Should I choose my family or a secret boyfriend?

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 02:33 pm
My companion that I have been seeing in secret for a while, has asked me to fly home early from a family vacation (which has been planned for a while to see my brother graduate from an ivy league school) because he does not want me to be gone more than 3 days from him. If I don't fly home then I am considered a user and a liar and he will break up with me. What should I do?

roger

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 02:53 pm
@UnknownandLost,
Just my opinion, but if he's going to break up because you don't comply, I would let him do it.

Family is forever. Sometimes that is a good thing.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 02:57 pm
@UnknownandLost,
Your companion is nuts.

Get out of there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 03:11 pm
@UnknownandLost,
Your secret companion sounds kind of crazy.

Good thing that you're away - terrific opportunity to break up and make him think it was his idea.

No one needs a control freak in their life.
centrox

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 03:55 pm
@UnknownandLost,
UnknownandLost wrote:
If I don't fly home then I am considered a user and a liar and he will break up with me. What should I do?

You should definitely not fly home. He gave you an ultimatum. All by itself that is 100% reason to dump him. Can't you see that? Do you know what 'blackmail' is? Do you want to end up his slave?
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 03:57 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Your secret companion sounds kind of crazy.

Good thing that you're away - terrific opportunity to break up and make him think it was his idea.

No one needs a control freak in their life.

All of this. Especially about the control freak. Use this opportunity. Don't come back with any "but I love him" bullshit. Just dump him.

0 Replies

UnknownandLost

Reply Tue 23 May, 2017 04:30 pm
@UnknownandLost,
Thank you everyone. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.
Below viewing threshold (view)
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 07:35 am
@UnknownandLost,
It's also good to know that you're willing to pay whatever extra money for the change in airplane ticket. Your companion could be a high-risk control freak if he places any guilt on you for not coming home early. Who's idea is it to keep your relationship secret? And from whom (mostly)? Yours or his family?

Sounds like the prologue to a story where you find yourself secretly whisked away to some kind of cult compound where your family (as well as the modern world) never hears from you again.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:01 am
@UnknownandLost,
This is a turning point in your life that you will look back at years from now. And that's a good thing. Be strong! Smile
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 04:15 pm
Why is he a secret? Married?
newmoonnewmoon

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 04:16 pm
@PUNKEY,
There are bad people in this world.
0 Replies

demilovato

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 03:02 am
@PUNKEY,
this is what i needed to know..
0 Replies

ginagreen

Reply Sun 28 May, 2017 09:41 pm
@UnknownandLost,
A worthy person is not going to let you choose between your family and him. Then you must understand my answer: Family is the most important one in your life.
0 Replies

JohnSmith75

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 11:50 am
Family is most important thing in our life, you should remember this all time long.
newmoonnewmoon

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:23 pm
@JohnSmith75,
Also : Make true friends = family
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Reply Tue 6 Jun, 2017 02:27 pm
@JohnSmith75,
And i agree with your statement JohnSmith75 ..

Even if your family is full of fucked up, some intelligent to an extent most not, in the head evil hearted shits that are trying to rule the world

😁 (*$m¡L¡nG*)
0 Replies

doglovergymnast13

Reply Sun 3 Sep, 2017 06:40 pm
@UnknownandLost,
Please don't fly home. Its important to spend time with your family too. If your boyfriend is as good as you think he is he'll understand if you can't fly home. Just explain everything and reassure him that you are not, not flying home because of him.
0 Replies