How do I stir up the Cambridge Philosophy budget scoffers?

spendius

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:14 am
Lola and I and Freud in the same bed.Woweeee!!!!
I'd sure get straightened out.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:21 am
sorry......my computer was infected with the Sober Q worm and had to be disinfected immediately. But my computer and I are all better now.

Me in bed with Freud and Spendi?.......heaven forbid. We're just sitting down to tea, that's all.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:31 am
Lola:-

In England the expression "in bed" is often used figuratively to denote fellow feeling or sympathy with an idea.In say-" the sales director and the buyer are cosy in bed and have stitched up a pretty good deal".

Our prose can be riddled with such devices which are used for efficiency or amusement and often both.Literal interpretations are often misleading and especially if Freud is in the melange.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:59 am
Yes, I know the expression, "in bed with." Around this part of the world, it usually carries the connotation of "sneaky business" but not always. In any case, a joke depends on both the literal as well as latent content for it's amusement and efficiency factors.

Tomorrow is another day.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:15 am
Thank you Scarlet.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 11:07 am
You're welcome Mr. Ret Butler type georgeob. very funny.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:08 am

You use "In cahoots".I heard it in a movie.

What are cahoots?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 05:32 am
In cahoots means "in bed with" It indicates a partnership, but one between conspriators.

I looked it up and here's what I found:

Quote:
ca·hoots ( P ) Pronunciation Key (k-hts)
pl.n. Informal
Quote:
Questionable collaboration; secret partnership: an accountant in cahoots with organized crime.

[Perhaps from French cahute, cabin, from Old French, possibly blend of cabane; see cabin, and hutte. See hut.]

Quote:
cahoots

see under in league with.

Quote:
cahoots

n : collusion; "in cahoots with"

So, I don't know......maybe a cahoot is a collusion....sounds right.

I know, it's a literal answer to your clever question. maybe a cahoot is a bed or a nest or a spider's web.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 06:54 am

We often use "nest" to designate a certain part of the female anatomy as in "You look like you've been on the nest all night".So the spider's web catches one and gets one in the cabin where there is a bed in which is a nest wherin one's destiny is to be straight-jacketed and sucked dry.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:05 am
spendius wrote:

We often use "nest" to designate a certain part of the female anatomy as in "You look like you've been on the nest all night".So the spider's web catches one and gets one in the cabin where there is a bed in which is a nest wherin one's destiny is to be straight-jacketed and sucked dry.

Or here's another possible destiny to consider, Spendi dear.

Quote:
William Shakespeare

Where the Bee Sucks, There Suck I
Where the bee sucks, there suck I;
In a cowslip's bell I lie;
There I couch when owls do cry.
On the bat's back I do fly
After summer merrily.
Merrily, merrily shall I live now
Under the blossom that hangs on the bough.

"Come into my parlour," said the spider to the fly.

Unless one is a fly or other insect, one needn't worry so much about the results of nesting.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:09 am

That can only be because American ladies are more thoughtful and understanding than this lot who prey on us poor saps.It might be a significant mutation.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:13 am
Or you might consider looking in other spots for more thoughtful women than in the pub.

Some women as some men can be so short sighted. It's a foolish parasite that kills it's host.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:20 am

Like on the internet?

What about Salammbo?I thought you and Francis would agree a title.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:22 am

Another thing.With all the eebies running around women can hop from a used-up host to a fresh one with a flick of the hips.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:30 am
Actually, I was thinking about this already this morning, talking to the MG.........

I was saying that foolish parasites like some literal-minded, easily fooled threaders (who I shall not here name, but one of them is female and her moniker starts with an "f") actually serve a good purpose in our society.

Recognizing the magnitude of the damage they can do in mob mode, fun loving liberals like myself get frightened that we may loose our freedom to have fun. Only this will cause us to get up from our beach chairs in the sun, put down our glasses of New Zealand Savingnon Blanc and get busy organizing. Without the fools, all I would do is read, think, drink, talk and nest. What a bother it is to be disturbed, but it's come time. No more enjoying the fruits of our political labors in the 60s. It's time to get active again.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:31 am
spendius wrote:

Another thing.With all the eebies running around women can hop from a used-up host to a fresh one with a flick of the hips.

yes, but this is boring. eebies are no fun.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:40 am
spendius wrote:

Like on the internet?

What about Salammbo?I thought you and Francis would agree a title.

yes, the internet is a good place to look. You have your pick of pre-screened women from all over the world. However, you might be called on to leave your 2 mile radius. And do be careful. One must proceed with caution.

I'm one of those taken women. But, if you like my kind, there are others around. You just have to sift.

Salammbo, yes. Let me think.................

If you start a thread for fun discussion, I'll read it and participate. I'm travelling to visit family Thursday through Sunday this week. And then I have to really finally write that article I've been researching and then I have some meetings to attend for a week in June.....but in between, I can probably have some fun. Maybe other serious thinkers......those of us who do it for fun, will join us. Let's see....the title........thinking
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 07:51 am

I think you over-estimate their powers.

I thought you liked eebies because they make your life so comfortable.

How would I be called upon to leave my small world of near bliss.Only Her Majesty can do that.What are you suggesting?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:24 am
I'm suggesting that if you want to find an educated and understanding woman, you may need to expand your search engine. Local folks are great, but your chances for success are greater, the larger the pool and the more pre-selected the members of that pool are.

Internet sites offer an opportunity that has previously not existed. People from all over the world can find their place with fellow soul mates. The selection of very nice choices is thus increased. And I'm not talking about internet dating catalogs. You should think about it. You must be growing a bit tired of the same ole people, else how did you show up here?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:27 am
Quote:
I think you over-estimate their powers.

Would you be so kind as to define the them of the their (as the possessive pronoun of "powers?")

Or, more simply put.........whose powers?
0 Replies