How do I stir up the Cambridge Philosophy budget scoffers?

NobleCon

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 06:16 pm
The Queen?

Is she still alive?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2005 09:28 pm
NobleCon wrote:
The Queen?

Is she still alive?

Don't know........I haven't beeeeen asked to tea in the last few days, so she might be feeling a little sickly......or maybe she's decided to favor another for the week. Ho-hum......

What's wrong with the CPD? They get paid with taxpayer's funds, but don't report what they philosophize about........therefore, according to Spendius, they are not accountable for their actions. Besides, they are non-celibates and this interferes with their powers of concentration. Or that's what Spendi says, and he's the authority on this subject.

george,

Manhattan has a way of taking one in and turning one around in no time flat. Why don't you come up and see us sometime? We'll show you around, have a good time. Whattaya say?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:56 am
NC:-

Read the thread.But to summarise in case you can't be arsed-

1-What do they do?

2How much does it cost?

3-Couldn't the money be more wisely spent?

What else is there?

Millions of people have lost their jobs because these three questions have been applied to them.Why should they not be applied to the CPD.
Are they proteced?

What else is there?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 05:42 am

I have had some dealings with members of the protected species.It didn't last long because they would only debate using their own premises which is a bit like only playing cricket when you can bat all the time.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 06:53 am
Many others of like mind inhabit these threads as well.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 06:57 am
I have decided to become a registered nurse.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 07:24 am
MG:-

Well make sure you don't end up giving Mathos injections.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:08 pm
NobleCon wrote:
A colourful remark- and insufficient, at best; at worst, equivocal.

Your relation of CPD attendance to a "guinea's stamp" follows suit.

Please, if you can, and without the drivel, provide me with an adequate response to 'What is the problem with CPD?'.

One concern of mine in life NobleCon a real concern is 'Jobs for The Boy's'
Nobody, but nobody ever achieved admittance into the CPD without having been groomed by the installation board, who between them select their own proposer and seconder for the initiation rites. Nobody ever got blackballed either. There are people working in Tesco, Brown Shoe Company, Freeman Hardy & Willis, who could really earn their keep!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:13 pm
spendius

A shot for the two of you, then. Will a single needle suffice?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 02:15 pm
spendius wrote:
MG:-

Well make sure you don't end up giving Mathos injections.

Spendius, I rather think, yourself along with your dear friend Sister George would be far better employed in Lola's coffee shop !

AND NC Whilst I am here !

Her Royal Majesty, is very much alive; Thank You
0 Replies

NobleCon

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:13 pm
I see...

Groomed how?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 05:11 am

We don't discuss the ins and outs of it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 05:57 am
Mathos

It's a coffee house not a coffee shop.........don't you know the difference? Are you showing your age (too young to understand the significance of the difference) or are you just being a bit lazy?

And it's not my coffee house, it's Wassau's. He's my friend.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 05:58 am
georgeob1 wrote:
Many others of like mind inhabit these threads as well.

Only those of us who can hit the ball.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 07:21 am
Hello Lola:-

How's it going.You haven't been on much lately.

Where has The MG got this daft idea that I am using two names,Mathos is obviosly English I admit but he is much younger than I am.How else could he get an erection with a nurse giving him a jab?That would do nothing for me.I don't even have jabs these days.I am a mature man.I am at that age where I prefer to allow the temptations of the flesh to remain as they are.I find it quite amusing to see the elaborations of temptations which can be motivated into action by a more standoffish position.
You do know what George's "like mind" was don't you.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 07:57 am
"...of like mind" --- I was referring to those who, in keeping with the precepts of Spendius' preceding post which referred to those who restrict argument and discussion to their own precepts and terms.

spendius wrote:

How else could he get an erection with a nurse giving him a jab?That would do nothing for me.

Well it's better than getting a jab from a nurse with an erection!

One should always move with authentic desires in preference to imagined or induced ones. However, the old in and out never entirely loses its appeal. It's in our deepest natures.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 08:48 am
George:-

It may well be "in our deepest natures" but so also is keeping the skin on the kneecaps,the lumbago untested and the working hours to a minimum.

n cubed x y is only greater than (sk)x(lu)x (wh) if y is the years and less than 25,or 35 in bad cases,
and dignity and surfeit are ignored for experimental purposes.

The authentic desires of a jaded old roue,or a shagged out old has been,are garnered into the fold of the principle of "ease of the bone" coupled ,if you will pardon the expression,with a more diligent focus on higher things than was hitherto possible.

Your turn will come.It is as well if you are prepared for it and thus enabled to accept it with a certain calm and clinical detatchment when the day arrives.
What a sorry spectacle is presented by those who are not able to achieve this long sought after state of Nirvana.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 02:08 pm
Excuse me asking Spendius, is it possible to erect it with masturbation ? Only there are one or two bankers on your shirt flap 'Old Boy' ! However it explains away a great deal of worries I had regarding numerous postings you made. I was correct of course with the senility insinuations and references to the actual state of your brain. Age accounts for it 'Old Bean!' So I will try and be rather more considerate now 'Old Chump' wouldn't be cricket thrashing an 'old git' like yourself on a regular basis it wouldn't..
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 02:13 pm
Lola wrote:
Mathos

It's a coffee house not a coffee shop.........don't you know the difference? Are you showing your age (too young to understand the significance of the difference) or are you just being a bit lazy?

And it's not my coffee house, it's Wassau's. He's my friend.

Lola,
You go the the movies
We go to the 'pics'
You say it's either
I say it's either. (on going)
You say muffler
We say exhaust
You say trunk
We say boot
You say hood
We say bonnet
We try to educate you ! Have you viewed America's ineffectual use of the most beautiful language on the planet?

Coffee shop......please !
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 02:20 pm
NobleCon wrote:
I see...

Groomed how?

NobleCon,

If the educational barriers America has endorsed you with do not stretch to total interpretation of the word 'groomed.' I am at an hitherto unimaginable loss.

I rather imagine you have a morning job sweeping the forecourt of your local petrol station. Sorry for your sake I should have said; - ''gas station' or another confused moment in time would have hit you!
0 Replies