Where did you meet your significant other?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2003 10:32 pm
Rolling Eyes :wink: Smile
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 12:19 am
All of them, Joanne.
Laughing
0 Replies

dlk33

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 08:07 am
Um.... if guys #1&2 are no longer in the picture then all that really matters now is guy #3. But, then again maybe it's not a bad idea to tell us where you met guys 1&2, so that those who are looking for some sort of hook-up won't go looking in the same places you did. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:39 am
I think if any kind of theme is going to emerge from this, it's that you can meet someone just about anywhere. I have friends who met in bars or online or at the gym who are doing great, and friends who were introduced by mutual acquaintances or met in the grocery store who aren't.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:41 am
If there were no Lovey, i'd be lookin' at the laundromat or the grocery store--you're more likely to meet people who appear as they ordinarily would in real life, as opposed to all tarted up for a night out trollin' fer luv . . .
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:43 am
Yeah, there's definitely your more-likelies. (Gawd, the laundromat! Have forgotten what a hotbed of flirting that can be.)
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 03:00 pm
#1 - At work
#2 - Through a friend.
#3 - At work.
#4 - Remarried #1, eek.

Now I am single for 10 years and happy at last
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 04:29 pm
#1 (ex-wife): asked me out at a party. Very Happy
We dated for 6 months and moved in together. Very Happy
Lived together for 2.5 years and then got married. Very Happy
Was widowed 3 years later. Crying or Very sad

#2 g/f: met her through a radio broadcast dating service (don't knock it). We dated for 2.5 years and almost married. Confused

#3 (ex-wife): met her through online dating service. Dated her 6 months and was married for 7 yrs. Smile
Divorced after 7 yrs. Sad

#4 current gf: met thru an online dating service. Still living together blissfully after 4 yrs. Very Happy
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2003 09:11 pm
Wecome Topless,

I met my first wife in college. Later met girls in Panama, the Dominican Republic and Colombia via correspondence and Spanish classes. I don't have a second one yet but all indications suggest I will in a couple more weeks.
0 Replies