, been married for almost 7.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:04 pm
I know I've posted this elsewhere before, so my apologies to anyone who's seeing a duplicate.

Met Mr. Jespah through the Village Voice personals. He was looking for a woman with long hair but really had no other specifications. I had been doing the personals scene for about 7 months and was just about fed up. This was going to be my last week to do the personals and then I was going to stop, regroup for a while, and step back from the dating scene. That was my plan.

So much for plans. We started talking on the phone on a Tuesday I think and we talked for 2 hours! He called on Wednesday and we talked for another 2 hours. We had already agreed to meet the following week, I think 6 or 7 days from then. He called back on the Thursday and said (I'll never forget this) "I've enjoyed talking to you so much, I'd love to meet you sooner. How's Saturday?" I had other plans (some other personals ad date) but of course that flew out the window and I said sure. We met that Saturday and that was it. I remember calling my mother the following Monday and telling her I had met someone.

In December, it will be 15 years since that initial meeting. We've been married for about 10 1/4 of those years.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:05 pm
Quote:
Where did you meet your significant other?

on line
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:17 pm
Jespah:

The Village Voice Question

I can't believe it! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

stanlen

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 02:21 pm
I was a flight instructor and she a student pilot. Today I fly for one airline and she is a cabin attendant for another.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 03:07 pm
Believe it, New Haven. :-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 04:06 pm
I "met" my sig other at another persons wedding. Actually, we'd known each other for years, but this was the first time we hooked up. That was 20 years ago.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 08:30 pm
She was an undergraduate student in her fourth year. I was a teacher.
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:21 pm
I was the manager of a convenient food store, and he owned a Shoe Repair shop in the same shopping center. We met while he was a customer of mine, purchasing a cup of coffee.
Our first date consisted of some one on one basketball.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:30 pm
Which one do you guys want to know about Mr. #1, #2, or #3?
0 Replies