How do I stir up the Cambridge Philosophy budget scoffers?

Ethel2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:15 am
spendius wrote:
No don't.I downgrade stuff from people who die young.

she was too free, it seems
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:17 am
Quote:
Spendius - so much for Alexander the Great, then!

Thanks Helen. I needed help. Laughing
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:21 am
Thanks for the link Helen. I'll buy that book. Did you know this about Feynman? I didn't. Interesting...

Quote:
My brother, Carl, was born in 1962, and I was adopted in 1968.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:24 am
I have just been informed that an American fat-cat has purchased Manchester United football club.That is the sort of thing we get when our elite philosophers spend their time discussing what wines and cheeses to requisition.

Buck Pal could be next.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:30 am
I'm sad for your loss. But I'll go with the wine and cheese.......if they're good that is.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 08:59 am
Lola:-

What was that stuff your mate posted all about?I read it through a couple of times and it still remains drivel.I couldn't see what the guy was trying to say and I don't know why he feels the need to tell us all he was adopted.

Alexander the whatsit has had a very good write up which doesn't take me in even slightly.The joint folded is all I know and we won't be doing that because we are too smart.Dylan advised "Open The Door Homer" so I read it.A bunch of clunkers.
Hadn't even got digital TV.
Don't read Salammbo if you are a romantic.Well-not if you want to keep it up I mean.Mario Praz dealt with that for one.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 09:39 am
spendius wrote:

What was that stuff your mate posted all about?I read it through a couple of times and it still remains drivel.I couldn't see what the guy was trying to say and I don't know why he feels the need to tell us all he was adopted.

Alexander the whatsit has had a very good write up which doesn't take me in even slightly.The joint folded is all I know and we won't be doing that because we are too smart.Dylan advised "Open The Door Homer" so I read it.A bunch of clunkers.
Hadn't even got digital TV.
Don't read Salammbo if you are a romantic.Well-not if you want to keep it up I mean.Mario Praz dealt with that for one.

I expect no amount of realism to interfere with my romantism.......Emily Bronte didn't either.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:13 am

That's a moot point.

What did the photo signify?Was it a Bandung Conference Spoonerism joke.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:44 am
the photo?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:49 am
The lions den photo?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:12 am
It's a Rubens......Daniel in the Lions Den

I was just joking.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:27 am

I had another joke in mind about "Dan".What was your joke.We could both be smiling at different jokes.Not that it matters as long as we are smiling.

How about Salammbo?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:46 am
spendius wrote:

I had another joke in mind about "Dan".What was your joke.We could both be smiling at different jokes.Not that it matters as long as we are smiling.

How about Salammbo?

I've got to write my article first. Then I'll get to it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:50 am
Quote:
What was your joke

I've forgotten now. Maybe just that he didn't look relaxed or lazy, just scared. But somehow it doesn't seem funny to me anymore.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:22 am

There's gremlins in the kit.

Back tomorrow.

Be joyful.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:23 am
I wonder what Andromeda did to deserve this........too much freedom maybe? Or perhaps she's missed too many appointments with her personal trainer.

http://www.abcgallery.com/R/rubens/rubens60.jpg
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 04:03 am

I docked the cursor where X marks the spot,left clicked and nothing happened.

To deserve what?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 03:27 pm
sorry for your disapointment, Spendi. That Rubens was obsessed with something. It appears to be guilt feelings about sexual wishes. But I could be wrong.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:26 am

I think you could very well be wrong.But I could be wrong too.There is no way of telling.There is just speculation and that says something about the speculator.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:21 am
Freud thought so too. And I agree.
0 Replies